"Joe The Plumber" = Related to Charles Keating

BlackJesus

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='717057' date='Oct 23 2008, 06:04 PM']the almighty ninja generally infers it's a joke - though at your expense. at least the way i tend to use it ^_^[/quote]

The ninja [i]implies [/i]it's a joke. Inferring is something people can only do inside their heads.

CincyInDC uses college education today: check
BOOYAH BITCHEZ!!!!!111111 IN YOUR FACE et cetera...

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='717070' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:37 AM']Are you saying I smell like poop poop? :unsure:

:ninja:

oh yeah, i almost forgot :hijack:[/quote]
LOL

Not really.

I'm saying:

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='716963' date='Oct 23 2008, 04:42 AM']1000 x 0 = 0

but yes, you have proven that we need to fix the public education system in this country.

:ninja:[/quote]

is a great, powerful, and even remarkable analysis of the percentage increase of any number to zero in any given situation.

Joe Plumber fixed 0 toilets last month. This month he fixed 1000 toilets. Joe Plumber has been working his ass off 0% more this month compared to last month.

Microsoft's stock shares were valued at $0/share last month. This month Microsoft's stock shares are valued at $1000/share. Microsoft's stock value increased 0%.

Yesterday, your savings account held $0. Today, your employer mistakenly deposited $1,000,000 USD into your account. The value of your savings account increased 0% overnight.

Last week you didn't have melanoma covering 0mm[sup]2[/sup] of your face. Today, the melanoma affects every mm[sup]2[/sup] of your face. The cancer has spread 0%.

Jeff Wyler Chevrolet had 0 cars on his lot last month. Today, Jeff has 1000 cars on his lot. Jeff's inventory increased 0%.

Yesterday, 0 murders were commited in DC. Today, 10 murders were committed in DC. The homicide rate in DC increased 0% from yesterday.

You made 0 posts last month. This month you made 1000 posts. The amount you post in one month increased 0% from last month to this month.

There were 0 forest fires in Southern California last month. This month there were 1000 forest fires in SoCal. The forest fires in SoCal increased 0% during the last month.

Last year, there were 0 cases of bubonic plague reported in the US. This year, there have been 1000 cases of bubonic plague reported in the US. The reported cases of bubonic plague have increased 0% since last year.

Has the light bulb went off for you, yet?

[center][img]http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/10/04/inside-dvd-streetcar2.jpg[/img][/center]

Kangaaaaar!

Kaaaangaaaaaar!

Hey! Kaaangaaaar!

I expected a response. Did the lightbulb go off and you thought better?

Or did you get tired of making fun of dumbassess?

Because I'm not tired of making fun of dumbasses. It's kinda like a hobby for me.

When I responded "LMAO" I meant [i]at you[/i]. When you joke that someone is a dumbass with an explanation which is wrong, it only serves to point out you are an even bigger dumbass.

Do you still think $1000 is 0% bigger than $0 dollars because "1000 x 0 = 0?"

That argument is wrong. [i]Something[/i] is larger than [i]nothing[/i]. Any amount of something is infinitely larger than nothing. It doesn't matter if you have 1 of something or 1000 of something. It just can't be expressed as a percentage. (And it doesn't make a catchy slogan on a web site because it only applies when dealing with zero, "Barack's tax break is infinitely larger than McCain's tax break.")

Let's go back to the formula I gave you:

[(Q2-Q1)/Q1] x 100%

where Q2 is the new value or $1000 and Q1 is the old value or $0

1000-0=1000
1000/0=0
0 x 100%=0%

Right?

Wrong. (And notice 1000 x 0 = 0 never appears in the calculation.)

1000/0 is [i]undefined[/i] because it is against the rules of mathematics. Like I said before, if Q1=0, it is a meaningless question.

All of the examples I gave you above are meaningless questions in which you should instinctively know the answer isn't 0%.

What does that mean? It means you have to THINK, "What can I do to provide these questions with some sort of meaning for a basis of comparison?"

The answer is, and I can't believe a dumbass like me has to explain this to you, you need to ADJUST the definintion of Q1 to some value of meaning in order to have a meaningful comparison. A similar example is when you are dealing with zero during a geometric mean calculation. I shouldn't have to tell you to adjust the definition of Q1, either. It's done by convention or by commone sense depending upon the situation.

If we are comparing dollar amounts, we adjust Q1 to the lowest dollar amount, i.e. $1. Not $0.01 which would give you a dollar to cents comparison and artificially inflate the percentage increase.

If we are comparing cars, we adjust Q1 to 1 car since most car dealers don't stock just half a car on their lot.

If we are comparing murder rates, we adjust Q1 to 1 murder because you can't have 1/2 a murder.

If we are comparing forest fires, we adjust Q1 to 1 forest fire because you can't have 1/2 a forest fire.

Etc.

Etc.

Don't get me wrong. I was LMAO at your joke, too. Just for a different reason.

G'day.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='717051' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:54 AM']funny that you took as far as anyone caring enough to be "gasping at straws" isnt obama winning in every poll known to man? even in hilljack ohio?

no one said "BOOOYAAAH BITCHES IN YOUR MCCAIN FACES MOTHERFUCKS!!!! CHALK IT UP AS A WIN!!111" no.. no one aid anything like that, just posted that its comical that the mccain n; co campaign didnt check it out before spending 25% of a debate on the guy.

and frankly the not being registered to vote part is the funniest....

and you being a wife beater isnt important to this campaign, thats your and your sisters business....

its funny that you took the article so seriously as to claim someone is grasping at straws.....hilarious even...[/quote]

My original reaction to this thread was wrong, and if you read further you will notice that.

