The Freeconomy Community

BlackJesus

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='621990' date='Jan 12 2008, 06:02 PM']probably hasn't held down a job any higher in the food chain than bagging groceries.[/quote]

[b]I got those jobs out of the way when I was 14-16. Since then I have had jobs continuously and I am 100 % that I not only have more education than you ... but I also probably have a better job already and will surely in the future when I reach your age. [/b]

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='621990' date='Jan 12 2008, 06:02 PM']although I'd suspect in this day and age teachers aren't allowed to give kids deadlines on their homework because it may stress them out too much.............and BJ is the type of person that would be on the front line fighting for that type of shit.[/quote]

[b]Funny you say that ... aren't you a teacher? I taught highschool awhile back for a year. So there you have it "Mr. Established Career" shit talker. I used the career you will probably die with as a side job while in college. Don't be sour because I can add on degrees and work at the same time. So suck a dick. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='622005' date='Jan 13 2008, 09:54 AM'][b]I got those jobs out of the way when I was 14-16. Since then I have had jobs continuously and I am 100 % that I not only have more education than you ... but I also probably have a better job already and will surely in the future when I reach your age. [/b]

[b]Funny you say that ... aren't you a teacher? I taught highschool awhile back for a year. So there you have it "Mr. Established Career" shit talker. I used the career you will probably die with as a side job while in college. Don't be sour because I can add on degrees and work at the same time. So suck a dick. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

You know, I initially spouted off a cocky response to this but there's no reason for me to lower myself to that. BJ, I'm happy for you that you're furthering your education and sorry you don't have a good relationship with your old man. I'd also like to say that you shouldn't be making wise ass comments about being a teacher unless you know what you're talking about. In Japan a teaching position is held in high regard. May be shit over there but over here it's not like that. With that said, you have a lot of high ideals that really don't mix well with the way the world works when you're supporting someone other than yourself. I think once you get married and have to take care of your wife you'll change your ways a bit. Then when you finally have children you'll change so much you won't even recognize the person you were.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='622045' date='Jan 12 2008, 11:02 PM']You know, I initially spouted off a cocky response to this but there's no reason for me to lower myself to that. BJ, I'm happy for you that you're furthering your education and sorry you don't have a good relationship with your old man. I'd also like to say that you shouldn't be making wise ass comments about being a teacher unless you know what you're talking about. In Japan a teaching position is held in high regard. May be shit over there but over here it's not like that. With that said, you have a lot of high ideals that really don't mix well with the way the world works when you're supporting someone other than yourself. I think once you get married and have to take care of your wife you'll change your ways a bit. Then when you finally have children you'll change so much you won't even recognize the person you were.
MULLY[/quote]

[b]"lower yourself" ... in case you forgot ... you were the one that made this personal. I posted about an internet group that is trying to form a community of charitable people ... and you spun it into some fantasy of me being a trust fund baby with no job. Why can't someone work, have a family, and hold my ideals ? Many do ... although you may not have met them.

Also isn't it also possible that maybe someday you might look back and realize I was right ... and not recognize the person you sound like on here ?

Also how is sharing your extra things or helping others with your spare time incompatible with having a family or taking care of someone else ? [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='622051' date='Jan 12 2008, 11:26 PM'][b]"lower yourself" ... in case you forgot ... you were the one that made this personal. [/b][/quote]

You started a thread.
CatScratchFever posted a response expressing an opposing opinion.
I believe part of your response to CatScratchFever was:

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='621752' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:09 PM'][b] Damn you are a tool. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

Let's be accurate about who started getting personal around here.

Your usual [i]modus operandi[/i] anytime someone disagrees with your opinion.
First, you start a thread.
Second, you insult anyone who disagrees with you.
Third, you act innocent when they insult you in return.
Rinse, lather, repeat.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='622071' date='Jan 13 2008, 12:19 AM']You started a thread.

Rinse, lather, repeat.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='622071' date='Jan 13 2008, 12:19 AM']CatScratchFever posted a response expressing an opposing opinion.
I believe part of your response to CatScratchFever was:[/quote]

[b]This is about me and Mully which is who I was referencing ... not Catscratch. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='622079' date='Jan 13 2008, 12:48 AM'][b]This is about me and Mully which is who I was referencing ... not Catscratch. [/b][/quote]

and cat was saying that as usual, u attacked first, put others down with different views.....par for the course

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='622079' date='Jan 13 2008, 12:48 AM'][b]This is about me and Mully which is who I was referencing ... not Catscratch. [/b][/quote]
Of course.

