[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='610380' date='Dec 16 2007, 06:06 PM']No way...people already know that when Rudi is in there we run it inside and when Dorsey is in there we run it outside....Did you hear the announcers calling our plays before they happened last night?? It was pathetic.[/quote]

yea he guessed right twice, on first down with 1 wide, and on a 2nd down with 1 wiede and 1 in motion... rocket science. then next paly rudi was in on, we passed.

is Dieon sanders and marshall faulk really helping you for opinions that much? i tend to let common sense and my own eyes do the talking.

i could guess about 13 of frank gores runs as well.

announcers can pick whatever thy want and make it true with a play or two, its mindless banter and should be treated as such.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610551' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:07 AM']yea he guessed right twice, on first down with 1 wide, and on a 2nd down with 1 wiede and 1 in motion... rocket science. then next paly rudi was in on, we passed.

is Dieon sanders and marshall faulk really helping you for opinions that much? i tend to let common sense and my own eyes do the talking.

announcers can pick whatever thy want and make it true with a play or two, its mindless banter and should be treated as such.[/quote]

Uh...no they only guessed twice....the rest of the time they were making jokes about our defense. You have a serious problem on offense when teams can tell if you are going to throw or pass or where you are going to run by your personnel groupings. Especially when you do not have a dominant run blocking offense.

Let me see...3rd and goal....they usually like to go to TJ short across the middle in this situation...boom...almost intercepted.

1st and 10 Rudi's in the game so this is probably a run up the middle....boom 2nd and 11.

What is it Marvin always says?? A game is usually decided on 1 or 2 plays??

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610551' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:07 AM']yea he guessed right twice, on first down with 1 wide, and on a 2nd down with 1 wiede and 1 in motion... rocket science. then next paly rudi was in on, we passed.

announcers can pick whatever thy want and make it true with a play or two, its mindless banter and should be treated as such.[/quote]

I'll certainely listen to the opinions of those who have played the game before anyone on this board who hasn't. Why is it always mindless banter unless someone says something positive about the bengals?

I swear, some people are my polar opposite.

Jamal Lewis ? Seriously ?

Before this season, he averaged 3.4 and 3.6 yards per carry
the previous 2 seasons. Jamal Lewis also hasn`t gained over
1,150 yards in a season since 2003.

Let that happen to Rudi, and the same people that are lusting
over Lewis, are calling him washed up and screaming for
him to be cut . . .

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='610398' date='Dec 16 2007, 05:43 PM']but the browns did what we never do and thats address major problems through FA. They couldnt run the ball so they went after Jamal. they had no line so they brought in Steinbach. [b]and now there in the playoffs and we're not[/b][/quote]

No they`re not. They haven't clinched anything yet.
And hopefully we hurt their chances this Sunday.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='610615' date='Dec 17 2007, 10:02 AM']No they`re not. They haven't clinched anything yet.
And hopefully we hurt their chances this Sunday.[/quote]

uhh yes they have. we're 5-9 they're 9-5 they will get in in most part because of the moves they made last offseason

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='610628' date='Dec 17 2007, 09:21 AM']uhh yes they have. we're 5-9 they're 9-5 they will get in in most part because of the moves they made last offseason[/quote]

Ugggh no they haven`t clinched anything yet.
There is still a chance that they miss the Playoffs.
And hopefully we help them miss the Playoffs.

[url="http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace"]http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace[/url]

We could bring in Tomlinson and behind this makeshift line, he'd look pedestrian. Instead of signing Jamal Lewis, taking the "if you can't beat him, join him" approach, perhaps we should address the defensive guys that are paid to actually tackle the Lewis' of the world and upgrade at least the depth on the o-line. We won't, but we should since, and excuse the cliche, games are won in the trenches.

And not to mention that a guy convicted of felony conspiracy to distribute cocaine is JUST the sort of character this team needs right now....aside from the fact that Jamal's only gashed bad defenses like ours...and can't produce against better teams...I wonder why that is?

