*General REDS discussion*

bgwilly31

reds fail to execute when they need to.

Griffey sucks and gives half ass attempt of a diving play. When he didnt even need to dive.

Weathers shows even more how hes washed up.

Umpires rocked our world.

Edinson quite possibly reached his little peak and now is on the downside of the hill.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='676791' date='Jul 2 2008, 12:38 PM']reds fail to execute when they need to.

Griffey sucks and gives half ass attempt of a diving play. When he didnt even need to dive.

Weathers shows even more how hes washed up.

[b]Umpires rocked our world.[/b]

Edinson quite possibly reached his little peak and now is on the downside of the hill.[/quote]

Yeah, it's hard to win when it's 9 vs 13.

anyone got any ideas about a possible impending trade? of all people my grandma called me to say something she had heard (and is definitely wrong) so i go ahead and check out redszone and see impending trade talk and now a mention on reds live. any clue as to what this is all about? if anything?

nice outing by Fogg tonight. Not studly, but great for a #5 starter.

LOL at the Nationals walking Griffey to face a red hot Phillips.

Hairston got damn lucky, he was a dead duck and you could see it coming from a mile away. The reds really need to consider replacing Mark Berry. He consistently makes mistakes waving/not waving runners around 3rd. Waving a guy on a ball to left field, honestly?

don't know why you run Cordero out there in the 9th. Sure its a save situation, but 3 of his 4 blown saves have come on days where he's pitching his 3rd day in a row. So you send him out there on his 4th day in a row?

Also, another blunder by Mark Berry, that almost proved costly. Why the hell do you send Encarnacion home in the 8th to be a dead duck? He would have scored on Hairston's single one batter later.

In those kinda situations the baserunner makes the decision right away, I doubt Berry had time to send him...

Either way, 4 in a row 6 of 8! Only 4 games under, if we can get to .500 or around there by the allstar break we have an outside shot. If we could win the cubs series that would be nice too.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='677358' date='Jul 6 2008, 03:31 PM']In those kinda situations the baserunner makes the decision right away, I doubt Berry had time to send him...

Either way, 4 in a row 6 of 8! Only 4 games under, if we can get to .500 or around there by the allstar break we have an outside shot. If we could win the cubs series that would be nice too.[/quote]

we'll see. I don't know that they can catch the cubs, but I do think they'll get over .500 and can make a run at the wild card. IMO, they are one good right handed bat and one right handed reliever from contending. I think the starting rotation is good enough, and you have Bray, Burton, and Cordero nailing the back end of the rotation.

IMO, your untradeables are: Bruce, Hairston, Keppinger, Votto, Phillips, and I think I'd still throw Encarnacion in there at this point though he needs to find some consistency quick. As for pitchers, Harang, Volquez, Cueto, Thompson, Bray, Cordero, and Burton. I'd keep Arroyo, Lincoln and Affedlt too, but they aren't necessarily untradeable. I'm torn on Bailey. I don't want to trade him, but if its one of those Hamilton like deals where you have to give up a good prospect to get what you need, then thats what you have to do.

As for Dunn and Griffey, I think you have to move one of them, but not both. Dunn has more value, but I'd trade Griffey if I had a choice. Love the player, but you can't keep both of them in this lineup anymore. I don't mind them keeping Dunn longterm if they put the right players around him and use him the right way in the lineup.

its an absolute joke that Brandon Webb was named NL starter over Volquez or Lincecum.

Picks left Player TEAM W L [b]ERA[/b] G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R [b]ER[/b] HR HBP BB [b]SO[/b]
1. T Lincecum ------SF 10 1 2.49 18 17 0 0 0 0 115.2 100 36 32 5 1 44 [b]122[/b]
2. E Volquez -------CIN 11 3 [b]2.36 [/b] 19 18 0 0 0 0 110.2 84 36 [b]29[/b] 4 8 54 116
3. B Webb ----------ARI [b]12[/b] 4 3.43 18 18 2 1 0 0 118.0 106 54 45 8 7 31 100

outside of having one more win (which has much to do with the teams offense), Webb doesn't have an edge in any signifcant category.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='677307' date='Jul 5 2008, 09:31 PM']nice outing by Fogg tonight. Not studly, but [b]great[/b] for a #5 starter.

