Shaun Smith is a Dick

He talks an awful lot of shit for someone that
plays on the worst fucking Defense in the NFL . . .

[quote][size=5][b]Browns' Smith 'really wants to sack' Palmer this Sunday[/b][/size]
By Sean McClelland

Staff Writer

Friday, December 21, 2007

BEREA — Along with paying the Browns a few compliments this week, Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer poked fun at former teammate Shaun Smith, now a Browns defensive lineman.

"He's definitely looking hefty," Palmer said. "I know he hasn't turned down too many meals."

If the 6-foot-2, 330-pound Smith has his way, Palmer will regret those remarks Sunday when the teams meet at Paul Brown Stadium.

"It shocked me at first, because Carson is not a guy who really talks," Smith said Thursday. "I'm going to bother him, be a pest. I really want to sack him. If I do, I might lay on him and take the 15 yards.

"After I hit him a couple of times, he'll be quiet."

Hitting and sacking the quarterback is advisable under any circumstances, but these are dire straits for the Browns, who can clinch a playoff spot with a victory but might see their dream denied with a loss.

Other Palmer comments, such as how the Bengals plan to have fun and throw the ball around at the Browns' expense, bounced around the locker room.

"As a pass rusher, I say thank you, more power to him," linebacker Antwan Peek said. "They want to go deep? That means more time to get to the quarterback. I encourage it."

[b]Bodden's back hurting[/b]

Leigh Bodden, the Browns' most experienced cornerback, missed practice Thursday with a sore back. Bodden generally covers the slot receiver and that's where Pro Bowl-bound Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh lines up.

Daven Holly might be the next option if Bodden can't go. Browns coach Romeo Crennel sounded wary of moving a rookie such as Brandon McDonald or Eric Wright to that spot.

[b]'Like a homecoming'[/b]

Playful jabs with Palmer aside, Smith has fond memories of Cincinnati.

"It's like a homecoming game, so it should be fun," he said. "I could write a book on that team."

He said Houshmandzadeh owes him 50 push-ups to satisfy a bet they made before the Browns' 51-45 win in Week 2.

"So if you see him doing push-ups on the field, you'll know why," Smith said.

[b]O-line protective[/b]

The Browns have given up 17 sacks, but only 12 since Charlie Frye was flattened five times in the first quarter and a half of the opener. Frye was traded two days later, replaced by Derek Anderson.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2408 or smcclelland@DaytonDailyNews.com.[/quote]

Let me get this straight...

We didn't pay a part-time player starter's money so now he's going to "revel in us having a bad season"???

Shaun - that is probably partly why Marvin didn't pony up the money for you. Grow up, you were about #4-5 in our rotation last year. I don't think you even dressed for a bunch of games. Be a pro - enjoy your success with the Browns because, I can assure you, there'll be days when the Browns are down again and the Bengals are going to the playoffs...

And those days will be sooner rather than later.

As Paul Brown said, something to this effect anyway: Say little, when you win, say less.

[quote name='Ben' post='612129' date='Dec 21 2007, 07:42 AM'][url="http://www.vindy.com/news/2007/dec/21/browns-relish-bengals8217-fall/"]http://www.vindy.com/news/2007/dec/21/brow...ngals8217-fall/[/url][/quote]

[quote][size=5][b]Browns relish Bengals’ fall[/b][/size]

Published:Friday, December 21, 2007

[size=3][b]Cleveland hopes to clinch a playoff berth with a win in Cincinnati.[/b][/size]

BEREA — It was 1989, those ancient days when Cleveland and Cincinnati had good NFL teams at the same time.

Hudepohl, Burger and Wiedemann — the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria of Cincinnati beers — were at work. Rowdy Bengal fans tossed snowballs at the visiting Seahawks.

Sam Wyche left his post as Cincinnati’s head coach and seized a microphone.

“You don’t live in Cleveland!” Wyche barked at the crowd. “You live in Cincinnati!”

Defensive lineman Shaun Smith appreciates the story. He has had it both ways.

He played for the Bengals when they applied a December 2005 win over the visiting Browns to finish 11-5.

Now he plays for a Browns team that will be one win away from 11-5 if they handle Sunday’s business in Cincinnati.

“I’m not gonna bad-mouth the fans there or nothing like that,” Smith said Thursday. “It was good. The fans were great there in Cincinnati.

“But now I hear that, since they’re losing, fans are selling their tickets and stuff.”

He hears it on good authority. One of his best buds is Bengals wideout T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Their wives, Lashonda and Kaci, will sit together Sunday.

“I urge all the Cleveland fans to go and buy a scalped ticket off the street or something,” Smith said. “It would be fun ... make it feel like home-field advantage.”

