Shaun Smith is a Dick

Hahahhahah I didn't see that Carson is the one who called him Hamburgler. hahahahahahahahahahahh

Carson is cool. I didn't mean anything mean by saying our C and FB should smack him in the mouth, I always feel that they should do that to the opponent :)

But anyway, Carson is awesome for making up that name.

[quote]He said Houshmandzadeh owes him 50 push-ups to satisfy a bet they made before the Browns' 51-45 win in Week 2.

"So if you see him doing push-ups on the field, you'll know why," Smith said.[/quote]

OMG no wonder the Browns won the first one!

The threat of having to watch Shaun Smith attempt 50 push-ups had to have been some serious motivation.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='612265' date='Dec 21 2007, 01:09 PM']In all fairness to BengalsOwn, most of the "2007 Cincinnati Bengals" has been...well... shitty. Calling a 7 of diamonds the king of clubs does not make it so, oldschooler. No matter how many times you say it.[/quote]

Yeah, I have never called them shitty, disappointing, underachieving
or anything like that. :rolleyes:

Wow, I can't believe some of you are taking Smith's comments seriously ........ and I can't believe I agreed with Own so much in one thread. :huh:

This is just fun between a player and his old team. Smith is a funny guy, a guy a lot of people in the lockeroom liked. He talks a lot of trash, just like a few players on this team. I thought his comments were funny. It is getting me a little extra excited for the game this weekend.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='612307' date='Dec 21 2007, 04:32 PM']Wow, I can't believe some of you are taking Smith's comments seriously ........ and I can't believe I agreed with Own so much in one thread. :huh:

This is just fun between a player and his old team. Smith is a funny guy, a guy a lot of people in the lockeroom liked. He talks a lot of trash, just like a few players on this team. I thought his comments were funny. It is getting me a little extra excited for the game this weekend.[/quote]

It`s not so much that I took him serious.
How serious can you take a guy that plays for
the worst Defense in the NFL ? It would be like
Rudi (if he wasn`t out) telling an opponent he
is going to run it down their throats. Think about it.

Anyway, as far as Own goes, the "cry cry wha wha" shit
was uncalled for.

No one was "crying". Ben thinks Smith is a dick for
saying the shit he said.

And I think it`s hilarious that he feels like he can talk shit.
I don`t care that he use to play for us. He doesn`t now,
he plays for the Clowns, so he is the enemy. So fuck him. :)

[quote name='oldschooler' post='612317' date='Dec 21 2007, 06:05 PM']I get excited and nervous about every game.
Ecspecially against division rivals that we have
a chance to play spoiler against.

But yeah. It does add something to the game.
Now I want to see Willie and/or Stacy knock
Hamburglar on his fat ass every play. ;)[/quote]

This game I wanna see Palmer throw for 5 TD's. Two to Henry, One to Hoosh, One to Chad, One to Reggie.

I also wanna see, Dorsey run one in.

I would also like to see someone fumble, Shaun Smith recover, have Palmer lay him out, watch Smith fumble, have the Bengals recover and go in for a TD.

I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility. :D

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='612307' date='Dec 21 2007, 05:32 PM']Wow, I can't believe some of you are taking Smith's comments seriously ........ and I can't believe I agreed with Own so much in one thread. :huh:

This is just fun between a player and his old team. Smith is a funny guy, a guy a lot of people in the lockeroom liked. He talks a lot of trash, just like a few players on this team. I thought his comments were funny. It is getting me a little extra excited for the game this weekend.[/quote]

I thought the rest of his shit talk was fine.. It was the comment about Carson I thought was over the line.. Anything that would deserve a flag for roughing our QB isn't funny.. IMO.

[quote name='Lucid' post='612324' date='Dec 21 2007, 06:11 PM']I thought the rest of his shit talk was fine.. It was the comment about Carson I thought was over the line.. Anything that would deserve a flag for roughing our QB isn't funny.. IMO.[/quote]

Yeah, but do you really think Palmer is worried? It was obviously good fun between too old teammates. Did you hear the comments Palmer made about Smith? If the two were not cool like that, Palmer would have never made those initial comments. It is all in good fun. Sometimes I think that fans forget these are people that worked together for a few years.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='612327' date='Dec 21 2007, 06:14 PM']Yeah, but do you really think Palmer is worried? It was obviously good fun between too old teammates. Did you hear the comments Palmer made about Smith? If the two were not cool like that, Palmer would have never made those initial comments. It is all in good fun. Sometimes I think that fans forget these are people that worked together for a few years.[/quote]

Ok, I'll cede to your point.

It just got my hackles up I guess.