[b]LOL at the Nationals walking Griffey to face a red hot Phillips. [/b]

[b]Hairston got damn lucky[/b], he was a dead duck and you could see it coming from a mile away. The reds really need to consider replacing Mark Berry. He consistently makes mistakes waving/not waving runners around 3rd. Waving a guy on a ball to left field, honestly?[/quote]

Great performance out of fogg. Cmon. He was all over the place. He never showed any consistencies with his pitches. And when he did finally put on over the plate the nationals smacked the shit out of it. He started the majority of the hitters off 2-0. Thats far from a great performnce. Any other team besides the nationals and he would have given up 6 runs in two innings.

The nationals basically had no other choice. They needed a dble play in the worse way.

Hairston was definitely out if the throw was good.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='677327' date='Jul 6 2008, 02:42 AM']looks like it was.[/quote]

Yeah it was good thinking thurman. :rolleyes:
Fogg is one of the best #5 starters in the league WTF am i thinking. :lol: Hell maybe you should start a new team in the MLB and recruit FOGG as your #1 starter after the reds drop him off a cliff a couple months from now.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='677357' date='Jul 6 2008, 03:21 PM']don't know why you run Cordero out there in the 9th. Sure its a save situation, but 3 of his 4 blown saves have come on days where he's pitching his 3rd day in a row. So you send him out there on his 4th day in a row?

Also, another blunder by Mark Berry, that almost proved costly. Why the hell do you send Encarnacion home in the 8th to be a dead duck? He would have scored on Hairston's single one batter later.[/quote]

Because thats what he's paid for.

That was completely EE's fault. Its common sense your either going on contact or reading the ball in the infield. Middle of the infield ground balls you read. Everywhere else pitcher, 3rd base, 1st base Your not going anywhere. Dumbass play on EE's part.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='677372' date='Jul 6 2008, 06:06 PM']its an absolute joke that Brandon Webb was named NL starter over Volquez or Lincecum.
[b]outside of having one more win [/b](which has much to do with the teams offense), Webb doesn't have an edge in any signifcant category.[/quote]

I completely agree with you here. Even though Edinsons last 3 starts have been far from dominant. The stats still dont lie. It's BS.

IMO im really surprised anyways.

The media could have had a field day with that story.

Edinson starting in the all star game and Hamilton starting on the AL team.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='677459' date='Jul 7 2008, 02:58 PM']Great performance out of fogg. Cmon. He was all over the place. He never showed any consistencies with his pitches. And when he did finally put on over the plate the nationals smacked the shit out of it. He started the majority of the hitters off 2-0. Thats far from a great performnce. Any other team besides the nationals and he would have given up 6 runs in two innings.[/quote]

you continue to prove you're a fucking loon. Give me 6 innings of 1 run ball out of a #5 starter every time out. And yes, he was so all over the place that he walked a grand total of ONE batter. :lol:

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='677459' date='Jul 7 2008, 02:58 PM']That was completely EE's fault. Its common sense your either going on contact or reading the ball in the infield. Middle of the infield ground balls you read. Everywhere else pitcher, 3rd base, 1st base Your not going anywhere. Dumbass play on EE's part.[/quote]

the 3rd base coach tells EE what to do in certain situations that could arise when he is standing on 3rd. our 3rd base coach is terrible. there was nothing wrong with him trying to go home on that ball. if he was a little bit faster he makes it. it would have been different if it was a 1 run or tie game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='677460' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:08 PM']you continue to prove you're a fucking loon. Give me 6 innings of 1 run ball out of a #5 starter every time out. And yes, he was so all over the place that he walked a grand total of ONE batter. :lol:[/quote]

does he really need to prove it anymore?