I have gotten so used to the "propaganda machine" that BJ pumps out in this forum that I reacted to (at the time) to something I thought was ridiculous without really looking at it....and that is my fault.

After watching the video it became pretty obvious to me that Joe the plumber was a plant.....my bad.

btw....I am not voting for McCain.....just so you know.....

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='717637' date='Oct 26 2008, 10:06 AM']I'm curious. Who are you voting for, if you don't mind saying?[/quote]

Ugh....lol

Maybe Obama just to counter the damage the Republican party has done now.....

To me there is no real difference between the two parties...they just seem to counter each others level of damage and different peoples pockets get lined.

I have considered Bob Barr with the hopes that with enough people voting Libertarian that it would scare the other two parties in getting their shit together.

I am a true conservative.....

Right now, Republicans want to cut taxes and expand government which is irresponsible. Democrats want to raise taxes(I know what Obama says....but I also remember the first Bush trying to get me to read his lips) and expand government.

I honestly believe to get our economy going in the right direction it has to start with the government and we need to get the budget back under control.....

To me the perfect scenario is a balanced budget with less government and less taxes.....

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='717623' date='Oct 26 2008, 08:14 AM'][center][img]http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/10/04/inside-dvd-streetcar2.jpg[/img][/center]

Kangaaaaar!

Kaaaangaaaaaar!

Hey! Kaaangaaaar!

Because I'm not tired of making fun of dumbasses. It's kinda like a hobby for me.

When I responded "LMAO" I meant [i]at you[/i]. When you joke that someone is a dumbass with an explanation which is wrong, it only serves to point out you are an even bigger dumbass.

That argument is wrong. [i]Something[/i] is larger than [i]nothing[/i]. Any amount of something is infinitely larger than nothing. It doesn't matter if you have 1 of something or 1000 of something. It just can't be expressed as a percentage. (And it doesn't make a catchy slogan on a web site because it only applies when dealing with zero, "Barack's tax break is infinitely larger than McCain's tax break.")

[(Q2-Q1)/Q1] x 100%

1000-0=1000
1000/0=0
0 x 100%=0%

Right?

1000/0 is [i]undefined[/i] because it is against the rules of mathematics. Like I said before, if Q1=0, it is a meaningless question.

All of the examples I gave you above are meaningless questions in which you should instinctively know the answer isn't 0%.

What does that mean? It means you have to THINK, "What can I do to provide these questions with some sort of meaning for a basis of comparison?"

The answer is, and I can't believe a dumbass like me has to explain this to you, you need to ADJUST the definintion of Q1 to some value of meaning in order to have a meaningful comparison. A similar example is when you are dealing with zero during a geometric mean calculation. I shouldn't have to tell you to adjust the definition of Q1, either. It's done by convention or by commone sense depending upon the situation.

If we are comparing dollar amounts, we adjust Q1 to the lowest dollar amount, i.e. $1. Not $0.01 which would give you a dollar to cents comparison and artificially inflate the percentage increase.

If we are comparing cars, we adjust Q1 to 1 car since most car dealers don't stock just half a car on their lot.

If we are comparing murder rates, we adjust Q1 to 1 murder because you can't have 1/2 a murder.

If we are comparing forest fires, we adjust Q1 to 1 forest fire because you can't have 1/2 a forest fire.

Etc.

Etc.

G'day.[/quote]

[img]http://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/10/23/633603991131502878-addition.jpg[/img]

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='717623' date='Oct 26 2008, 04:14 PM'][center][img]http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/10/04/inside-dvd-streetcar2.jpg[/img][/center]

Kangaaaaar!

Kaaaangaaaaaar!

Hey! Kaaangaaaar!

[(Q2-Q1)/Q1] x 100%

1000-0=1000
1000/0=0
0 x 100%=0%

Right?

Etc.

Etc.

G'day.[/quote]
:2dedhorse:

You truly have me confused with someone who gives a damn.

:zzz:

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='718350' date='Oct 27 2008, 05:52 PM'][img]http://www.be-logic.org/uploaded/10_1225122762.gif[/img][/quote]

I like Ted Rall; he's caustic (but not here).

Michael Moore theorized essentially the same thing as what the cartoon is saying in Dude, Where's my Country? We're afraid we'll personally be screwed by high taxes because we dream of making it rich. Apparently, it's the dream we really don't like being screwed with, as most of us don't hit the lottery or become wildly profitable.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='717756' date='Oct 26 2008, 03:43 PM']:2dedhorse:

You truly have me confused with someone who gives a damn.

:zzz:[/quote]
No, I don't.

Many people who are proven wrong, fail, or lose typically have an attitude of, "Pfft, I don't give a damn. Like I'm ever going to use math in real life anyway."

Truth be told, this is more for my benefit than yours. I'm kinda anal-rententive so I like a well established pecking order amongst us dumbasses. I assure you the discomfort you are feeling will eventually pass. Take 800mg of motrin, put some ice on it, and the swelling from all that pecking will subside.

If you're going to insult someone by implying they are a dumbass it is usually more effective if your explanation doesn't reveal you yourself are a dumbass. Does that make sense to you? So I'm explaining the punchline in a detailed yet simple, easy to understand, baby step by baby step fashion on a level which you should be able to understand. I don't want you to walk away until you get the joke, too.

[img]http://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/6/16/633492358743214674-Simplicity.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='719293' date='Oct 29 2008, 03:36 PM'][url="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5d3271b670/thomas-haden-church-vs-joe-the-plumber-from-thomas-haden-church"]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5d3271b67...as-haden-church[/url]

Has this been posted? Don't have time to try to figure out how to imbed from here.[/quote]

Lowell Mather...

[i]"well, you see Joe..."[/i]

:D remembering Wings!

Archived