CHARGES DROPPED!

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='678998' date='Jul 14 2008, 04:39 PM']You have got to be fucking kidding me!! All ESPN has done the past 2 seasons is talk about Cincinnati like it's a team full of criminals and how Mike and Marvin choose people with character flaws yada yada.... and now those cocksuckers have the balls to print something like this? Fuck them!
MULLY
and fuck Henry too[/quote]

I totally agree, except this guy is probably a stool pigeon writer and not the big heads out front that hammer us. Now, if this were say, John Clayton, then we would be somewhere with this, but I still totally agree with you.

It is so easy to sit back and throw stones at someone but think of the times alot of you have broke the law without getting caught. I am quite sure there are a few of you with criminal records, that smoke pot, that are alchoholics.....the list goes on. And yes I do realize that he has had SEVERAL chances. OK, so he has the potential to make millions and I am quite sure not one of you would ever do anything wrong if you made that amount of money......yeah right! Most of us can at least afford the internet, cable, our own home, our own cars.....things like that. So then I guess when the "middle class" people get in trouble the lower class should totally condemn them. Hell the last perfect man was crucified. After talking with Henry at court today I really think he is deep down a really nice individual. I think that he probably hasn't had much of an upbringing, no discipline in the home as a youth and Im really not sure about his parental situation. And again I realize the Bengals have bent over backwards to help this kid out, I just personally think he is a kid worth saving. I dont know, get him a life coach that is like a bodyguard to keep him steered in the right direction and to help him eliminate the idiots (friends) he hangs with. The kid needs a "guiding light". Maybe I have softened up but the Chris Henry I helped out today isn't the Chris Henry in the media.

You ever heard of.... a leopard doesn't change it's spots? I hear what you are saying about Henry, but you can not overlook at what he has done in his past and how many times over. Of course people are willing to give him chances, how many times have the Bengals given him a chance to get straight and all the other people that tried to help him? He has a 10 cent brain. Was it his upbringing? Probably so, but he is an Adult now and there is no excuses for idiocy. I will wait to see what happens before I even remotely agree with what you posted.

[quote name='Smizno' post='679033' date='Jul 14 2008, 06:06 PM']It is so easy to sit back and throw stones at someone but think of the times alot of you have broke the law without getting caught. I am quite sure there are a few of you with criminal records, that smoke pot, that are alchoholics.....the list goes on. And yes I do realize that he has had SEVERAL chances. OK, so he has the potential to make millions and I am quite sure not one of you would ever do anything wrong if you made that amount of money......yeah right! Most of us can at least afford the internet, cable, our own home, our own cars.....things like that. So then I guess when the "middle class" people get in trouble the lower class should totally condemn them. Hell the last perfect man was crucified. After talking with Henry at court today I really think he is deep down a really nice individual. I think that he probably hasn't had much of an upbringing, no discipline in the home as a youth and Im really not sure about his parental situation. And again I realize the Bengals have bent over backwards to help this kid out, I just personally think he is a kid worth saving. I dont know, get him a life coach that is like a bodyguard to keep him steered in the right direction and to help him eliminate the idiots (friends) he hangs with. The kid needs a "guiding light". Maybe I have softened up but the Chris Henry I helped out today isn't the Chris Henry in the media.[/quote]

testify...

i screamed that for years here it seemed. no ones having it, i hope he gets his shit straight, ive done worse than just about everything he has done.. just lucky enough to not get caught or in trouble if i did...

He is going to be one of the best recievers in the NFL in a few years if he stays out of trouble and has someone that can get it his direction. He just runs past players and scores touchdowns. He would still be perfect in this offense and would make Chad expendable to keep TJ.

It's a shame were not going to go back down that route and take a chance on him, so i wish him the best of luck wherever he goes unless in the AFC North.

[quote name='JC' post='679052' date='Jul 14 2008, 06:33 PM']He is going to be one of the best recievers in the NFL in a few years if he stays out of trouble and has someone that can get it his direction. He just runs past players and scores touchdowns. He would still be perfect in this offense and would make Chad expendable to keep TJ.

[b]It's a shame were not going to go back down that route and take a chance on him[/b], so i wish him the best of luck wherever he goes unless in the AFC North.[/quote]

Dont be so sure about that. :ninja:

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='679026' date='Jul 14 2008, 03:50 PM']I totally agree, except this guy is probably a stool pigeon writer and not the big heads out front that hammer us. Now, if this were say, John Clayton, then we would be somewhere with this, but I still totally agree with you.[/quote]

Here is the bio for the guy that wrote that for ESPN . . .

