Steeler week

Keys to victory:

Run the football. Pretend the ball is a cock and mouth rape those bastards.

Blitz Jenny. She may make come plays against a pass rush but she will make mistakes against it as well.

Run defense. I think we will see Ahmad this week which will be huge. With him patrolling the gaps I think we can contain Smurf Willie Parker.

If we come out trying to throw the ball every down we lose. Team have beaten us consistently with a cover two because we have neglected the run.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='575841' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:39 AM']Keys to victory:

Run the football. Pretend the ball is a cock and mouth rape those bastards.

Blitz Jenny. She may make come plays against a pass rush but she will make mistakes against it as well.

Run defense. I think we will see Ahmad this week which will be huge. With him patrolling the gaps I think we can contain Smurf Willie Parker.

If we come out trying to throw the ball every down we lose. Team have beaten us consistently with a cover two because we have neglected the run.[/quote]

Anything it takes to wash those scum sucking Stoolers off our shoes once and for all!

(People are still tracking those guys in here and stinking up the place)

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='575841' date='Oct 22 2007, 04:39 PM']Keys to victory:

Run the football.

If we come out trying to throw the ball every down we lose. Team have beaten us consistently with a cover two because we have neglected the run.[/quote]
^^^

What he said.

Run the ball. And stick with it. And stick with it some more.

Hit Toothlessburger till his thumb turns blue. :ugh2:

I'd love to see Ahmad. But if he can't go, Schlegel needs to be in the middle quite a bit. Those two are the best run stoppers on the team @ LB.

Once they start bringing extra bodies into the box to try to stop the run, go over the top to Chad. I'd love to see an 80 yard pass this week on first down. :thumbsup:

Without Chris Henry any team that has played Cover 2 against us has been successful as we either abandon the run or dont have a good 3rd option to throw to. Holt played well as the #3 this week, but the steelers are not the Jets (however their pass D didnt look too good against Cutler).

We need to run sure, but thier running D is very good and their passing D is not, I think we might need a 60/40 passing game this week, but we have to involve others when they go cover 2 and double both Chad and TJ. This is seriously lacking, imo with Henry out (yes i said it twice, its that important), Reggie Kelly could help here in the passing game, slants to Holt could help, maybe an activated Chris Perry could help on some snaps catching the ball (as I dont expect much, needs to get into game shape, but a few snaps could help). But get others involved when Chad and TJ are both doubled.

In Bengals Weekly this past week, Brooks said he was about 80-85 percent, and not running in pain anymore. I think he will get some time and with as bad as their Oline has been this could be huge.

discipline, discipline, discipline on D..stay in your gaps, dont be creative and do your job. Big Jen will eat you alive if he gets out of the pocket (not so much in it) and if you can stay disciplined and keep him in the pocket and forcing him to pass he will make mistakes.

And as bad as their Oline has been playing, we need to attack attack attack. None of this soft zone stuff, BE AGGRESSIVE.

12th man be loud on every snap to help the D, they seem to get up for games when you do.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='575896' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:15 PM']getting a lead is important, make then pass the ball, the broncos sucked ass at covering the TE's last night, hopefully we have someone who can do that..[/quote]

Im not sure we have ever had anyone that can cover the TEs. But they didnt do a good job of covering the Broncos TE either.

I was noticing last night, when Fas' Willie was the most effective was when they were going with that delayed hand-off (usually to the left side). Straight gut-shots, he was getting eaten up. This will take discipline on our 'backers...don't go for the gap shots too quickly and overrun. We'll have to stand their line up and hold ground. Do that, and it should limit the holes.

Go after Benny Boo-boo [b]hard[/b]. Send the house a lot.

Is Wines Hard playing? Holmes can be had...but we can't give that stupid 10 yard cushion.

On offense...do what the Mules did last night--a lot of multiple receiver sets and motions. And [b]block[/b]!!

Most of all: no turnovers.

We have to win a homie against these shits [b]sometime[/b].

Last night was great for us. As bad as we were, we still control our own destiny in the division only being 2 games behind the Steelers and 1 game behind Baltimore. I hope the Bengals approach it like a Playoff game because that's what it is really. If we lose, @ 2-5, we would have to go 8-1 over the last nine, 7-2 @ best to make the playoffs. If they win it's a complete different story, with Buffalo in two weeks, we could be back to .500. At any rate, IF we won out, we would win the divsion regardless of what the other 3 did.

To Win:

Brooks needs to get his ass, or should I say balls since it's a groin injury, on the field. Sell out to stop the run and pressure Jen. On offense, CONTROL THE BALL. Either short passes or running, we have to eat the clock and keep our D on the sideline. It was night and day how they played when the Bengals gave held on to the ball for those long drives in the 2nd half.

Also, the 12th man needs to behave like this is the AFC Championship game. Make them make mistakes.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='575963' date='Oct 22 2007, 01:09 PM']It was night and day how they played when the Bengals gave held on to the ball for those long drives in the 2nd half.[/quote]

For once the Bengals did a good job running the ball against the Jets which ate up a lot of the clock, but I don't think they will be as successful running the football against the Steelers. I think they need to spread the Steelers D out. Their Cbs didn't look good against Denver, and they were going against the Denver Wrs. Stokely looked good and I wish the Bengals had him right now, but none of their wrs command a double team. I say pass a lot early in this game to get it up early, and then play ball control to eat up the clock in the second half. I want to see some Skyler Green in 4 wr sets. I think they need to spread the field and gain favorable matchups against the Steelers cover guys, and the Steelers wont be able to double Chad and TJ. Bengals fans don't sell your tickets to Steeler fans. The Bengals need as much fan support as possible at this game. Enough of the this pissburgh West crap!

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='576026' date='Oct 22 2007, 02:06 PM']nice analysis CJ. I don't get why we don't run more 4-wide to break up the double coverage. If nothing else, it forces the defense to play zone, which plays into our favor as well.[/quote]

The Steelers will be taking out their revenge on the Kittens. Denver stole one last night after the Steelers mailed it in after seeing the Baltimore meldown.

Steelers 27
Kittens 17

[quote name='LetsRock' post='576047' date='Oct 22 2007, 02:19 PM']The Steelers will be taking out their revenge on the Kittens. Denver stole one last night after the Steelers mailed it in after seeing the Baltimore meldown.

Steelers 27
Kittens 17[/quote]

mailed it in? they had to fight back to even tie. then colapsed on Defense and let CUTLER play tom brady the last drive.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='575879' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:08 PM']I hope so. The effort in the first half yesterday by the crowd was pathetic.[/quote]

It was tough, because the crowd was ready to cheer on the team but the first half was bad, real bad. My friend and I tried to give it our all but the fans in general were not in to it, yet. But I understand why. They just wanted a glimmer of hope and they got it and then sparked up. All cool with me, and a good time. It will be even better next week! Whodey beocthes!!!!!!!

[quote name='Phatcat' post='576118' date='Oct 22 2007, 02:57 PM']It was tough, because the crowd was ready to cheer on the team but the first half was bad, real bad. My friend and I tried to give it our all but the fans in general were not in to it, yet. But I understand why. They just wanted a glimmer of hope and they got it and then sparked up. All cool with me, and a good time. It will be even better next week! Whodey beocthes!!!!!!![/quote]

we need to try and put the offense on the field first every game.

Archived