*General REDS discussion*

bgwilly31

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='677665' date='Jul 8 2008, 03:27 PM']drop it with the personal attacks[/quote]
I second this. Willy, I am tired of having to constantly hear about your abusive behavior towards other posters. Haven't you learned how to disagree with someone without resorting to insults? Is this how you conduct yourself in real life, with friends, family, co-workers?

This is the last time I'm going to say this to you: drop the personal insults or leave (willingly or otherwise).
I realize that you like the Reds (even if your "being a fan" is more akin to the Mike Brown bashers around here, constantly looking for negativity), but you keep letting your passion for the team get ahead of your common sense.

You do make valid points, but so do others and you have to respect their opinions even if you don't agree with them. Stop being a cancer in the Reds forum.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='677699' date='Jul 8 2008, 06:09 PM']I second this. Willy, I am tired of having to constantly hear about your abusive behavior towards other posters. Haven't you learned how to disagree with someone without resorting to insults? Is this how you conduct yourself in real life, with friends, family, co-workers?

This is the last time I'm going to say this to you: drop the personal insults or leave (willingly or otherwise).
I realize that you like the Reds (even if your "being a fan" is more akin to the Mike Brown bashers around here, constantly looking for negativity), but you keep letting your passion for the team get ahead of your common sense.

You do make valid points, but so do others and you have to respect their opinions even if you don't agree with them. Stop being a cancer in the Reds forum.[/quote]

Im fine with getting warned by you guys. But cmon lets keep it fair. My personal attacks are few and far between. And everytime focused on thurman and Bengals1181. Why you ask. Because the reasons below. My personal attack came after this personal attack at me. Its right there in black and white & orange who started the personal attacks. So lets try and keep it fair.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='677460' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:08 PM']you continue to prove you're a fucking loon.[/quote]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='677462' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:20 PM']does he really need to prove it anymore?[/quote]

[quote name='Jason' post='677728' date='Jul 8 2008, 08:48 PM']FIFY[/quote]

beat me to it. I would venture to say if harang was 3/4 of his normal self this year we would be a .500 team.

cueto vs zambrono.

Lets steal a game tonight! :D

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='677853' date='Jul 9 2008, 10:31 AM']Im fine with getting warned by you guys. But cmon lets keep it fair. My personal attacks are few and far between. And everytime focused on thurman and Bengals1181. Why you ask. Because the reasons below. My personal attack came after this personal attack at me. Its right there in black and white & orange who started the personal attacks. So lets try and keep it fair.[/quote]

I won't deny culpability, but let's not sit here and pretend that what I said, or what Thurman said (which hardly qualifies as an insult) warranted ANYTHING you said in your post.

Someone needs to be brought in to help Harang work on his slider so he can try and get it back to how he was throwing it the last few years.
Right now its hanging up more than usual and people are hammering it.
His fastball wasn't bad last night, but not being able to throw good sliders consistently allowed batters to try and foul off his fastballs until he made a mistake.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='677855' date='Jul 9 2008, 11:37 AM']beat me to it. I would venture to say if harang was 3/4 of his normal self this year we would be a .500 team.

cueto vs zambrono.

Lets steal a game tonight! :D[/quote]

Sad but true.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='677901' date='Jul 9 2008, 12:48 PM']Q: We've established that the rudeness is unacceptable, [b]but is it ok if I use the phrase 'you two ton piece of trash!' elsewhere in these boards?[/b]
I don't think I can resist.[/quote]

If you're referring to Adam Dunn, then by all means, bash away. I'll even help you. Man I can't stand that guy being on my team. He's such a liability in the outfield that it makes me puke.
Him making that catch would have certainly altered the complexion of the game, and gotten us out of that inning.

It's a shame Cueto didn't get a win, he pitched well enough.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='678019' date='Jul 10 2008, 08:37 AM']If you're referring to Adam Dunn, then by all means, bash away. I'll even help you. Man I can't stand that guy being on my team. He's such a liability in the outfield that it makes me puke.
Him making that catch would have certainly altered the complexion of the game, and gotten us out of that inning.

It's a shame Cueto didn't get a win, he pitched well enough.[/quote]

Ive got to dissagree.

It was a shot to the wall. With how the wall comes out there it would have been a good catch by dunn if he would have made the play.