This is the innocent part I referred to earlier.

First, you made it personal with CatScratchFever.
Second, Mully made it personal with you.
Third, it's about Mully making it personal with you. It's not about you making it personal with CatScratchFever in the beginning.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='622051' date='Jan 12 2008, 11:26 PM'][b]Also how is sharing your extra things or helping others with your spare time incompatible with having a family or taking care of someone else ? [/b][/quote]
I'll tell you why. I have tried to help people out. I've done things around work where I didn't need to in order to help my fellow employees out. Then I turn around and notice they stab me in the back. People don't give a fuck about you, and you'll keep getting that knife in your back until you figure it out and stop thinking about others. I, personally, hate it. I really like people and I think everyone has an interesting story, but no one out there really cares what you think and how you feel, except for a few close people known as family and friends.

[quote name='steggyD' post='622087' date='Jan 13 2008, 03:38 PM']I'll tell you why. I have tried to help people out. I've done things around work where I didn't need to in order to help my fellow employees out. Then I turn around and notice they stab me in the back.[color="#FF0000"][b] People don't give a fuck about you, and you'll keep getting that knife in your back until you figure it out and stop thinking about others. I, personally, hate it. I really like people and I think everyone has an interesting story, but no one out there really cares what you think and how you feel, except for a few close people known as family and friends.[/b][/color][/quote]

Ain't that the fuckin' truth. I do my fair share of volunteer work. I go out and pick up trash around various communities, I pack school supplies for underprivileged children, I help serve lunches when my time permits. People suck ass. Sure, you get the occasional person that is really grateful but for the most part it's a fucking hand out. That's why I try to keep anything I do involved with children. They don't lie to you and the smile on their face is genuine. The parents can kiss my ass.
MULLY
This year I'll be doing Santa at the children's hospital. They offered to pay me but I told them it wasn't necessary. I'm so selfish.

Where do I find Shangri-La on the map so I can sign up? It's going to be nothing but Surf and Turf for me every night in the moneyless society of a Post Peak Oil World.

I can perform physical exams, formulate diagnoses, and implement treatment plans; interpret x-rays, labs, and EKGs; suture lacerations, cast broken bones, perform minor surgical procedures, provide Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support.

In case someone shows up trying to take our free stuff I'm also an expert in small arms and demolitions. I can train, organize, conduct, and lead all types of combat and reconnaissance patrols using land, waterborne, air assault, or airborne infiltration routes. I've conducted the duties of both Jumpmaster and Pathfinder many, many times.

I was a member of the International Union of Operating Engineers and have experience operating heavy equipment. It's been 18 years since I've operated a crane, though.

I spent a summer as a research scuba diver.

So if you need someone to fix your broken hand while operating an underwater crane and setting the headspace and timing of a .50 cal machine gun...I'm your man.

What system was in place before money? Bartering of goods and services. Exchanging goods or knowledge you have for something else you need or desire. What happens if you have what I need, but I don't have anything in exchange which you might want? Or vice versa?

As any 12 year old kid you got one of these shirts for Xmas will tell you

[img]http://a60.g.akamai.net/f/60/7267/1d/sheplers.download.akamai.com/7267/i/colors/092/092522c89.jpg[/img]

[b]"Holy-fake-Mother-of-Pearl-snaps! Another western shirt, again? I'd rather have the god damn money, Grandma!"[/b]

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='622085' date='Jan 13 2008, 01:37 AM']Of course.

This is the innocent part I referred to earlier.

First, you made it personal with CatScratchFever.
Second, Mully made it personal with you.
Third, it's about Mully making it personal with you. It's not about you making it personal with CatScratchFever in the beginning.

