360 keeps freezing on me!!

All started a few months ago when I was playing MLB 2k8 and it started freezing on me for no reason..When it would it would come up as the disc is unreadable and it is now doing the same thing with NCAA 09..It has done that a couple times with GTA also..No idea what is wrong with it..Has anybody else had this problem and where can I get it fixed? I have just thought about getting rid of it..I'm getting tired of always having to restart a game or somethin while in the middle of it.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='680309' date='Jul 21 2008, 12:39 AM']All started a few months ago when I was playing MLB 2k8 and it started freezing on me for no reason..When it would it would come up as the disc is unreadable and it is now doing the same thing with NCAA 09..It has done that a couple times with GTA also..No idea what is wrong with it..Has anybody else had this problem and where can I get it fixed? I have just thought about getting rid of it..I'm getting tired of always having to restart a game or somethin while in the middle of it.[/quote]

just have microsoft replace it.. for free...

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='680311' date='Jul 21 2008, 12:51 AM']how do i do that? I don't have a warranty.[/quote]

everyone has a warranty, they extended it to 3 years for everyone.. unless youve had it over 3 years.. which i dont THINK is possible ...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='680313' date='Jul 21 2008, 01:00 AM']everyone has a warranty, they extended it to 3 years for everyone.. unless youve had it over 3 years.. which i dont THINK is possible ...[/quote]
Really? Never heard that. wow I'm an idiot. So how do i replace it?

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='680315' date='Jul 21 2008, 01:08 AM']Really? Never heard that. wow I'm an idiot. So how do i replace it?[/quote]

cal ltheir support line, theyll do BS troubleshooting with you.. then send you a postage paid box to send yours in... then theyll either fix it or send you a new one..

no problem.. that was a common issue with the early batches of the 360. im surprised it took this long to act up if it was faulty. ive been lucky enough to have 2 good ones., sold my original to get the elite, both have been great. i am pretty sure my elite is slightly quieter than the original.. different fans or something..

anyway, let us know how that goes..

Had to replace mine. I got the dreaded red ring of death last month. After you call tech support, they will send you a box, a label, packing material and tape. The turn around time was about 2 weeks, and they gave me a free month of xbox live for the trouble.

i think the extended warranty is only for the RROD. The disc error i thought was the disc drive going bad and that isnt part of the warranty.

[url="http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm"]http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemse...rantyupdate.htm[/url]

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='680325' date='Jul 21 2008, 06:31 AM']Had to replace mine. I got the dreaded red ring of death last month. After you call tech support, they will send you a box, a label, packing material and tape. The turn around time was about 2 weeks, and they gave me a free month of xbox live for the trouble.[/quote]
I actually did get the red ring of death but it stopped. It was only for a few minutes. I unplugged it then plugged it back in and it started working again.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='680419' date='Jul 21 2008, 12:27 PM']I actually did get the red ring of death but it stopped. It was only for a few minutes. I unplugged it then plugged it back in and it started working again.[/quote]

I would say if you got it once, they would be able to cover it.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='680423' date='Jul 21 2008, 01:51 PM']this foreign lady is trying to tell me on the phone that my xbox is out of warranty?[/quote]
explain to her that is physically impossible since the 1st 360 was released on november 22, 2005 so you at least have 4 months from tomorrow

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='680419' date='Jul 21 2008, 12:27 PM']I actually did get the red ring of death but it stopped. It was only for a few minutes. I unplugged it then plugged it back in and it started working again.[/quote]

Was it actually just 3 of the red dashes like so?
[img]http://jameslogancourier.org/media/1/20070918-Xbox360-ringofdeath.jpg[/img]

If so that just means your A/V cables weren't plugged in properly. Happened to me once and scared the living shit out of me.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='680503' date='Jul 21 2008, 06:31 PM']Was it actually just 3 of the red dashes like so?
[img]http://jameslogancourier.org/media/1/20070918-Xbox360-ringofdeath.jpg[/img]

If so that just means your A/V cables weren't plugged in properly. Happened to me once and scared the living shit out of me.[/quote]
I can't remember on that for sure..But they said they couldnt replace it unless I paid a fee.. I said screw it I'll just fix it myself somehow..Microsoft pisses me off sometimes.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='680597' date='Jul 22 2008, 12:11 AM']I can't remember on that for sure..But they said they couldnt replace it unless I paid a fee.. I said screw it I'll just fix it myself somehow..Microsoft pisses me off sometimes.[/quote]

Yeah, damn Microsoft for not offering a 3 year warranty on an optical pickup or DVD drive in a game console.

Damn them to hell!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='680319' date='Jul 21 2008, 02:32 AM']no problem.. that was a common issue with the early batches of the 360. im surprised it took this long to act up if it was faulty. ive been lucky enough to have 2 good ones., sold my original to get the elite, both have been great. i am pretty sure my elite is slightly quieter than the original.. different fans or something..

anyway, let us know how that goes..[/quote]
And your original still works fine to this day. Have not had one problem with it at all.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but because of past history on this subject I'm sure some may take it that way, but....

What are you guys going to do when the three year warrenty ends (it seems that may be coming up soon for some of you)? Do they offer another warrenty or are you just SOL?

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='680966' date='Jul 23 2008, 04:31 PM']I'm not trying to be a dick, but because of past history on this subject I'm sure some may take it that way, but....

What are you guys going to do when the three year warrenty ends (it seems that may be coming up soon for some of you)? Do they offer another warrenty or are you just SOL?[/quote]

you can pay for an extended warranty if you wish, plus many retailers offered a 4+ year one as well, but frankly if it hasnt fucked up yet, its not likely to due to a bad product, either youll break it or, some accidnet or something.

i owned 4-5 PS2's as a result of a 1 yr waranty, i ended up getting them form ebay and so on for $100- or so.. you have all your working accessories still so a core system on ebay goes for $200-something, ..

same with any other electronic device, at some point your on your own.

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='680975' date='Jul 23 2008, 04:51 PM']Yeah, I had 2 different PS2's...I just remember it sucking ass to buy the second one.[/quote]

yea, that sucks with consoles vs other electronics... if you have buy another tv or vcr, chances are they got better. or smaller etc improved in some way... consoles the same typically..

Archived