I really think the Browns are WAAAAY overrated and will lose in the first round of the playoffs to a team like JAX or PIT, and if not, they certainly won't survive the likes of the Colts or the Pats.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='610579' date='Dec 17 2007, 07:54 AM']I'll certainely listen to the opinions of those who have played the game before anyone on this board who hasn't. Why is it always mindless banter unless someone says something positive about the bengals?[/quote]

its mindless banter all the time. same mindless shit when we win, "oh you see so and so is controlling the game, dominating, making play aafter play" whether we wim 37-10 or lose 52-41, its the same boring shit.

and playing the game has nothing to do with being able to analyze it, if deion wants to talk about punt returning and coverages and rap videos, fine, if faulk wants to talk about blocking holes, making cuts, and running back shit, so be it, but what do they know about this team? the stat sheet they got set in front of them 30 minutes before airtime? having played before makes you knowledgeable about an entire roster and coaching staff?

75% of the posters here know more about the bengals team than any announcers who has covered them except MAYBE wilcots, all year. because we actually care to know.

question for you:

which do you think Deion sanders spent more time on saturday:

His wardrobe, suit and makeup?

Researching the bengals team, players, coaches, etc?

should be pretty easy to answer. do you think deion sits at home and reads nfl.com and checks in on every team all day every day? probably not.

if you wanna take their word is bond on playing a position they played, fine, but you assume cause they played before that they have some magical knowledge of a situation they know nothing about. seems silly.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610686' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:36 PM']its mindless banter all the time. same mindless shit when we win, "oh you see so and so is controlling the game, dominating, making play aafter play" whether we wim 37-10 or lose 52-41, its the same boring shit.

and playing the game has nothing to do with being able to analyze it, if deion wants to talk about punt returning and coverages and rap videos, fine, if faulk wants to talk about blocking holes, making cuts, and running back shit, so be it, but what do they know about this team? the stat sheet they got set in front of them 30 minutes before airtime? having played before makes you knowledgeable about an entire roster and coaching staff?

75% of the posters here know more about the bengals team than any announcers who has covered them except MAYBE wilcots, all year. because we actually care to know.

question for you:

which do you think Deion sanders spent more time on saturday:

His wardrobe, suit and makeup?

Researching the bengals team, players, coaches, etc?

should be pretty easy to answer. do you think deion sits at home and reads nfl.com and checks in on every team all day every day? probably not.

if you wanna take their word is bond on playing a position they played, fine, but you assume cause they played before that they have some magical knowledge of a situation they know nothing about. seems silly.[/quote]

Deion's a hall of fame DB so I think when he wonders why are coverage is so soft it has to make you wonder too, does it not? To answer your question his wardrobe. but whats that got to do with it? People on this board have been screaming all year "why are we playing so soft?" All Deion did was reinfroce what 90% on this board have seen.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='610647' date='Dec 17 2007, 10:07 AM']And not to mention that a guy convicted of felony conspiracy to distribute cocaine is JUST the sort of character this team needs right now....aside from the fact that Jamal's only gashed bad defenses like ours...and can't produce against better teams...I wonder why that is?

I really think the Browns are WAAAAY overrated and will lose in the first round of the playoffs to a team like JAX or PIT, and if not, they certainly won't survive the likes of the Colts or the Pats.[/quote]
to win, you have to get in.

playoff experience counts for something, even in a losing effort

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='610759' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:07 PM']Deion's a hall of fame DB so I think when he wonders why are coverage is so soft it has to make you wonder too, does it not? To answer your question his wardrobe. but whats that got to do with it? People on this board have been screaming all year "why are we playing so soft?" All Deion did was reinfroce what 90% on this board have seen.[/quote]

i know why our coverage is soft, and he should too, but he thinks LJ, dhani jones and mays were our starting gang, its pretty simple, if you have no coverage from your LB's, the corners are stuck either in zone or FUCKED in one on one. and with no coverage OR penetration from the LB;s the qb has all day and can make safe throws short safe throws, as the short routes are open, as no lb's are covering.

the defense revolves comopletely around the LB core. they 1. stop the run, 2, get pressure on the qb, and 3, cover TE and short/middle routes in coverage, if the LB's are your weakest link, it makes everyone else worse, if the Oline knows the LB's are nothing to worry about, the 5 linemen and RB can easily block the front 4, 6 guys blocking 4 isnt tough, and if they know the lb is slow and going to miss a coverage, its pretty easy to pick on the one on one routes,

for example, when leon hall was getting picked on, he was in tight coverage, he was juked or falling down, a LB should be in or near the throwing lane, thus the low quick pass would be in jeapoardy, and hall had the inside and deep covered, thus that person isnt getting that ball.. especially 3-4 times. DB's stranded are screwed, and DL with no help anywhere are worthless. im surprised we got the sacks we did this year..

