Assassins Creed

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='592811' date='Nov 13 2007, 09:03 PM']did u ignore that the article in 2006 talked about a video shown in 2005? nice job ignoring that one to make some lame response.[/quote]

2007 - 2005 = 2

jackass

and thats all assuming you saw such video...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='592902' date='Nov 13 2007, 10:51 PM']2007 - 2005 = 2

jackass

and thats all assuming you saw such video...[/quote]
and before they can have a video they have to get teams and stories together to work on it. its been at least 3 years, i would say 4. i was not out of HS very long when i heard about it and this is my 5th year out of HS.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='592916' date='Nov 13 2007, 11:23 PM']and before they can have a video they have to get teams and stories together to work on it. its been at least 3 years, i would say 4. i was not out of HS very long when i heard about it and this is my 5th year out of HS.[/quote]

tokyo game show was middle of september in 05.... so at the MOST... a little over two years

"While most of the footage has been shown at other events in other parts of the world, one of the new clips is for a game from Ubisoft, tentatively titled Project Assassins."

"The trailer is very teaser-like in nature, lasting only for a few seconds. The game appears to take place in some sort of medieval setting and shows a man with a retractable blade attempting to assassinate a man wearing chain mail on his head."

"Before anything too violent can happen, the trailer cuts to text and reveals that this Ubisoft game is being developed by "the creators of The Prince of Persia." We'll have more on Project Assassins as it becomes available."

your full of shit, but im sure, making $50,000 a year delivering pizza, while hanging with Jeff Ruby, Pete Rose, and OJ Simpson you may have the inside link that no video game venue ever had...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='592920' date='Nov 13 2007, 11:31 PM']tokyo game show was middle of september in 05.... so at the MOST... a little over two years

"While most of the footage has been shown at other events in other parts of the world, one of the new clips is for a game from Ubisoft, tentatively titled Project Assassins."

"The trailer is very teaser-like in nature, lasting only for a few seconds. The game appears to take place in some sort of medieval setting and shows a man with a retractable blade attempting to assassinate a man wearing chain mail on his head."

"Before anything too violent can happen, the trailer cuts to text and reveals that this Ubisoft game is being developed by "the creators of The Prince of Persia." We'll have more on Project Assassins as it becomes available."

[b]your full of shit, but im sure, making $50,000 a year delivering pizza, while hanging with Jeff Ruby, Pete Rose, and OJ Simpson you may have the inside link that no video game venue ever had...[/b][/quote]
damn. i sound like a badass.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='591701' date='Nov 12 2007, 01:24 AM']ditto. 3 or 4 years ago is when i got excited for this game.[/quote]

[quote]ive been drooling over this for 4 years.[/quote]

How do you sleep at night with all these filthy lies and/or exaggerations?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='592642' date='Nov 13 2007, 03:45 PM'][url="http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=930278&topic=38956020"]http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=38956020[/url]

the people on the boards also specifically mention:

- The game has been in development for over 4 years

- This game was first introduced for the Xbox 360 as "Project Assassins"; it was then announced as a PS3 exclusive under the name "Assassin's Creed"; then it was announced as a multi-system title[/quote]

I don't even know what this proved. ok its been in development for over four years. So how did you get wind of it 2 years before any gaming news source? and even then, enough to get 'FUCKIN STOKED, DUDE' another half a year before any sort of details besides a few seconds long trailer and a concept name at a game show?

I don't even know what the purpose of the second bullet point was. Unless i'm reading it wrong its incorrect anyway...
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='592811' date='Nov 13 2007, 09:03 PM']did u ignore that the article in 2006 talked about a video shown in 2005? nice job ignoring that one to make some lame response.[/quote]

See above... Article = early 06. Video = Late 05

So:

(Video + Article)Truth - Lies = 2 years

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='592916' date='Nov 13 2007, 11:23 PM']and before they can have a video they have to get teams and stories together to work on it. its been at least 3 years, i would say 4. i was not out of HS very long when i heard about it and this is my 5th year out of HS.[/quote]

just give it up dude... just play the "i was over exaggerating on purpose card"

I mean it would be a lame exaggerration.... and it would still be lying... but at least you would look like less an idiot perhaps?

[quote name='Tigris' post='593463' date='Nov 15 2007, 08:42 AM']two of my friends been playing it... one is getting frusterated with it... the other quit already. hahaha. i havent tried it yet. maybe soon[/quote]
why are they frustrated? i just got my first assassination of one of the 9. he got pwned. then the attempt to flee the guards was ridiculously hard.

[quote name='DICKMAN' post='593739' date='Nov 15 2007, 05:59 PM']will somebody give a propper review please?
ie:
explain why your friends getting frustrated, why your friend quit (not picking on you), why is the game good/bad, pros/cons, etc.etc.[/quote]
ive only been playing for a couple of hours and i love it. i know dan loves it too.