<_<

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='612327' date='Dec 21 2007, 05:14 PM']Yeah, but do you really think Palmer is worried? It was obviously good fun between too old teammates. Did you hear the comments Palmer made about Smith? If the two were not cool like that, Palmer would have never made those initial comments. It is all in good fun. Sometimes I think that fans forget these are people that worked together for a few years.[/quote]

Really, my first comment in this thread was all
I really had on the subject. But then Own came
in with his comment. And I just felt the need
to give him some hell. ^_^ It`s been awhile
since he and I have went at it . . . . :00000051:

:jerry:

If you like Chad Johnson and are in any way remotely offended by this, then I have a word you need to look up.
[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite"]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite[/url]

I laughed at this article, the man has a sense of humor. Get over it. Our team is 5-9, we have no room or right to be indignant at fun had at our behalf. You know DAMN WELL you'd be dishing it out if the situations were reversed.

[quote][size=5][b]Palmer's remarks irritate players [/b][/size]
Jeff Schudel, Morning Journal Writer
12/21/2007

BEREA -- When Carson Palmer on Wednesday said the Bengals have ''nothing to lose'' Sunday and that they want to knock the Browns ''off the pedestal they're on,'' he was smart enough to not insult the Browns in the process.

But it doesn't matter. One man's honesty is another man's bulletin board material. The Browns, especially those on defense, have taken Palmer's words to heart, and now they want to make Palmer pay.

For anyone who missed the first story, the Bengals quarterback was talking about how the Browns' 51-45 victory over Cincinnati in the second week of the season was the pivotal game for both teams. The Browns are 9-5. The Bengals are 5-9. The Browns will clinch a playoff spot if they win in Paul Brown Stadium.

''We have nothing to lose,'' Palmer said. ''We're going to be firing on all cylinders. They have everything to lose. They have to win this game.

''There's no pressure on us. We can come out and sling it all over the place and try to knock these guys off the pedestal they're on right now.''

If Palmer wants to fling it, outside linebacker Antwan Peek plans to bring it in the form of a heavy pass rush. Peek missed the game against the Bills last week because he had a sprained ankle. He is still sore but he plans to play Sunday in Cincinnati, his hometown. He said 40 friends and family members will be in Paul Brown Stadium to watch him play.

''As a pass rusher, that gives us the opportunity to get after the quarterback up a little bit,'' Peek said yesterday. ''If that's what they want to do, that's when we have to step up and cause them to make mistakes.

''More power to them. If they want to go deep, that gives us more time to get to the quarterback, so I encourage them.''

Palmer threw six touchdown passes in the September game, only to come out a dismayed loser.

Browns quarterback Derek Anderson threw five touchdown passes. No one would have imagined it with Palmer being the first player drafted in 2003 and Anderson being a sixth-round draft choice by the Ravens in 2005, later claimed by the Browns on waivers, but through 14 games Anderson has been the better quarterback. Anderson has thrown 26 touchdown passes and 14 interceptions. Palmer has thrown 22 touchdown passes and 17 picks.

As he was lamenting the Bengals' lost season and guard Eric Steinbach defecting from the Bengals to the Browns, Palmer was asked about Shaun Smith, another former Bengal now playing for the Browns.

Smith signed with the Browns as a 6-2, 325-pound nose tackle backing up Ted Washington.

As the season has unfolded he has spent more time playing defensive end in place of Orpheus Roye.

''He's looking hefty. He's definitely looking hefty,'' Palmer said. ''I know he hasn't turned down too many meals.

''He's playing great. He's firing off the ball. He didn't get too many chances to play here, but it's the same things he was doing here -- moving people around, hustling to the ball, making tackles and getting everyone fired up around him.''

Smith has two sacks this season.

He would like to increase his total at the expense of Palmer, a friend of the likeable Smith. Last year in Cincinnati, Palmer nicknamed Smith ÔHamburglar.'

''It shocked me at first because Carson isn't the guy that talks a lot,'' Smith said. ''Carson needs to worry about winning more games and worry about (Chad Johnson) always yelling at him that he wants the ball.

''I really want to sack him, because if I sack him, I'm not going to get up. I might take the 15-yarder on that one. I'll lay on him a little bit for calling me the Hamburglar. But it's cool. On the field it's a war, but after the game it's still cool.''

JSchudel@news-herald.com[/quote]

[url="http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?dept_id=46370&PAG=461&newsid=19135305"]http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?dept_id...newsid=19135305[/url]

[quote][size=5][b]A high volume winner [/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Browns' Smith screams for revenge [/b][/size]
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Mary Kay Cabot
Plain Dealer Reporter

Browns defensive lineman Shaun Smith vowed to use his big body - and his big mouth - Sunday in Cincinnati to make the Bengals regret letting him go in the off-season.