Smith is a big kidder — as in a 6-foot-2, 325-pound kidder.

He’ll interrupt an interview being conducted with Orpheus Roye with, “That’s not what you told me yesterday.”

He’s having a blast with this playoff run, especially as it turns south to Cincinnati, where he hasn’t been forgotten.

Asked this week what he sees of Smith as a Brown, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer said, “He’s definitely looking hefty. I know he hasn’t turned down too many meals.”

That got back to Smith, who replied:

“I really want to sack him. If I sack him, I’m not gonna get up. I might take a 15-yarder on that one. Just lay on him for calling me the Hamburgler.”

Palmer said the Bengals “need to come out swinging all over the place, have fun with it and try to knock these guys off the pedestal they are on right now.”

Another Smith reply: “Carson needs to worry about winning more games and about No. 85 [Chad Johnson] yelling at him, calling for the ball.”

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is one of the worst quotes in the league. Smith, though, hinted that Lewis is a personality to those who play for him.

“I’ve got something for Marvin,” Smith said. “I’ve got something for ... you name it. I could write a book on that team. I’ve seen good stuff happen and bad stuff happen. I’m not gonna release it all out, but I could write a book about Marvin.”

Lewis, who controls personnel decisions basically the way Butch Davis did in Cleveland, didn’t fight to keep Smith.

“It was a business decision they made,” said Smith, who has become a fixture on Cleveland’s three-man line, playing both end and nose tackle.

It can be hard to tell when Smith is half-kidding or half-serious.

“I might just give Marvin his little dance he does when he gets upset,” Smith said. “I might throw a poker chip at Levi.”

He was referring to an offseason attack in Las Vegas in which Bengals left tackle Levi Brown was victimized.

“You know ... the incident with Joey Porter.”

Smith is beginning to feel his oats as a Browns starter.

He matched his season high in tackles two Sundays ago against the Jets. He was in on a career-high eight tackles last Sunday against Buffalo.

For the record, it snowed in Cleveland. Yes, there were snowballs.[/quote]

[b][quote]"It shocked me at first, because Carson is not a guy who really talks," Smith said Thursday. "I'm going to bother him, be a pest. I really want to sack him. If I do, I might lay on him and take the 15 yards.[/quote][/b]

Hmm that sounds like a fine and call/warning from the commish to me.

Oh wait, its the Bengals... nevermind. We all know how Goddell rolls... nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='612156' date='Dec 21 2007, 09:43 AM'][b][/b]

Hmm that sounds like a fine and call/warning from the commish to me.

Oh wait, its the Bengals... nevermind. We all know how Goddell rolls... nothing to see here. :rolleyes:[/quote]
[b]The Browns defense is awful even after theyc drafted both Dquell Jackson and Kamerion Wimbley to help. They'll be a one and out in the playoffs if they make it..[/b]

[quote]“I really want to sack him. If I sack him, I’m not gonna get up. I might take a 15-yarder on that one. Just lay on him for calling me the Hamburgler.”[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Seems like a funny guy.

OMG someone made a couple funny jokes at the Bengals expense cry cry cry whah whah paul brown forever

[quote name='sois' post='612164' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:07 AM']Only way to shut him up is to smack him in the mouth. Give him a huge dose of Ghiaciuc and Jeremi.[/quote]

Yeah, our dominating center Ghiaciuc, and our overweight hardly on the field fb will pwn him!

Wait, doesn't shaun smith play DE in their 3-4?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='612193' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:09 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Seems like a funny guy.

OMG someone made a couple funny jokes at the Bengals expense cry cry cry whah whah [b]paul brown forever[/b][/quote]

:lol:

this cracked me up

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='612193' date='Dec 21 2007, 11:09 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Seems like a funny guy.

OMG someone made a couple funny jokes at the Bengals expense cry cry cry whah whah paul brown forever[/quote]

There has to be somewhere else for you to post. Some place where all the other miserable bastards hang out. Or did they get sick of you too?

I can't remember a single positive post from you in 2 years. All you ever do is bash and laugh at people you seem to think beneath you. There are a lot of people on here who are negative/bitter, but they often have intelligent opinions, and at least occasionally say SOMETHING poistive to indicate they actually lke this team.

I'm starting to think you use this forum as a way to feel "better than all those stupid homers"... Which is just sad.

And by the way.. Threatening to incure a 15 yard unessecary rougnhess penalty on our QB isn't a joke... And if it is, it's not funny... Only a miserable asshole like yourself would think so...

Well, that and a Steeler fan.......................

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='612193' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:09 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Seems like a funny guy.[/quote]

He is a trash talker on the worst Defense in the NFL.
That right there is what makes what he says funny to me.