Hope you're having a good time with this one, Thurman, but I'm just gonna have to sit this one out for now. I'd rather get Mass Effect next week and have a nice 50 hour WRPG to be absorbed in for months on end. Bioware simply does not let people down when it comes to their games. The same cannot be said for Ubisoft.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='593465' date='Nov 15 2007, 08:51 AM']why are they frustrated? i just got my first assassination of one of the 9. he got pwned. then the attempt to flee the guards was ridiculously hard.[/quote]

[quote name='DICKMAN' post='593739' date='Nov 15 2007, 05:59 PM']will somebody give a propper review please?
ie:
explain why your friends getting frustrated, why your friend quit (not picking on you), why is the game good/bad, pros/cons, etc.etc.[/quote]
The first one is very dissapointed (sp.). He hyped this game up in his head to be the greatest thing ever... and was a little let down because it's not the best game he's ever played. Heck, I THINK he would rather play Ghost Recon... seems to me he has more fun with that - or maybe he just concentrated real hard when he plays AC. He told me the graphics are cool and the story line was fun, but he said it gets very repetitive. We all played a lot of Oblivion... he deemed this game before it came out "Oblivion an Steroids"... if that can give you some kind of idea what he was expecting. It's just not what he thought it was.

Now, the other friend who is playing was stuck and couldn't make it anywhere. It kept going to that cloudy, misty screen (i dont know why, i havent played and wasnt paying that much attention)and he got frusterated as hell and quit late one night. He might have just been tired and was half-assing the thing and was doing something wrong - I don't know... but anyway, he popped the game back in yesterday (must not be that bad, he keeps quitting and keeps starting it back up) and made it to a new city and got pretty excited about that. He's still pretty new to the game so I think it's only fair he plays it a little more to get a real feel for it.

We had a get together last night and my other buddy came over and played for about 1 hour and he LOVED it. He only did the tutorial thing but was talking it up like he had to go buy it now or something. He didn't do much but climb a couple buildings and run and jump everywhere... I guess that got him kind of excited?

What I think ---- Awesome graphics. Game is different from any game I've seen. The whole "you can go anywhere and jump/get on anything" is a very cool feature. To me, and I've just been an observer, it does look repetitive. I want to start playing, but I'm not itching to do it. I've still been playing Halo. I also heard you could beat the game in no more than 15 hours... so maybe, if you can, you should rent it? I don't know how much truth is to that, but that's what some guy told me last night.

I hope that is a little better.

By the way, is there any way to have two games on the same gamertag? I was told you can only have one saved game on a gamertag... I've yet to try - but if that is true, that is fucking ridiculous.

My review of the game thus far:

It is pretty original, I have yet to play a game that is really like it. The graphics are well done. Very good storyline to the game.

You are allowed to wander anywhere and somewhat determine your own story path.

In my opinion, you can beat the game relitively quickly from what it seems like. But, at the same time you will be missing out on much of the story.

When you go into a city to do an assassination, you have the option of only completling two sort of recon missions before doing your assassination. In my mind, the game is a lot more fun if you comeplete all the missions, (along with going to all the viewpoints and saving all the citizens- side missions, which also can open up new types of side missions that keep the game fresh), before doing the assassination.

I could see how some people would view some of the side missions as repetitive. But in my opinion, it is no different than how reptitive a game like halo or call of duty can get.

If you are looking for something different, I would recommend picking it up. But if you don't really have any patience to get used to a new type of game or to do some side missions to keep the story at its full level, I would definitely rent first or avoid.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='594305' date='Nov 17 2007, 12:13 PM']Fun game Ive already done the 1st 3 guys in. The only issue Im having right now is eavesdropping on guys that dont have a bench near by. Ive tried to do it from the top of buildings but no luck. Anyone figure this out?[/quote]
um. i always find a bench. i plan on playing in a few. ill look for some eavesdropping to do when i get on.

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='594397' date='Nov 17 2007, 06:54 PM']As you're fiddling round with this bullshit, Thurman, I'm steadily ranking up in COD4....just you wait....[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

you are bad. you will never be as good as me. i rape bitches with my scoped M16. Ill have my Desert Eagle in the next 20 minutes and ill have a 50 cal sniper next week.

Thurman, I just want you to know....I just got Assassin's Creed. I traded a bunch of my old 360 games and Halo 3, and with the deal they have goin on trade in games, I ended up having over 120 dollars, so i got AC and I preordered and paid in full for Mass Effect. I have entered gaming heaven.

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='594969' date='Nov 18 2007, 02:35 PM']Thurman, I just want you to know....I just got Assassin's Creed. I traded a bunch of my old 360 games and Halo 3, and with the deal they have goin on trade in games, I ended up having over 120 dollars, so i got AC and I preordered and paid in full for Mass Effect. I have entered gaming heaven.[/quote]
why did you get rid of halo 3? wtf.

Archived