I'm sorry but

[quote]damn you are a tool [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img][/quote]

is not the same, on a personal level as (let's forget that CatScratch was the first one to add a sarcastic, condescending post too :rolleyes: )

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='621933' date='Jan 12 2008, 02:04 PM']Yep, spoken like someone doing they're 26th year of college and sponging off of mom and dad's tit. Get back to me with these "Share this, brother" bullshit thoughts when you actually get a fucking job and have to support your own family.
MULLY[/quote]

+

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='621990' date='Jan 12 2008, 06:02 PM']A response isn't necessarily needed. It just bothers me how he comes off as so much above everyone. He knows how everything in this world works and we're just a bunch of uneducated fools. Reality of the situation is that he's been in college for like 17 years now and probably hasn't held down a job any higher in the food chain than bagging groceries. He has no family to support and really has no responsibilities other than having to have his homework in on time...........although I'd suspect in this day and age teachers aren't allowed to give kids deadlines on their homework because it may stress them out too much.............and BJ is the type of person that would be on the front line fighting for that type of shit. Nah, no response necessary. He can feel free to respond when he gets his ass out of school and gets himself a job and has to support himself, a wife and some kids. Until then any response would just be a bunch of hot air.
MULLY[/quote]

But maybe that's just me. I have to side with BJ here. It's fucking VOLUNTARY people. Why are you jumping his shit for posting about a VOLUNTARY community based on sharing?! Are you serious??? Sharing is what gets you pissed?? Seriously? Are you guysthat petty about BJ that you're just going to slam whatever he posts? Because to me that's clearly the intent of most people. He's not suggesting you should do it or you're a piece of shit if you don't.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='622071' date='Jan 13 2008, 12:19 AM']You started a thread.

This is why I rarely respond to anything BJ posts. And why I steer clear of the BJ dominated J&D forum. It quickly devolves into this crap and really isn't any fun once it does. I enjoy sarcasm. I enjoy BJ's sarcasm. I enjoy Mully's sarcasm. I think it takes a sharp mind to be witty and intelligent enough to really make it work. I was planning a great response in kind to BJ until this thread turned sour. Name calling is childish and the last resort of those desperate for attention, but then again, so is posting on an internet forum.

[quote]is not the same, on a personal level as (let's forget that CatScratch was the first one to add a sarcastic, condescending post too rolleyes.gif )[/quote]

I disagree about the condescending part. Except maybe the Birkenstocks thing, although I was just trying to inject a little humor into the post. Apologies if it was offensive to the sensitive hippie crowd. Perhaps I need to add a hotkey for the ninja to my keyboard. :ninja:

That is all.

[quote name='steggyD' post='622087' date='Jan 13 2008, 01:38 AM']I'll tell you why. I have tried to help people out. I've done things around work where I didn't need to in order to help my fellow employees out. Then I turn around and notice they stab me in the back. People don't give a fuck about you, and you'll keep getting that knife in your back until you figure it out and stop thinking about others. I, personally, hate it. I really like people and I think everyone has an interesting story, but no one out there really cares what you think and how you feel, except for a few close people known as family and friends.[/quote]

you just need to find a place where you are able to be friends with your coworkers, i have that situation and dont experience this at all.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='622104' date='Jan 13 2008, 05:53 AM']I'm sorry but

is not the same, on a personal level as (let's forget that CatScratch was the first one to add a sarcastic, condescending post too :rolleyes: )

But maybe that's just me. I have to side with BJ here.[/quote]

[b]Glad to know at least someone sees it how I saw it.

It really does feel like sometimes that anything I post will be attacked by the same cast of characters regardless of what it is. I posted about a fucking community that tries to encourage sharing ... and you would have thought from the sarcastic responses or snide remarks that I had attempted to say the earth was flat. Cat Scratch's response to me was an attempt to ridicule ... so thus I called him a tool ... [color="#0000FF"]after sleeping on it I probably shouldn't have done that and I'm sorry[/color] ... but I still don't think that equals the tirade that Mully went on casting all sorts of accusations against me that are untrue.

It amazes me how aggressive people get when you mention others voluntarily sharing with others ... who is hurt by this ? Why is this such a bad thing ? Sometimes I think that people on here are so hyper individualistic that even the thought of sharing is akin to swearing allegiance to Lenin himself.[/b]

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='622106' date='Jan 13 2008, 07:46 AM']This is why I rarely respond to anything BJ posts. And why I steer clear of the BJ dominated J&D forum. It quickly devolves into this crap and really isn't any fun once it does.[/quote]

[b]Under that same reasoning I could state that I am going to stop posting anything because it is usually met with condescension and snide accusations of being this stereotypical ivory tower Birkenstock wearing patchouli sniffing elitist limo liberal with imaginary rich parents and a trust fund that I’ve never heard about.

