*General REDS discussion*

bgwilly31

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='673192' date='Jun 14 2008, 06:21 PM']well junior blew that one...first and third one out down 4-3 and hits into a double play which could definitely cost them the game.[/quote]

3-0 count and he grounds into a double play.

:thumbsdown:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='673191' date='Jun 14 2008, 05:16 PM']fixt. :lol:[/quote]

Did you even see the play? Both mart and tom were saying that was a very catchable ball. Ee was going for the quick tag and missed the ball. I know the error went to bako.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='673195' date='Jun 14 2008, 05:39 PM']Too bad there was no one on second base so it doesnt help his RISP...guess BG will have to settle for a game tying clutch homer...[/quote]

Yes I'll be glad to settle for that. Read a few posts up his performance today is what he has been doing all season.

Go drink a beer and think about it. Oh wait your not old enough.

--------
Patterson 1st pitch swinging to lead off the tenth.lol

Get ready for another Griffey vent by myself.

Griffey 3-0 count fine to let him swing BUT it has to be THE pitch of griffeys dreams. I called it before he even hit dble play.

And whatever that's typical. But then on top of that he fucking jogs down to first place. Are you fucking kidding me. Your playing the sox on national tv and if you beat it out your team has the lead in the 8th.
Piece of shit I can't stand the guy.

Then edwin comes up clutch you think the reds dug out would be going crazy. And most of the young guys were. Griffey barely got out of his seat to high five edwin. He was last in to congratulate him and when he did his face was expressionless.

That old motherfucker could give a shit less. Fuck him. He's a plague.

Vent off... I'm going to get drunk.

[quote name='JC' post='673205' date='Jun 14 2008, 06:48 PM']I can't believe they charged Bako with that error. It looked like it bounced right out of EE's glove..[/quote]

Probably should've gone to Edwin, but I still charge this loss to Bako - his passed ball (wild pitch, my ass) also let in another run that shouldn't have been. Also, where the hell was Bruce on JD Drew's triple? Dunn went to the wall to try to catch it, it bounced off, and then rolled into left-center for about 10 seconds until Dunn ran it down. Bruce should've been heading over there when the ball was hit.

It really sucks when you face a good hitting team and mostly hold their bats in check, only to allow runs to squeak by as the culmination of several boneheaded plays each time.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='673212' date='Jun 14 2008, 08:29 PM']Probably should've gone to Edwin, but I still charge this loss to Bako - his passed ball (wild pitch, my ass) also let in another run that shouldn't have been. Also, where the hell was Bruce on JD Drew's triple? Dunn went to the wall to try to catch it, it bounced off, and then rolled into left-center for about 10 seconds until Dunn ran it down. Bruce should've been heading over there when the ball was hit.

It really sucks when you face a good hitting team and mostly hold their bats in check, only to allow runs to squeak by as the culmination of several boneheaded plays each time.[/quote]

Not to mention the boneheaded decision to leave mike lincoln in the game in extra innings when you have burton and cordero.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='673216' date='Jun 14 2008, 07:45 PM']Not to mention the boneheaded decision to leave mike lincoln in the game in extra innings when you have burton and cordero.[/quote]

With Bailey vs. Beckett tomorrow, there was no reason to save the bullpen today, so I completely agree. Burton should have been in the game to start the 10th.

Not the best of Dusty's moves.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='673248' date='Jun 15 2008, 03:02 AM']burton and cordero had just pitched back to back days and were in need of the day off.[/quote]

They can pitch 3 days in a row...if it was a save opportunity cordero would have been right in there...this game was big, its gonna be tough for them to win today and they could really have used the series win.

I like where the bullpen is heading with burton and cordero, but guys like weathers and lincoln and those guys still arent very good.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='673283' date='Jun 15 2008, 10:26 AM']They can pitch 3 days in a row...if it was a save opportunity cordero would have been right in there...this game was big, its gonna be tough for them to win today and they could really have used the series win.

I like where the bullpen is heading with burton and cordero, but guys like weathers and lincoln and those guys still arent very good.[/quote]
lincoln is a good 1 inning guy and so is weathers. you forgot bray who is the best pitcher in the pen IMO.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='673285' date='Jun 15 2008, 11:58 AM']lincoln is a good 1 inning guy and so is weathers. you forgot bray who is the best pitcher in the pen IMO.[/quote]

Bray is good I forgot about him...

When we have the lead or are within a run late in the game use bray, burton and cordero...

Lincoln and weathers should be used if its a bigger lead or deficit...We have 3 guys that can go out there without giving up a run almost every time, so why not use them in big close games? Bray should have been out there to start the inning not lincoln, he got his 1 scoreless inning in the chances of him doing it again werent good.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='673289' date='Jun 15 2008, 11:35 AM']Bray is good I forgot about him...

When we have the lead or are within a run late in the game use bray, burton and cordero...

Lincoln and weathers should be used if its a bigger lead or deficit...We have 3 guys that can go out there without giving up a run almost every time, so why not use them in big close games? Bray should have been out there to start the inning not lincoln, he got his 1 scoreless inning in the chances of him doing it again werent good.[/quote]

I don't have complete faith in Lincoln and Weathers. Weathers had been pitching better until his last couple of appearances. He still has a 1.73 WHIP for the season. The last two seasons he's been in the 1.20 - 1.30 range, so he's either due for a big correction or he's starting to lose it. Lincoln's WHIP is 1.16, but he's giving up too many home runs (7 on the season). Weathers has given up 5 long balls this year after only giving up 4 all of last year. Maybe last year was more of the aberration.

Bray has made nice strides. His WHIP is a bit high (1.43) but he's making up for it by striking out almost a batter per inning (20.1 IP, 19 k's). He's only given up one homer and righties are hitting at .179 against him. He's unscored upon at home this year.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='673248' date='Jun 15 2008, 02:02 AM']burton and cordero had just pitched back to back days and were in need of the day off.[/quote]

Even if that's true, I don't know why Lincoln is pitching in a tied game. That's not his role. At the very least, Bray should have been in the game.

Dusty was trying to sneak another inning out of Lincoln and it backfired on him.

[quote name='JC' post='673302' date='Jun 15 2008, 12:24 PM']I've seen Homers fastball hit 94 once and the rest of the times its been getting 91.

Wasn't he hitting 97-98 last year consistently?[/quote]

That is exactly what I was wondering. I made a topic about it because I hadn't seen it discussed anywhere else. So Mods, it can be deleted if necessary.

Can anybody explain why the hell Dunn dint even attempt to throw out the runner at home on his second chance of the day? He bobbled the first one and the runner scored and the second chance he didnt even make an attempt and another runner scored!

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='673248' date='Jun 15 2008, 02:02 AM']burton and cordero had just pitched back to back days and were in need of the day off.[/quote]

Cordero was warming up in the pen. It was dusty's decision to put him in. He was ready.

Tie game with momentum on our side he should have been in the game.

Archived