Its not like it was a routine fly, like your trying to make it out to be.

Now does an above avg. defender make that play. 80% of the time. Yes.

but does an avg defender like dunn make that play. I give him a 50/50 shot.

If he would have caught it im sure some of you would have been posting about how great of a catch it was.

Please keep in mind theres a BRICK WALL back there. Not a cushioned wall. That tends to be a little inimidating when your back there playing under the lights.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='678028' date='Jul 10 2008, 10:34 AM']Ive got to dissagree.

It was a shot to the wall. With how the wall comes out there it would have been a good catch by dunn if he would have made the play.

Its not like it was a routine fly, like your trying to make it out to be.

Now does an above avg. defender make that play. 80% of the time. Yes.

but does an avg defender like dunn make that play. I give him a 50/50 shot.

If he would have caught it im sure some of you would have been posting about how great of a catch it was.

Please keep in mind theres a BRICK WALL back there. Not a cushioned wall. That tends to be a little inimidating when your back there playing under the lights.[/quote]
Oh, I know there is, and the wall juts out in that corner, so Dunn probably thought that the wall was closer to him than it actually was. I suppose I should just cut him some slack on that one, but that was a HUGE play. I still think he could have gotten it had he not been more worried about the wall than the ball.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='678045' date='Jul 10 2008, 12:08 PM']Oh, I know there is, and the wall juts out in that corner, so Dunn probably thought that the wall was closer to him than it actually was. I suppose I should just cut him some slack on that one, but that was a HUGE play. I still think he could have gotten it had he not been more worried about the wall than the ball.[/quote]

It was definitely a big play.

Big hit too.

Hey though!

The reds Hit a lot fo homeruns today and scored a lot of runs.

The reds are unbelievable.

The only way they score runs is by homeruns. But hey we didnt get swept!

HOMER to throw the last game before the break!

very good outing by Fogg last night, though I would have liked to have seen him get through the 6th. My one cause for concern, and granted I don't know how humid it was, was that you could see he was gassed in the 5th inning after only 60 something pitches, which is why you saw the 6th inning get away from him.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='678304' date='Jul 11 2008, 04:06 PM']no problem. :D[/quote]

Your avatar is by far the gayest on this forum. I hope your proud.
Seriously is it supposed to be funny(cuz its not) or if thats a mug shot of you, i apologize.

[quote name='Jason' post='678358' date='Jul 11 2008, 09:42 PM']Weathers????

In a 1 run game???[/quote]

Yeah he i think everybody is room quivered a little when we saw weathers come out of the pen.

But he got it done! ! !

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='678420' date='Jul 12 2008, 08:42 AM']very good outing by Fogg last night, though I would have liked to have seen him get through the 6th. My one cause for concern, and granted I don't know how humid it was, was that you could see he was gassed in the 5th inning after only 60 something pitches, which is why you saw the 6th inning get away from him.[/quote]

For fogg that was a great outting. For anybody that was a pretty darn good outting against a stacked lineup like the brewers have.

I think everybody knew FOGG was done after 5 except for dusty. with guys like lincoln and bray in the pen. why use him through 6.
why not...

Bray 6th
lincoln 7th
weathers 8th.
cordero 9th.

i think i just hate 5th starters. But that was a good game last night!

And boyyyy did we get some breaks. ^_^

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='678437' date='Jul 12 2008, 09:51 AM']Your avatar is by far the gayest on this forum. I hope your proud.
Seriously is it supposed to be funny(cuz its not) or if thats a mug shot of you, i apologize.

Yeah he i think everybody is room quivered a little when we saw weathers come out of the pen.

But he got it done! ! !

For fogg that was a great outting. For anybody that was a pretty darn good outting against a stacked lineup like the brewers have.

I think everybody knew FOGG was done after 5 except for dusty. with guys like lincoln and bray in the pen. why use him through 6.
why not...

Bray 6th
lincoln 7th
weathers 8th.
cordero 9th.

i think i just hate 5th starters. But that was a good game last night!

And boyyyy did we get some breaks. ^_^[/quote]

I don't mind sending him out to atleast start the 6th to see how he does. Afterall, his pitch count was only in the 60's. However, I would have tried my damndest to buy him some time in the top of the 6th though, even if it meant asking my hitters to go deep into counts just to kill time.

Archived