Walker joined ESPN.com in 2008 after three seasons covering the Cleveland Browns for the Columbus Dispatch. He also covered the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Cavaliers at the Dispatch. Walker grew up in Hyattsville, Md., before attending Temple University, graduating in 2001 with a B.A. in communications and mass media. He resides in the Cleveland area.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='679051' date='Jul 14 2008, 07:26 PM']testify...

i screamed that for years here it seemed. no ones having it, i hope he gets his shit straight, ive done worse than just about everything he has done.. just lucky enough to not get caught or in trouble if i did...[/quote]

testify X2. I've done much worse than Henry (sans the the gun charges)..... in terms of what I did not get caught with or doing. Hope the kid the best and I do think the Bengals did the right thing in releasing him. Moreso than anything to give the guy a fresh start and the Bengals a new beginning. In my optimistic world hopefully it is a win-win for both the Bengals and Henry.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='679051' date='Jul 14 2008, 07:26 PM']testify...

i screamed that for years here it seemed. no ones having it, i hope he gets his shit straight, ive done worse than just about everything he has done.. just lucky enough to not get caught or in trouble if i did...[/quote]

as an adult you tried to get a minor drunk and then ask them for sex? i to have argued that the pot and the drinking is something that 90% of the board does or has done when they were younger. But i would never buy a group of underage girls a hotel room and liquor.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='679051' date='Jul 14 2008, 06:26 PM']testify...

I'd say most people don't think he's "a bad person," it's just about as clear as fuckin' day that Chris Henry + the Kentucky/Cincinnati area = Him getting arrested. Whether the police are targeting him, whether people start shit with him on purpose, whether he's just plain unlucky or what, it is what it is.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='679104' date='Jul 14 2008, 09:49 PM']as an adult you tried to get a minor drunk and then ask them for sex? i to have argued that the pot and the drinking is something that 90% of the board does or has done when they were younger. But i would never buy a group of underage girls a hotel room and liquor.[/quote]

Not to mention, one of these underage girls, Monica Beemon, was convicted of first-degree murder shortly after the Henry incident. She killed a John who stiffed her.

Henry's biggest problem is associating with scumbags and putting himself in ridiculous situations for a professional athlete with a career at stake.

I could give a shit that he's using pot and alcohol.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='679112' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:38 PM']Not to mention, one of these underage girls, Monica Beemon, was convicted of first-degree murder shortly after the Henry incident. She killed a John who stiffed her.

Henry's biggest problem is associating with scumbags and putting himself in ridiculous situations for a professional athlete with a career at stake.

I could give a shit that he's using pot and alcohol.[/quote]

look back through the threads i made more excuses for him than anyone, especialy with the monica beemon thing(btw she was of each) it was her 14,15 year old friends that were underage. as i said i could care less about the pot,drinking,and fighting.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='679104' date='Jul 14 2008, 10:49 PM']as an adult you tried to get a minor drunk and then ask them for sex? i to have argued that the pot and the drinking is something that 90% of the board does or has done when they were younger. But i would never buy a group of underage girls a hotel room and liquor.[/quote]

I may be wrong, but your scenario above did not happen and that is why Henry got off on this charge. From what I understand is Henry was not even there but the hotel room was in his name under his credit card hence the keg law charge and NOT providing alchohol to minors which is widely misreported by all. He was not charged with providing alcohol to minors, I don't know the official charge and personally don't care to look it up. From what I gather it would be the same infraction as my 16 year old daughter having a party at my house but I was gone but the fact it was my house and under age kids were drinking makes it my responsibility.

Like I said I maybe totallly off on this but from what I know I think not. Report back if you have differerent facts.

I don't really care.

I thought it was nice not to have to worry about the outcome of this lastest trial with Chris Henry because he was not with the bengals. I also think the guy is a good talent but has yet to take the steps to become a top WR, right now his production makes him very overrated by bengal fans.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='679104' date='Jul 14 2008, 09:49 PM']as an adult you tried to get a minor drunk and then ask them for sex? i to have argued that the pot and the drinking is something that 90% of the board does or has done when they were younger. But i would never buy a group of underage girls a hotel room and liquor.[/quote]

What he's 22 and they are sixteen/seventeen?

In the olden days 16 is getting hitched age.

In the even older days after the first period was considered good to go.

What did he cruise the playground in his escalade offering ROOFIE spiked kool aid to 5th graders?

What are these lolitas doing out and about on a school night anyway?

Age ain't got nothing to do with being an adult.

I've seen 50 year old women stuck being 16 . . . daisy dukes, pig tails, tube tops, flip flops sucking on a lolly pop.

whole damn world's insane.

