!!! THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ RAVENS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='VonBlade' post='697438' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:09 PM']Zero sacks, under 100 yards rushing, under 100 passing, over 200 given up on the ground.[/quote]

Bright spots:
Frostee Rucker, Jonathan Joseph, the secondary, Brandon Johnson?

GOATS:
Bratkowski, first and foremost, John Thornton, Dexter Jackson, Guy-Chick, offensive line, especially Stacy Andrews, Levi Jones.

Weak play:
Rivers, DLine (though they wore down, having played over 20 minutes in the 2nd half)

Overall, the Offensive Line will be blamed for the game but that is not right. Bratkowski set them up for extreme failure by putting them in continued bad situations by playing a predictable and 'straight up' gameplan. There is no team in the NFL that can face up and just beat another team. You have to keep the other team guessing and off balance in order to succeed.

Our offense seems to think that we can line 'em up and go at it and you gotta beat your man and win the game.

The game plan sucked, the Oline struggled as a result, Carson had no creativity and was beaten up all day. Flacco, when he was pressured, dumped it off. Carson stutter stepped and did not.

I hope we go 3-13, so we get a top 5 pick AND we get rid of Bratkowski and bring in a sensible coordinator who will use the offensive players to succeed. I like Norm Chow, but I would take almost anyone.

[quote name='GoCommando' post='697520' date='Sep 7 2008, 03:27 PM']Of course if our new big-time TE can catch a pass, its a different game.[/quote]

Maybe... with the way the line played, Carson might've been decapitated on the next play even had Utecht held on to the ball.

[quote name='ChadJohnsonFan' post='697540' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:32 PM']BENGALS STILL SUCKS DICKS LIKE LAST YEAR WE WILL NEVER COME TO THE SUPERBROWL NEVER JUST FORGOTT THE SUPERBROWL I JUST HOPE NEXT YEAR CHAD JOHNSON GOES TO ANOTHER TEAM.AND TODAY THAT WAS THE BIGGEST AND THE FUCKEST GAME EVER I SPEND MY FUCKING TIME FOR THIS FUCKING GAME ![/quote]

1.What in the name of jesus is a "fuckest game"?

2.Quit watching football and learn english.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' post='697526' date='Sep 7 2008, 03:29 PM'][b]Bright spots:
Frostee Rucker, Jonathan Joseph, the secondary, Brandon Johnson?

[/b]
GOATS:
Bratkowski, first and foremost, John Thornton, Dexter Jackson, Guy-Chick, offensive line, especially Stacy Andrews, Levi Jones.

Weak play:
Rivers, DLine (though they wore down, having played over 20 minutes in the 2nd half)

Overall, the Offensive Line will be blamed for the game but that is not right. Bratkowski set them up for extreme failure by putting them in continued bad situations by playing a predictable and 'straight up' gameplan. There is no team in the NFL that can face up and just beat another team. You have to keep the other team guessing and off balance in order to succeed.

Our offense seems to think that we can line 'em up and go at it and you gotta beat your man and win the game.

The game plan sucked, the Oline struggled as a result, Carson had no creativity and was beaten up all day. Flacco, when he was pressured, dumped it off. Carson stutter stepped and did not.

I hope we go 3-13, so we get a top 5 pick AND we get rid of Bratkowski and bring in a sensible coordinator who will use the offensive players to succeed. I like Norm Chow, but I would take almost anyone.[/quote]

Leon had a very good game, larson and shayne did good, Jeanty made a big play, holt had one nice return, he holds the ball to loose though

OLine played badly, granted.

But this is why you have coaches.

I can't talk enough about BRAT. screen passes force Dlinemen to think before they go tee off. play actions do the same for LB's.

Carson does 1 play action a game, and on that, he fakes only himself. Boomer needs to teach him...hell, Fitzpatrick needs to teach him.

FIRE PEOPLE NOW.

Is my Dad on this board, even though he doesn't have the internet? ("Fire everyone, now!") :lol:

Sadly, we are stuck with Brat for the rest of this year. At least until late November if it doesn't get better and they can limp the rest of the year by promoting a current assistant to finish the season as OC.

Next year...we desperately need someone new.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='697524' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:28 PM']Bengals Total Net Yards 154

Ravens Time of Possession 36:15

Rookie QB has a better QB rating than our "Elite" QB did.

Rookie RB has as many rushing yards (64) as our ENTIRE TEAM did (65).

Healthiest they have been for a long time. Dominated.

No excuses.[/quote]

So are you saying it is coaching?????

No emotion......Just like a Bruce Coslet coached team............

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='697566' date='Sep 7 2008, 03:47 PM']Is my Dad on this board, even though he doesn't have the internet? ("Fire everyone, now!") :lol:

Sadly, we are stuck with Brat for the rest of this year. At least until late November if it doesn't get better and they can limp the rest of the year by promoting a current assistant to finish the season as OC.

Next year...we desperately need someone new.[/quote]
Thats the sad part, they won't fire brat. He is the guy Mike wanted to keep when marvin got the job. Marvin couldn't even hire his own offensive coordinator .

[quote name='JC' post='697572' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:50 PM']It's going to be a very long year if the line doesn't adjust.

Carson can't complete a pass from his back and chris can run when he is getting smothered in the backfield.[/quote]

This is the point... we have a decent line, it needs to get in gear. so be smart and until that happens, do 3 step drops instead of **7** step drops! screens, slants, play actions.

[quote name='JC' post='697572' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:50 PM']It's going to be a very long year if the line doesn't adjust.

Carson can't complete a pass from his back and [b]chris can run when he is getting smothered in the backfield.[/b][/quote]

Or getting tripped up by his FB

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' post='697580' date='Sep 7 2008, 03:54 PM']This is the point... we have a decent line, it needs to get in gear. so be smart and until that happens, do 3 step drops instead of **7** step drops! screens, slants, play actions.[/quote]

no kidding. Carson lost 7-8 yards before anything got started. Might as well start shotgun and have some forward momentum.

[quote name='ChadJohnsonFan' post='697540' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:32 PM']BENGALS STILL SUCKS DICKS LIKE LAST YEAR WE WILL NEVER COME TO THE SUPERBROWL NEVER JUST FORGOTT THE SUPERBROWL I JUST HOPE NEXT YEAR CHAD JOHNSON GOES TO ANOTHER TEAM.AND TODAY THAT WAS THE BIGGEST AND THE FUCKEST GAME EVER I SPEND MY FUCKING TIME FOR THIS FUCKING GAME ![/quote]

Still learning English?

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='697560' date='Sep 7 2008, 05:11 PM']OMG FIYER EVERYONEZ!!!!!

BRAT MUST GO NOw!!!!

THORNTON GET CUT HIS ASS TOMORROW!!!

*kills self*[/quote]

OMG OMG KEEPS ALLZ!!!!1

ALLZ DOINGZ THE JOBS

FANTASTICALLY DOINGZ THEIRS JOBZ THE GREAT WAYZ

EXTEND THORNTON 8 YEARS DEALZ!!!!!

*remains delusional*

Archived