I think the reality is that sometimes I post things that make certain members reevaluate their personal views for a split second ... and in return I get a backlash that they use to cover up and convince themself what I am posting is all crap. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='622163' date='Jan 14 2008, 02:20 AM'][b]Glad to know at least someone sees it how I saw it.

It really does feel like sometimes that anything I post will be attacked by the same cast of characters regardless of what it is. I posted about a fucking community that tries to encourage sharing ... and you would have thought from the sarcastic responses or snide remarks that I had attempted to say the earth was flat. Cat Scratch's response to me was an attempt to ridicule ... so thus I called him a tool ... [color="#0000FF"]after sleeping on it I probably shouldn't have done that and I'm sorry[/color] ... but I still don't think that equals the tirade that Mully went on casting all sorts of accusations against me that are untrue.

It amazes me how aggressive people get when you mention others voluntarily sharing with others ... who is hurt by this ? Why is this such a bad thing ? Sometimes I think that people on here are so hyper individualistic that even the thought of sharing is akin to swearing allegiance to Lenin himself.[/b]

[b]Under that same reasoning I could state that I am going to stop posting anything because it is usually met with condescension and snide accusations of being this stereotypical ivory tower Birkenstock wearing patchouli sniffing elitist limo liberal with imaginary rich parents and a trust fund that I’ve never heard about.

I think the reality is that sometimes I post things that make certain members reevaluate their personal views for a split second ... and in return I get a backlash that they use to cover up and convince themself what I am posting is all crap. [/b][/quote]

OK, Chad.
MULLY
sorry, I couldn't resist that one

:ninja:

It is sometimes difficult to determine if someone is being sarcastic in an attempt to be humorous without the benefit of voice inflection, body language, or knowing that individual personally and their particular brand of humor.

Read a transcript of Lewis Black, one of my favorite sarcastic comedians. If you read the transcript without having seen Lewis Black it wouldn't be very funny. It would probably sound like one insult after another.

Comedy is timing and delivery which doesn't come across very well on the written page. It's why Lewis Black is funnier "live" than on paper.

Spoken out loud, "damn you are a tool" could be delivered so it is sarcastic without being insulting or mean spirited. How am I to tell when I read it? The loser emoticon implies it is used as an insult.

Maybe if we all tone down the game of one-up-manship in an attempt to lay down some massive pwnage we wouldn't have misunderstandings like this.

The problem is getting "Pwned" is funny as hell. At least in my opinion.

Anyway, this idea didn't work for the Hippies and Yippies of the 60s turned Yuppies of the 80s turned Yappies of today. They a least seemed genuine in their desire to institute this idea of communal living. Then what happened? Did the proverbial other shoe drop or something? I can't say I have the correct answer, but I have my suspicions. I can see how this could work for small groups in which the individuals know and care about each other and share a common endeavor. Once the group grows in numbers to where they become faceless, nameless strangers that is where I believe the idea starts to fall about because they no longer care about each other. It's easier to say, "Screw that guy" if you don't know him.

BJ, I'm glad you reconsidered after sleeping on it.

I don't think everything you post is crap. I think a lot of what you post is based upon youthful idealism. I think there are a lot of posts meant to draw a line in the sand and then you sit back and watch what happens. Have you ever stopped to reevaluate your personal views and think maybe some of the older posters have, "Been There, Done That, Got the T-Shirt" and soon to star in The Oxygen Channel's made for TV movie?

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='622104' date='Jan 13 2008, 07:23 AM']But maybe that's just me. I have to side with BJ here. It's fucking VOLUNTARY people. Why are you jumping his shit for posting about a VOLUNTARY community based on sharing?! Are you serious??? Sharing is what gets you pissed?? Seriously? [b]Are you guysthat petty about BJ that you're just going to slam whatever he posts[/b]? Because to me that's clearly the intent of most people. He's not suggesting you should do it or you're a piece of shit if you don't.[/quote]

Yes, most are.

And I participate in this sort of thing already, on a much smaller scale. You find the right people and "Freeconomy" could work. I feel sorry for some of you who couldn't imagine people wanting to help each other out and who are genuinely interested in each others' welfare. Maybe you need to change the company you keep?

Archived