[quote][size=5][b]Latest legal issue over, C. Henry free to try to crash NFL party[/b][/size]
July 15, 2008

Prosecutors have dropped an assault charge against former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry, which should clear the way for him to apply for reinstatement by the NFL.

Isn't it nice when good things happen to good people?

Henry, 25, was accused of punching an 18-year-old University of Cincinnati student in March and smashing a beer bottle through his car window. A jury couldn't reach a verdict on the assault charge, and a judge dismissed the misdemeanor charge of criminal damaging.

What about the fact that the guy was carrying an open container in public - and allegedly using it to shatter a car window?

Now prosecutors have dropped the assault charge after a judge ruled against them on several motions before the retrial was set to begin, so Henry is free to continue his professional career and reign of terror.

Henry's lawyer, Perry Ancona, said the receiver was "humble and very thankful," which is a nice change from armed and dangerous.

Henry has been arrested five times since joining the Bengals in 2005, which apparently is one over the limit, because they finally released him in April. Hopefully, his going-away party wasn't a kegger.

Imagine the damage he could do with one of those.

"Lose your keys? Not a problem. Just help me lift this thing!"

At least Henry is versatile when it comes to his transgressions. He has been arrested in connection with possession of marijuana and providing alcohol to minors in Kentucky, carrying a concealed weapon in Florida and drunken driving in Ohio. Next, he'll be busted for feeding the animals at the San Diego Zoo.

At press time, no team had signed Henry, which is a shame. He could use the money. His house in Florence, Ky., was auctioned in May when he failed to pay the mortgage, and his sport utility vehicle was repossessed last month.

If there's any justice, the repo man used a beer bottle.

[Roch Kubtako][/quote]

[url="http://www.baltimoresun.com/services/newspaper/printedition/bal-sp.ranta15jul15,0,7161096.story"]http://www.baltimoresun.com/services/newsp...0,7161096.story[/url]

[quote name='Smizno' post='679033' date='Jul 15 2008, 07:06 AM']It is so easy to sit back and throw stones at someone but think of the times alot of you have broke the law without getting caught. I am quite sure there are a few of you with criminal records, that smoke pot, that are alchoholics.....the list goes on. And yes I do realize that he has had SEVERAL chances. OK, so he has the potential to make millions and I am quite sure not one of you would ever do anything wrong if you made that amount of money......yeah right! Most of us can at least afford the internet, cable, our own home, our own cars.....things like that. So then I guess when the "middle class" people get in trouble the lower class should totally condemn them. Hell the last perfect man was crucified. After talking with Henry at court today I really think he is deep down a really nice individual. I think that he probably hasn't had much of an upbringing, no discipline in the home as a youth and Im really not sure about his parental situation. And again I realize the Bengals have bent over backwards to help this kid out, I just personally think he is a kid worth saving. I dont know, get him a life coach that is like a bodyguard to keep him steered in the right direction and to help him eliminate the idiots (friends) he hangs with. The kid needs a "guiding light". Maybe I have softened up but the Chris Henry I helped out today isn't the Chris Henry in the media.[/quote]

You know what? About 15 years ago I was busted drinking and driving here in Japan. I was sloshed beyond the gills, I admit it. The cops got me and did the breathalyser but it really wasn't needed. It was painfully obvious that I was out of it. Luckily enough I got some cops that didn't want to be bothered trying to write up a drunk foreigner that couldn't speak the language. One of the cops got in my car and drive me home and they told me not to be drinking and driving anymore. Guess what? Since that day I haven't driven my car after having even a sip of alcohol. I was lucky that I didn't end up in jail because Japanese laws are really strict when it comes to DUI. I think most people with half a brain can learn to stop fucking around once the police get involved. Henry is a fucking moron. If sitting in front of a judge, multiple times even, doesn't straighten your ass out then you're a fucking waste.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='679173' date='Jul 15 2008, 10:32 AM']You know what? About 15 years ago I was busted drinking and driving here in Japan. I was sloshed beyond the gills, I admit it. The cops got me and did the breathalyser but it really wasn't needed. It was painfully obvious that I was out of it. Luckily enough I got some cops that didn't want to be bothered trying to write up a drunk foreigner that couldn't speak the language. One of the cops got in my car and drive me home and they told me not to be drinking and driving anymore. Guess what? Since that day I haven't driven my car after having even a sip of alcohol. I was lucky that I didn't end up in jail because Japanese laws are really strict when it comes to DUI. I think most people with half a brain can learn to stop fucking around once the police get involved. Henry is a fucking moron. If sitting in front of a judge, multiple times even, doesn't straighten your ass out then you're a fucking waste.
MULLY[/quote]
[b]Word!!.......We made the right move by cuttin his ass and should have done it sooner...[/b]

Archived