*General REDS discussion*

bgwilly31

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='678512' date='Jul 12 2008, 04:30 PM']LOL @ bowden and rijo bribing potential signees down in the dominican[/quote]

Bowden has to be the shadiest guy in baseball...

What a scumbag.

Reds are playing good baseball right now.. If our youth can get in a groove the sky is the ceiling..

I could be wrong but I strongly believe the central is really overachieving right now... I am definitely an optimist, and it's a long shot, but I don't think the Reds are quite out of it yet.. With the talent we have right now, anything is possible.

[quote name='Lucid' post='678576' date='Jul 12 2008, 10:45 PM']Reds are playing good baseball right now.. If our youth can get in a groove the sky is the ceiling..

I could be wrong but I strongly believe the central is really overachieving right now... I am definitely an optimist, and it's a long shot, but I don't think the Reds are quite out of it yet.. With the talent we have right now, anything is possible.[/quote]
I don't know man, I think the Cubs are legit and despite the fact that they are due to cool down, they are probably going to win the division.

What's left for the Reds are scant wildcard hopes. I hope they keep playing well enough to win and can make that happen.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='678581' date='Jul 13 2008, 01:08 AM']I don't know man, I think the Cubs are legit and despite the fact that they are due to cool down, they are probably going to win the division.

What's left for the Reds are scant wildcard hopes. I hope they keep playing well enough to win and can make that happen.[/quote]

Cubs.. Maybe..

But right now the 3 strongest teams in the NL are in the Central... I just don't see it. I think the reds still have a legit shot at the playoffs... It's probably not going to happen because we dug ourselves so deep early. But it all depends on the youth. Which of course is a sketchy proposition in the 1st place.

Hairston going down did not look good. And why the hell did Patterson start the game in Center? I dont care if Jay is a lefty and so is CC, I dont care if Bruce is slumping a little bit, start him or anybody else for that matter over Patterson!

[quote name='KY_Bengal' post='678699' date='Jul 13 2008, 02:12 PM']Hairston going down did not look good. And why the hell did Patterson start the game in Center? I dont care if Jay is a lefty and so is CC, I dont care if Bruce is slumping a little bit, start him or anybody else for that matter over Patterson![/quote]
Patterson is 2 for 5 vs CC in his career. He plays the best defense of anyone on our team. Lefties hit 201 vs CC and righties hit 277. I dont mind it at all and i hate CP.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='678708' date='Jul 13 2008, 02:35 PM']Patterson is 2 for 5 vs CC in his career. He plays the best defense of anyone on our team. Lefties hit 201 vs CC and righties hit 277. I dont mind it at all and i hate CP.[/quote]

Patterson is a lefty also. I didnt realize that at first. Your point of view makes it seem a little better if he was a righty, but now I still dont understand.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='678712' date='Jul 13 2008, 04:20 PM']don't get why you pull Bailey in the 6th. His pitch count wasn't bad, and one on w/ 2 outs isn't what I'd call a "jam".[/quote]

Ditto. And then leaving Bray in. I put this loss squarely on Baker.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='678581' date='Jul 13 2008, 03:08 PM']I don't know man, I think the Cubs are legit and despite the fact that they are due to cool down, they are probably going to win the division.

What's left for the Reds are scant wildcard hopes. I hope they keep playing well enough to win and can make that happen.[/quote]
4 games under .500

66 left to play

wake me in April. <_<

1990 was a long fucking time ago...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='678708' date='Jul 13 2008, 02:35 PM']Patterson is 2 for 5 vs CC in his career. He plays the best defense of anyone on our team. Lefties hit 201 vs CC and righties hit 277. I dont mind it at all and i hate CP.[/quote]

O-3 with 2 SO's

Oh yeah that was great move. Patterson rocks sabathia. :rolleyes:

Patterson is also a leftie.

hes batting sub .200 for the season. Lefties hit .201 against sabathia. I think im going to put my better lefties in the game. Yep thats what i do everytime. Which puts CP on the bench.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='678848' date='Jul 14 2008, 12:17 AM']4 games under .500

66 left to play

wake me in April. <_<

1990 was a long fucking time ago...[/quote]

So what are you thinking for the second half of the season.

38-28 gets us the wildcard spot.?

Anybody think we can do that. ?

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='678895' date='Jul 14 2008, 09:13 AM']So what are you thinking for the second half of the season.

38-28 gets us the wildcard spot.?

Anybody think we can do that. ?[/quote]

It's not out of the realm I suppose. They've been playing about 8 games over for about the last 1 1/2 months. I definitely think they'll end with a winning record.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='678712' date='Jul 13 2008, 03:20 PM']don't get why you pull Bailey in the 6th. His pitch count wasn't bad, and one on w/ 2 outs isn't what I'd call a "jam".[/quote]

because bailey hasnt earned the chance to work through these situations. get him out while his confidence can be good.

[quote name='KY_Bengal' post='678719' date='Jul 13 2008, 03:58 PM']Patterson is a lefty also. I didnt realize that at first. Your point of view makes it seem a little better if he was a righty, but now I still dont understand.[/quote]

it just had to do with CP actually hitting CC in the past.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='678893' date='Jul 14 2008, 09:11 AM']O-3 with 2 SO's

Oh yeah that was great move. Patterson rocks sabathia. :rolleyes:

Patterson is also a leftie.

hes batting sub .200 for the season. Lefties hit .201 against sabathia. I think im going to put my better lefties in the game. Yep thats what i do everytime. Which puts CP on the bench.[/quote]

I dont believe i called it a great movie. But CP was 2 for 5 going into that game vs CC. That was best on the team. CP playing in that game is not why we lost the game.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='678916' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:32 AM']because bailey hasnt earned the chance to work through these situations. get him out while his confidence can be good.[/quote]

that's just it, there was no "situation". It was one on with 2 out in a game where he had been pitching well and had the lead. There was absolutely no reason to take him out at that point. It's not like Fielder had been owning him all day.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='678916' date='Jul 14 2008, 12:32 PM']because bailey hasnt earned the chance to work through these situations. get him out while his confidence can be good.[/quote]

What "situation"?

He was clearly pissed they took him out and deservedly so.

I do think that start might be enough to keep him around for a little while. Although, with Aaron hurt, there isn't much choice.

I would like to know if we have anymore outfielders in the minors even remotely ready. Patterson has to go.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='678916' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:32 AM']because bailey hasnt earned the chance to work through these situations. get him out while his confidence can be good.

it just had to do with CP actually hitting CC in the past.

I dont believe i called it a great movie. But CP was 2 for 5 going into that game vs CC. That was best on the team. CP playing in that game is not why we lost the game.[/quote]

No sorry.."You didnt mind the move" So you thought it was perfectly acceptable. And it was a one run game. How can u say that isnt the reason we lost the game.

Its not the only reason your right. But the least reasons you give a team to beat you the better chance you have of beating them.

For all you know jay bruce might have had another 2 hr game. It was his first time facing CC.

Archived