*General REDS discussion*

bgwilly31

[quote name='The Scales' post='675445' date='Jun 25 2008, 09:59 PM']On harrang (sp?)

yes?

I'm just a shade under 6'2.

Harrang is a GIANT I seen that boy at DICKS.

I don't think he sweats too much out there on the mound. You'd think that all that jelly and leg mass could pop a fastball, granted it moves nice, but pop a fastball in the mitt faster than 89 mph.

Maybe he just don't sweat none, now I heard of that of course there being this things called genes that they are discovering, and saying they have something to do with all that I dunno i leave all that fancy thinking stuff up to the people who are good at it. All I can do is go by what I know . . . and I sweat like a Pig on parade, and I don't carry nearly the weight that hossen feffer does.

Now I dunno, the Tracer, the cowboy, and that dude from Ebn oh Eddie Fingers I guess . . . they was putting it on the pitching coach . . . calling his ass out, making all kinds of insinuations that this here fella done ruined em all, thats what happend to bailey, this ol bat got ahold of him, and made him into a heathen image of himself, thus stealing his mojo . . .

why isn't SOTO the pitcing coach?

Darth Volquesz and Johhny K are the Bright shiney stars of our rotation at the moment and SOTO works with them . . . no Time to Be Greedy Mario Why don't he share the love with the rest of the rotation?

Not the Right color?

OH NO HE DIDN'T!

I kid i kid ha, ha, joke ok?

Is it a language thing?

Something shore is up with our pitchers, and they are the business . . . if i was the owner of the team I'd steal away the best damn pitching coach I could . . . and I'd do it with money. Best way. Maybe he already works for the organization, cost effective that way.

Fuggin A[/quote]

Scales, you have identified the big question - why the hell are precious mph's being sapped from Harang and Bailey's fastballs? I'd point to dick pole, too, except he was here last year, when Harang was a dandy.

Yah, I don't know what's up with Harang. At the beginning of the year when his ERA was at or below 3.00 and he still had a bad record, I used to believe that he wasn't getting any run support. Now, he just...isn't as good.

I wonder if his weight is becoming an issue as he ages? He's not exactly svelte. And he has pitched a few years now.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='675499' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:29 AM']Yah, I don't know what's up with Harang. At the beginning of the year when his ERA was at or below 3.00 and he still had a bad record, I used to believe that he wasn't getting any run support. Now, he just...isn't as good.

I wonder if his weight is becoming an issue as he ages? He's not exactly svelte. And he has pitched a few years now.[/quote]

He doesn't appear to be any bigger than he has been in previous seasons. I just hope we haven't burned out another pitcher. But it's not even like he throws with that much effort. Could you imagine if he had a Dibble delivery?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='675499' date='Jun 26 2008, 07:29 AM']Yah, I don't know what's up with Harang. At the beginning of the year when his ERA was at or below 3.00 and he still had a bad record, I used to believe that he wasn't getting any run support. Now, he just...isn't as good.

I wonder if his weight is becoming an issue as he ages? He's not exactly svelte. And he has pitched a few years now.[/quote]

IMO, at the start of the season at least, he looked as thin as I've seen him as a Red.

and why Duddy Baker are you putting Cp in Center when you gots the man . . . NORRIS HOPPER riding the pine? (who btw scored the winning run last night . . . )

3 million bucks paid, and lemme guess duddy you lobied to get chor boy here?

Is that why?

Probablly wouldn't make the owner to happy about having some dude that You lobbied to sign for 3 million bucks ride the pine while the better cheaper player gets hits and scores runs and plays good defense thus helping the team win.

Gotta save face . . . right . . . tied your hands up yep . . .

Good ol boy network in full effect roger that good buddy.

I'd thought you'd learn by now.

If I was the owner first of all I wouldn't have hired you . . . second if I had a momentary brain fart and someone convinced me to hire you, when I came to my senses I'd fire the charlatan who convinced me to hire you.

Then I wouldn't have allowed you to waste 3 million yep thats MILLION dollars of MY MONEY on some bum, when we already got plenty of depth, and proven players.

So keep it up wristband tooth pick I got my eye on you . . .

OH . . . sigh . . .

Where have you gone SWEET LOU?

Hairstons back tonight, with him and Kepp we get back two guys hitting above .320. Hopefully this helps rejuvenate the offense.

This lineup could be sick...

1. Hairston
2. Kepp
3. Jr
4. Phillips
5. Dunn
6. Bruce
7. Votto
8. Bako

You could also putt kepp down to like 6 or 7 and get a good bat in the bottom of the order...Either way if healthy this lineup should be able to put up runs...then we also have EE around if he can get his bat back again.

Hairstons back tonight, with him and Kepp we get back two guys hitting above .320. Hopefully this helps rejuvenate the offense.

This lineup could be sick...

