Would you do this hypothetical trade?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='559157' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:33 PM']how the fuck did we make playoffs in 05 then? we arent 8-8 at best. we are 8-8 at worst.[/quote]

By having more turnovers than any other team in the NFL that year. Give our offense 3-5 more possessions, and not even our defense could stop us from winning... I don't believe 8-8 is a best or worst for the team, merely a distinct possibility.

[quote name='mongo' post='559160' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:36 PM']I don't think much of Hall. I wouldn't trade Deltha, JonJo, or Leon for Hall, so I don't see the point of trading Justin for him.[/quote]
are u drunk? :huh:

[quote name='mongo' post='559162' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:39 PM']By having more turnovers than any other team in the NFL that year. Give our offense 3-5 more possessions, and not even our defense could stop us from winning... I don't believe 8-8 is a best or worst for the team, merely a distinct possibility.[/quote]
by having more turnovers because we have players on this team who are capable of making the big plays. this defense can be good enough to win. they have played that way 2 of the 3 weeks. they have one bad game and everyone is acting like this is the worst defense on the face of the planet. it is nothing special, but they have done their job twice. the special teams are 0 for 3 at doing their job and the offense is 2 for 3. get the special teams to 2 for 3 and we are probably 2-1 at least. even tho we cant expect anyone to be perfect, the offense has too much money being spent on them for a 66% clip. They can only give us a couple (2 or 3) off games this year at best. this team is 8-8 or better. i still see 10 wins and i dont see us winning this week. if we do win this week, then i feel sorry for our opponents because this team is going to roll some heads as it gets healthier and gets going.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='559168' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:47 PM']im with mongo... hall isnt that great.[/quote]
he is 23 years old (guess, but its somewhere around that) and has more God given talent than anyone in our secondary. he doesnt exactly have the best coaching in ATL. put him with Coyle and i bet he would be a superstar. he is not a star right now like a lot of the media portrays him as, but he definitely can be. i dont see leon hall as more than a good # 2 (and im perfectly fine with that). Deltha has what 1 more season here after this year? cuz u know he will want big money and some idiot team like cleveland will probably give it to him. Jon Jo i can see as a star, especially if his catching improves. would there be a better trio in the NFL than joseph, hall, hall in a year or two? they are all young too.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='559175' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:54 PM']he is 23 years old (guess, but its somewhere around that) and has more God given talent than anyone in our secondary. he doesnt exactly have the best coaching in ATL. put him with Coyle and i bet he would be a superstar. he is not a star right now like a lot of the media portrays him as, but he definitely can be. i dont see leon hall as more than a good # 2 (and im perfectly fine with that). Deltha has what 1 more season here after this year? cuz u know he will want big money and some idiot team like cleveland will probably give it to him. Jon Jo i can see as a star, especially if his catching improves. would there be a better trio in the NFL than joseph, hall, hall in a year or two? they are all young too.[/quote]

..... so what?

[quote name='Rick' post='559122' date='Sep 28 2007, 08:32 PM']How many years have Black Jesus and I been asking to do just that? Well, maybe not all DL, but defense nevertheless. If Marvin would have listened to us, we would be in the upper 1/3 in defense now. That means we would be 2-1 or 3-0 now!

I dropped my jaw when I heard, "And the Bengals pick Chris Perry from Michigan." [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img][/quote]

Karlos Dansby is the next defensive name who has done anything. After that, it's pretty much Keiwan Ratliff as the next best play...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='559178' date='Sep 29 2007, 12:00 AM']..... so what?[/quote]
so? if this trade ever happened (has no chance in hell) id be all for it. whats smith going to do for this team next year? he might not even be here and 2 years from now he is definitely not here. he definitely isnt worth the 8.6 mill he gets and i dont think he would be difficult to replace. he is a solid DE, nothing special. id rather have a good young corner with lots of potential.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='559182' date='Sep 29 2007, 12:08 AM']Karlos Dansby is the next defensive name who has done anything. After that, it's pretty much Keiwan Ratliff as the next best play...[/quote]
i loved dansby, still do. he is an FA this year, would be sick if we got him.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='559184' date='Sep 29 2007, 12:30 AM']so? if this trade ever happened (has no chance in hell) id be all for it. whats smith going to do for this team next year? he might not even be here and 2 years from now he is definitely not here. he definitely isnt worth the 8.6 mill he gets and i dont think he would be difficult to replace. he is a solid DE, nothing special. id rather have a good young corner with lots of potential.
i loved dansby, still do. he is an FA this year, would be sick if we got him.[/quote]

You already have two good young corners with lots of potential. Why would you want a 3rd, and no DE on one side? I like Leon and Jonathan way more than Deangelo. JJ and Leon have good physical gifts, and they have their heads on straight. Deangelo hasn't shown any desire to perfect his craft, is a total hothead, and will melt down when things aren't going well. Do you really think this team needs that?

Besides, trading a DE without a replacement for a position where we already have depth doesn't make a bit of sense. Prime Time couldn't shut down a receiver without a pass rush, and we'd have absolutely none without Justin. I don't think Justin is worth his salary any more than you do, but he's a major step up from his backup, and that's more important than finding a 3rd corner to replace O'Neal.

[quote name='mongo' post='559244' date='Sep 29 2007, 09:31 AM']Besides, trading a DE without a replacement for a position where we already have depth doesn't make a bit of sense. Prime Time couldn't shut down a receiver without a pass rush, and we'd have absolutely none without Justin. I don't think Justin is worth his salary any more than you do, but he's a major step up from his backup, and that's more important than finding a 3rd corner to replace O'Neal.[/quote]

I'm hoping that we get to see some of what Rucker is made of this week since the LB's are banged up (Go mentioned Geathers may become an emergency LB) and because Smith is hampered with a nagging foot injury.

Rucker has all the physical attributes of Geathers (I'd like to see them have him get back down to 260lbs though), and was faster than Geathers coming out of college. Now its time to see if he has the talent of Geathers and can stay healthy like Geathers.

If Im a GM Im looking at Smith thinking.....plays hard every down...uses bullrush too much...fills the gap well....can be blocked to the inside on sweeps...puts pressure on QB but doesnt sack much..been in the league long enough to where he's peaked talent wise..
4th round pick for him.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='559613' date='Sep 30 2007, 01:35 PM']Their GM just said they ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BE TRADING HIM.

Are we done?[/quote]

I would hope they wouldn't... it's not everyday you have a top 5 CB on your team

... tho the Redskins did trade Champ Bailey.... but they are the Redskins

[quote name='mongo' post='559160' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:36 PM']I don't think much of Hall. I wouldn't trade Deltha, JonJo, or Leon for Hall, so I don't see the point of trading Justin for him.[/quote]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='559168' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:47 PM']im with mongo... hall isnt that great.[/quote]

Agree and agree,plus it seems he could be a troublemaker.What did he do exactly that he is facing discipline?
[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=0CED79F6F03D7DCC363EF84EA316B904?id=09000d5d802a9e72&template=with-video&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=0...mp;confirm=true[/url]

Archived