"It feels good to go back because I still have hard feelings from them not signing me back," he said. "But I'm in a better situation now and look at them, so I can't be too upset about it."

The Bengals (5-9) declined to match the Browns' four-year, $8.6 million offer to Smith, who was a restricted free agent.

"I'll have a lot of zest for this game," he said. "This is like the a Super Bowl for me. Even though we've got a lot at stake and they've got nothing, it's really important for me to beat them again."

Smith, originally signed by Dallas as an undrafted free agent out of South Carolina in 2003, said he has nothing against the Bengals fans or players, just the decision-makers.

"They didn't think other teams would offer me a deal," he said. "I feel like they should've kept me, but I'm happy where I'm at."

Smith, who's started eight games for the Browns at end and nose tackle, felt the Bengals never gave him a fair shot. Claimed off waivers in 2004, Smith started five games in 2005 then saw his playing time decrease in 2006 to the point where he was inactive the final three games.

"They didn't feel like I could make a lot of plays," he said. "But for a player to get better, you've got give him experience."

Smith, who switched to the 3-4 defense here, has gotten plenty of playing time with the Browns. Signed as the heir apparent to nose tackle Ted Washington, Smith was pressed into service at left end when Orpheus Roye suffered a knee injury and has started six games there. He also started two at nose in place of the injured Ethan Kelley (knee).

He's 10th on the team with 50 tackles and has two sacks, two pressures, two passes broken up and a forced fumble.

He's also coming off a career-high eight tackles against the Bills.

"Shaun is a young player and he's improved both as an end and a nose, so he gives you some versatility," said defensive coordinator Todd Grantham. "He has athletic ability and ability to get off blocks and give you some range. He's an ascending player that can help us down the road."

Even Smith's old friend Carson Palmer, the Bengals quarterback, complimented him despite their ongoing war of words.

"He's playing great," said Palmer. "He's firing off the ball. He didn't get too many chances to play here, but it's the same things he was doing here - moving people around, hustling to the ball, making tackles and getting everyone fired up around him."

But not even kudos from Palmer will be enough to mute Smith this weekend. A notorious trash-talker, Smith plans to kill the Bengals softly with his tongue.

"I'm going to bother Carson and be a pest the whole game," said Smith. "I'm going to bother [coach] Marvin [Lewis] and everybody. It's what I love to do."

Smith was revved up by comments from Palmer this week that the Bengals are going to be gunning for the Browns and trying to knock them off their pedestal.

"I really want to sack him," said Smith, who was playfully described as hefty by Palmer during the week. "If I do, I might lay on him and take the 15 yards for calling me the Hamburglar. After I hit him a couple of times, he'll be quiet."

Smith has been known to read up on his opponents in the media guide, searching for trash-talking nuggets. But he won't have to do homework this weekend.

"I could write a book on that team," he said. "Maybe I'll have a little dance for Marvin, the one he does when he's upset. Maybe I'll bring a pacifier for Chad [Johnson] because he's always complaining about not getting the ball. And hopefully I'll get a chance to pull T.J. [Houshmandzadeh's] ponytail."

Smith is still so close to Houshmandzadeh that Smith's wife and three children will be sitting in Houshmandzadeh's suite at Paul Brown Stadium.

"T.J. still owes me 50 push-ups for them losing the last game," said Smith. "If you see him out there in the middle of a timeout, you'll know why."

Smith's teammates appreciate his rambling, especially when it works. In Arizona, for instance, he got inside the guards' heads and forced them to false start a handful of times.

"He kind of does the talking for everybody else," said Antwan Peek. "I'm very amused by it. This sport is about being rough and sometimes you have to talk a little dirty."

But in this matchup, Smith has already gotten the last laugh. He's gone from backup to starter and from a losing team to a winning one.

"It's all working out for me right now," he said. "We have a chance to clinch the 'p' word against my former team and what more can you ask for? It's been a blessing."

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

mcabot@plaind.com, 216-999-4670[/quote]

[url="http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/119831584653430.xml&coll=2&thispage=1"]http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindeale...&thispage=1[/url]

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='612572' date='Dec 22 2007, 01:49 PM']As long as Palmer doesn't use any Big Mac scented aftershave, Shaun should be a non-factor.

Oh wait, Eric Guichac.

Run, Palmer. Run like the wind.[/quote]

I'm starting to think Bluto should put on some weight. Not sure how he compares to other centers, but he just looks really lean to me for a lineman.

Archived