[quote]OMG someone made a couple funny jokes at the Bengals expense cry cry cry whah whah paul brown forever[/quote]

I don`t recall anyone "crying" or saying anything like that.

But please forgive us if some of us have passion for a team
we are fans of. You know, where it pisses you off when a
division rival talks shit about your team, it`s players and coaches.
And threatens to get a 15 yard penalty against our QB.
Oh wait, you wouldn`t know anything about that would you.
You think it`s funny . . .

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='612159' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:48 AM'][b]The Browns defense is awful even after theyc drafted both Dquell Jackson and Kamerion Wimbley to help. They'll be a one and out in the playoffs if they make it..[/b][/quote]

Sounds like another Ohio team. Sad part is they have been to the playoffs more than us in the past 5 years.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='612206' date='Dec 21 2007, 11:33 AM']He is a trash talker on the worst Defense in the NFL.
That right there is what makes what he says funny to me.

I don`t recall anyone "crying" or saying anything like that.

But please forgive us if some of us have passion for a team
we are fans of. You know, where it pisses you off when a
division rival talks shit about your team, it`s players and coaches.
And threatens to get a 15 yard penalty against our QB.
Oh wait, you wouldn`t know anything about that would you.
You think it`s funny . . .[/quote]

He said he would lay on Carson. As in he's fat. Big deal.

When did this become the Oprah Winfrey message board? Bunch of women.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='612209' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:39 AM']Sounds like another Ohio team. Sad part is they have been to the playoffs more than us in the past 5 years.[/quote]

The Arizona Cardinals have won more playoff games than us in the last decade too

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='612209' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:39 AM']Sounds like another Ohio team. Sad part is they have been to the playoffs more than us in the past 5 years.[/quote]

Now they haven`t. This is their first winning season in 5 years.
2003: 5-11
2004: 4-12
2005: 6-10
2006: 4-12
2007: 9- and soon to be 6

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='612210' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:39 AM']He said he would lay on Carson. As in he's fat. Big deal.

When did this become the Oprah Winfrey message board? Bunch of women.[/quote]

He said a lot more than that. But I don`t expect
you to think anything of it all, rather than it was funny.

And I find it ironic as hell that the biggest Bitch on this board
is calling people a bunch of women.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='612216' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:48 AM']No wonder ESPN will take a story about what TO jokingly said about Jessica Simpson and make it headline news and talk about it for an entire week. So they can cater to all of you "drama queens" out there.[/quote]

Funny. You seem to be up to date on the situation . . .

[quote]He said a lot more than that. But I don`t expect
you to think anything of it all, rather than it was funny.[/quote]

I read it all. Just a few jokes, said Marvin Lewis has a dance (OMG BLASHPHEMER), said Chad's busy yelling for the ball (OMG WHAT A WIENER HEAD), said he could write a book about this team (probably because it is one of the biggest wrecks in the league), said he likes TJ, said he likes the fans and made fun of the Bengals fans who are all getting rid of their tickets (check Ebay or craigslist, nothing untrue about that statement)

[quote]And I find it ironic as hell that the biggest Bitch on this board
is calling people a bunch of women.[/quote]

What have I done that makes me a bitch? Laugh at a bunch of guys acting like homos because some fatass in Cleveland made some comical jokes about our joke of a team?

[quote]Funny. You seem to be up to date on the situation . . .[/quote]

Considering I can't turn on the radio or NFL Network or ESPN without hearing about it...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='612232' date='Dec 21 2007, 11:15 AM']I read it all. Just a few jokes, said Marvin Lewis has a dance (OMG BLASHPHEMER), said Chad's busy yelling for the ball (OMG WHAT A WIENER HEAD), said he could write a book about this team (probably because it is one of the biggest wrecks in the league), said he likes TJ, said he likes the fans and made fun of the Bengals fans who are all getting rid of their tickets (check Ebay or craigslist, nothing untrue about that statement)[/quote]

He did nothing but talk trash about a team that took
a chance on his fat ass, and paid him good money.
He also talked trash (you call it making jokes)
about former team mates and coaches.

If one of our players on Defense was talking trash,
as shitty as they have been, I would find THAT
hilarious. But let a former player, that is playing
for the WORST DEFENSE IN THE NFL talk shit.
And you find the shit he says about our team hilarious.
To each their own I guess.

[quote]What have I done that makes me a bitch? Laugh at a bunch of guys acting like homos because some fatass in Cleveland made some comical jokes about our joke of a team?[/quote]

All you do is bitch about this "joke of a team".
Your sig has been dedicated most of the season
to pointing out "shitty Bengals".

[quote]Considering I can't turn on the radio or NFL Network or ESPN without hearing about it...[/quote]

You know 100% more about the "drama" than I do.

Archived