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='677459' date='Jul 7 2008, 02:58 PM']Because thats what he's paid for.[/quote]

running any pitcher out there 4 days in a row is just poor strategy, especially if he has shown an in-season history of performing poorly pitching 3+ days in a row. IMO, especially with the way he was pitching and having only thrown 89 pitches, I would have rather gotten one more inning out of Volquez than play add-on to a two run lead, particularly when none of my pinch hitters have been overly solid. Then you have Bray pitch the 8th and Burton the 9th, using Cordero ONLY in an emergency situation.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='677463' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:22 PM']running any pitcher out there 4 days in a row is just poor strategy, especially if he has shown an in-season history of performing poorly pitching 3+ days in a row. IMO, especially with the way he was pitching and having only thrown 89 pitches, I would have rather gotten one more inning out of Volquez than play add-on to a two run lead, particularly when none of my pinch hitters have been overly solid. Then you have Bray pitch the 8th and Burton the 9th, using Cordero ONLY in an emergency situation.[/quote]

I don't mind taking Edinson out here; I actually like it. No need to push him over 100 pitches every outing just to get that last bit of juice out of him, especially when he's gone as far as 119 earlier this year. He will be active during the AS Game as well.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='677471' date='Jul 7 2008, 04:00 PM']I don't mind taking Edinson out here; I actually like it. No need to push him over 100 pitches every outing just to get that last bit of juice out of him, especially when he's gone as far as 119 earlier this year. He will be active during the AS Game as well.[/quote]

I would have let him at least go to 100, especially if it meant not running my closer out there for a 4th day in a row. Especially since he was pitching so well at the time.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='677460' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:08 PM']you continue to prove you're a fucking loon. Give me 6 innings of 1 run ball out of a #5 starter every time out. And yes, he was so all over the place that he walked a grand total of ONE batter. :lol:[/quote]

Must i say it again. VS the NATIONALS. But your right starting every batter with a 2-0 count is a trait of a GREAT pitching performance. Dayum your spot on.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='677462' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:20 PM']the 3rd base coach tells EE what to do in certain situations that could arise when he is standing on 3rd. our 3rd base coach is terrible. there was nothing wrong with him trying to go home on that ball. if he was a little bit faster he makes it. it would have been different if it was a 1 run or tie game.[/quote]

You've never played baseball in your life, and if you did you were to worst of everything because you would never make the right decisions.

So what your saying is on a ground ball to 3rd baseman. Its CORRECT for the runner on third to hesitate watch the ball and then make a run for home plate. HAHHAHAHAHHA your such a fucking idiot.

Thats the complete wrong thing to do.

The third base coach would only inform EE of two things.

One or the other.

He would say....

"Go on contact" Which i'll explain what that means for you thurman because you obviously dont understand the game.
Because there is less than two outs saying go on contact would mean go on contact except for line drives that could be caught and would mean a double play. But anything else like ground balls you start running immediately.

Or

"Read the ground ball"

Which would mean what i said earlier. Your only going on ground balls up the middle that get pass the pitcher. 100% of the time you never go on ground balls to the third basemen or pitcher.

EE was thrown out by a fucking mile you two ton piece of trash. What the fuck are you talking he would have made it if he was faster. :lol:

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='677595' date='Jul 8 2008, 10:54 AM']Must i say it again. VS the NATIONALS. But your right starting every batter with a 2-0 count is a trait of a GREAT pitching performance. Dayum your spot on.

You've never played baseball in your life, and if you did you were to worst of everything because you would never make the right decisions.

So what your saying is on a ground ball to 3rd baseman. Its CORRECT for the runner on third to hesitate watch the ball and then make a run for home plate. HAHHAHAHAHHA your such a fucking idiot.

Thats the complete wrong thing to do.

The third base coach would only inform EE of two things.

One or the other.

He would say....

"Go on contact" Which i'll explain what that means for you thurman because you obviously dont understand the game.
Because there is less than two outs saying go on contact would mean go on contact except for line drives that could be caught and would mean a double play. But anything else like ground balls you start running immediately.

Or

"Read the ground ball"

Which would mean what i said earlier. Your only going on ground balls up the middle that get pass the pitcher. 100% of the time you never go on ground balls to the third basemen or pitcher.

EE was thrown out by a fucking mile you two ton piece of trash. What the fuck are you talking he would have made it if he was faster. :lol:[/quote]

drop it with the personal attacks

Archived