[quote name='Actium' post='610777' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:49 PM']to win, you have to get in.

playoff experience counts for something, even in a losing effort[/quote]

so i guess they will have the same experience we do in the last 5 years.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610778' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:53 PM']i know why our coverage is soft, and he should too, but he thinks LJ, dhani jones and mays were our starting gang, its pretty simple, if you have no coverage from your LB's, the corners are stuck either in zone or FUCKED in one on one. and with no coverage OR penetration from the LB;s the qb has all day and can make safe throws short safe throws, as the short routes are open, as no lb's are covering.

the defense revolves comopletely around the LB core. they 1. stop the run, 2, get pressure on the qb, and 3, cover TE and short/middle routes in coverage, if the LB's are your weakest link, it makes everyone else worse, if the Oline knows the LB's are nothing to worry about, the 5 linemen and RB can easily block the front 4, 6 guys blocking 4 isnt tough, and if they know the lb is slow and going to miss a coverage, its pretty easy to pick on the one on one routes,

for example, when leon hall was getting picked on, he was in tight coverage, he was juked or falling down, a LB should be in or near the throwing lane, thus the low quick pass would be in jeapoardy, and hall had the inside and deep covered, thus that person isnt getting that ball.. especially 3-4 times. DB's stranded are screwed, and DL with no help anywhere are worthless. im surprised we got the sacks we did this year..

so i guess they will have the same experience we do in the last 5 years.[/quote]

pretty much

you know, it pains me to think a QB like Chad Pennington has more playoff experience than Carson. When you watch NFL films of all the greats, it seems like they were in the playoffs almost every season.

[quote name='Actium' post='610781' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:54 PM']pretty much

you know, it pains me to think a QB like Chad Pennington has more playoff experience than Carson. When you watch NFL films of all the greats, it seems like they were in the playoffs almost every season.[/quote]

it seems, but they dont make the highlight reels for the losing years, i dont know of a qb in the playoffs more than 5-6 times, and most play 15 years or so. carson is 1 for 4, 25%, not too shabby, and a few upgrades and this is a completely differnt team.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='610637' date='Dec 17 2007, 10:37 AM']Ugggh no they haven`t clinched anything yet.
There is still a chance that they miss the Playoffs.
And hopefully we help them miss the Playoffs.

[url="http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace"]http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace[/url][/quote]

They have a two game lead on the next contender....they have all but clinched.

After Jamal Lewis makes us his bitch AGAIN next week it will all be over....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='610793' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:12 PM']They have a two game lead on the next contender....they have all but clinched.

After Jamal Lewis makes us his bitch AGAIN next week it will all be over....[/quote]

they ahve a 1 game lead over the titans, and if tv tells me right, titans own the tie breaker, and there are 2 games left, but the titans play the jets and colts, so likely 1-1, the browns have us and the 49ers, which could be anywhere from 0-2 to 2-0 with the blink of an eye.

gore > lewis

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610808' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:39 PM']they ahve a 1 game lead over the titans, and if tv tells me right, titans own the tie breaker, and there are 2 games left, but the titans play the jets and colts, so likely 1-1, the browns have us and the 49ers, which could be anywhere from 0-2 to 2-0 with the blink of an eye.

gore > lewis[/quote]

oops...my bad. I was thinking the Titans lost yesterday.

a few things.
-jamal lewis is the real deal. He isnt as old as the national media would like you to believe. He is 28, the same age as rudi i believe. He is also one of the hardest training backs in the league. He trains hard, eats amazingly well, and has "film day" at his own house for the RBs on the team. Hes the type of back you love to have this time of year, as well as any 4th quarter in the season.

-the game where he didnt produce (i.e. patriots and pitts) it was a lot due to the fact that our OC chudzinski abandoned the run early due to our playing from behind. This is his first year playcalling for us. When you are down a couple touchdowns to the patriots, its tough not to sling the ball downfield.

-Hes on par for 1400 rushing yards, after missing 2 games this season...

-While our o-line has been doing a GREAT job, and i couldnt thank them more, their run blocking has been the little brother to their more impressive pass-rush protection. If they did for the run what they have been doing for the pass, jamal would have 1500 by now.

lastly...

-Theres no chance of Lewis wearing a bengals uniform next year. Lewis is loving cleveland. He has already stated he would sign another short term contract, that he doesnt even need a long term. What the browns will probably do is lock him up for 3 years, with the 3rd year being highly incentive based.

Archived