1. Hairston
2. Kepp
3. Jr
4. Phillips
5. Dunn
6. Bruce
7. Votto
8. Bako

You could also putt kepp down to like 6 or 7 and get a good bat in the bottom of the order...Either way if healthy this lineup should be able to put up runs...then we also have EE around if he can get his bat back again.

PS Phillips swings at the first pitch way too often

Damn. Volquez had to pick tonight to have his worst outing of the year. He looks kinda lost out there or something. He isn't oozing confidence to me. 5-0 in the third. Shit, I really wanted to take this series from the Jays.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='675664' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:10 PM']Damn. Volquez had to pick tonight to have his worst outing of the year. He looks kinda lost out there or something. He isn't oozing confidence to me. 5-0 in the third. Shit, I really wanted to take this series from the Jays.[/quote]

This game could be a little closer if the Reds didn't butcher a chance to turn a double play.

[quote name='CTA513' post='675665' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:17 PM']This game could be a little closer if the Reds didn't butcher a chance to turn a double play.[/quote]

First of all it was volquezs fault that they didnt turn two.

Second of all 5 runs is a bad start but if he keeps it at 5 it isnt the end of the world usually, we need to find a way to score runs.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='675666' date='Jun 26 2008, 07:19 PM']First of all it was volquezs fault that they didnt turn two.

Second of all 5 runs is a bad start but if he keeps it at 5 it isnt the end of the world usually, we need to find a way to score runs.[/quote]
Yeah, our offense should wake up a little with Kep and Hairston back in the lineup, but damn...we are as bad as the Jays in scoring runs.

I was hoping for another "feel good about the future" performance from Volquez, but even the mighty Edinson is going to get whacked on occaison. He sure did look unsure out there tonight. Hopefully he bounces back with no permanent mental harm.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='675672' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:09 PM']Yeah, our offense should wake up a little with Kep and Hairston back in the lineup, but damn...we are as bad as the Jays in scoring runs.

I was hoping for another "feel good about the future" performance from Volquez, but even the mighty Edinson is going to get whacked on occaison. He sure did look unsure out there tonight. Hopefully he bounces back with no permanent mental harm.[/quote]

He needs to remember to never talk to Dick Pole...

I saw this on Lance McAlisters blog tonight:

[quote][b]Paging Dick Pole, paging Dick Pole[/b]
As Edinson Volquez struggled in the third inning.....
"Are they letting him figure out he's dropping his elbow on his own.....or does nobody else see the problem?.-[b]Jeff Brantley[/b]
"Well, if nobody can tell him what he's doing wrong............"-[b]Marty B[/b]
"How much longer do you allow him to drop his elbow.....and develop a bad habit?"-[b]Jeff B[/b].[/quote]

Volquez says it was because he was throwing too many strikes in the bullpen, and that whenever he did that in the minors, he was bad in the game.

Dick Pole is not a Dusty Baker guy, and Jeff Brantley may just be blowing smoke, but when he notices something obvious from the booth and Pole does nothing, it's very disturbing.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='675768' date='Jun 27 2008, 09:03 AM']Volquez says it was because he was throwing too many strikes in the bullpen, and that whenever he did that in the minors, he was bad in the game.

Dick Pole is not a Dusty Baker guy, and Jeff Brantley may just be blowing smoke, but when he notices something obvious from the booth and Pole does nothing, it's very disturbing.[/quote]

while Pole was here before Baker, the two do have a history of working together, specifically with Pole as Dusty's pitching coach.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='675768' date='Jun 27 2008, 09:03 AM']Volquez says it was because he was throwing too many strikes in the bullpen, and that whenever he did that in the minors, he was bad in the game.

Dick Pole is not a Dusty Baker guy, and Jeff Brantley may just be blowing smoke, but when he notices something obvious from the booth and Pole does nothing, it's very disturbing.[/quote]

Why don't they tell Harang to quit serving up first pitch fastballs every at bat? I've heard Brantley mention this as something hitters know about Harang and use against him. Maybe his breaking stuff just isn't good enough. Or maybe he needs someone to help him mix things up in order to be less predictable.

Harang has the stuff to be dominant, IMO. He needs work with the mental part.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='676248' date='Jun 29 2008, 04:10 PM']Why don't they tell Harang to quit serving up first pitch fastballs every at bat? I've heard Brantley mention this as something hitters know about Harang and use against him. Maybe his breaking stuff just isn't good enough. Or maybe he needs someone to help him mix things up in order to be less predictable.

Harang has the stuff to be dominant, IMO. [b]He needs work with the mental part.[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

harang is just in a slide right now. it is 100% not mental. that has ALWAYS been his strength.

What the fuck was Dusty thinking in the bottom of the 8th? Two of your best base runners on, and a guy, your #5 hitter. without a sac bunt in 2+ years up, and he's bunting???

Double steal and let Votto hit.

Why can't we beat the fucking Pirates?

:steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

Archived