Do we have the worst owner in football?

At what point does Mikey realize that money is not the only tangible in the NFL? He has limited years before he no longer is running the Bengals. Why not get a GM that actually understands the NFL? Katie is not the answer. This franchise makes me sick to my stomach. Carson is probably one of the greatest talents, at least I love him, and he is stuck in the black hole. How does Mikey actually sit back and watch this happen? I hate Jerry Jones but at least he is willing to spend money to give his team a chance. It truly sucks to be a Bengal fan, which I am to the core. Sad, sad, sad..........

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='714888' date='Oct 19 2008, 08:33 AM']Of COURSE he is the worst owner, not just in the NFL, but in ALL major league sports. His record speaks for itself.[/quote]

Clay Bennett would like a word. As would David Levy. Or Thaksin Shinawatra. Or Al Davis.

Anyway, the point is, he's barely the worst owner in the AFC.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='714889' date='Oct 19 2008, 03:56 AM']Clay Bennett would like a word. As would David Levy. Or Thaksin Shinawatra. Or Al Davis.

Anyway, the point is, he's barely the worst owner in the AFC.[/quote]

I would agree with this statement if we are talking about, right now, this very second.

But when you factor in 2 other very important aspects:

1. Mike Brown's "body of work." (18 years, 1 winning season, 0 playoff wins)

and

2. The foreseeable future. (Business as usual.)

Then at that point you start entering Mike Brown into "worst owner in history of professional sports" discussions. And to me, it ain't even close. He "wins" by a longshot.

...by the way, he's only 71 years old. He could feasibly run the team for another 15 years EASILY. But look at the bright side. If history is any barometer, that means we will only have to wait until 2020 for our next playoff run. (1990, 2005, 2020, 2035, etc) So you know... there is something to look forward to. How old will YOU be in 2020 when we make our next run? ;)

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='714907' date='Oct 19 2008, 08:48 AM']I have to agree with you there, GO. Only IDIOTS would continue to support the owner that produced the abysmal product that has been on the field for the past 18 years.[/quote]

so what does that make jerkoffs who cry on message boards about it non stop? i like going to games, and thats NEVER going to stop, so forgive me if i think a buncha couch fans with pitch forks acting like school girls about something they cant change is a bit foolish and pathetic.

and call me an idiot again asshole... and none of us will have to put up with your dribbling retardation anymore..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='714909' date='Oct 19 2008, 06:51 AM']so what does that make jerkoffs who cry on message boards about it non stop? i like going to games, and thats NEVER going to stop, so forgive me if i think a buncha couch fans with pitch forks acting like school girls about something they cant change is a bit foolish and pathetic.

and call me an idiot again asshole... and none of us will have to put up with your dribbling retardation anymore..[/quote]

Guess I must have hit a nerve....and I guess it's ok to call someone 'dumb' and and 'asshole' but not ok to make a generalization about 'idiots' when you run the board.

Go ahead and ban me...your Stalin mentality it really starting to get old.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='714903' date='Oct 19 2008, 08:42 AM']definitely the dumbest fans.[/quote]

You didn't answer the question. Just because there is nothing we as fans can really do about it does not mean we can't debate the question. Furthermore, attacking the fans does not disprove nor bring argument to the topic at hand. Your technique is amateurish.

He is certainly in the bottom 5 as his record in a league built on parity will attest. Furthermore, the exodus of proven players and the wanton desire of other star players to leave the organization would indicate there is certainly little to no desire to play for this franchise.

[img]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq286/psychostats/Stats-Tables-Graphs/Back-To-Back1big.jpg[/img]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='714909' date='Oct 19 2008, 01:51 PM']so forgive me if i think a buncha couch fans with pitch forks acting like school girls[/quote]

What's your fucking obsession with people being "couch" fans? This is the largest Bengals message board on teh interwebz. Dya seriously think you're the only guy who goes to the games? Jesus wept.

There is lot of crap in Wikipedia but in following statement from there is fairly accurate :(

"Brown has been subject to ongoing criticism for the Bengals' performance both on and off the field. Brown is often singled out as unable or unwilling to cope with changes such as free agency, revenue sharing and increased league discipline or, alternately, using them to mask what is perceived as his shortcomings as owner"

[quote name='oldschooler' post='714927' date='Oct 19 2008, 09:39 AM']Al Davis. Ford. Bidwell. And a few others in my opinion.[/quote]

My Chart above would say differently. I would agree that Al Davis is worse today but his body of work is significantly better than Mike Browns. Detroit is certainly in the running. Arizona is playing better but I agree they are in the same league.

I can't say any of them are worse than Mike Brown but certainly not better.

Oh, I have never met a "few others" so its hard to debate that point.

[quote name='SF2' post='714932' date='Oct 19 2008, 07:51 AM']My Chart above would say differently. I would agree that Al Davis is worse today but his body of work is significantly better than Mike Browns. Detroit is certainly in the running. Arizona is playing better but I agree they are in the same league.

I can't say any of them are worse than Mike Brown but certainly not better.

Oh, I have never met a "few others" so its hard to debate that point.[/quote]

You all can talk about the "body of work" all you want.
I live in the now, and prefer to talk about the now.
Or at the most, the recent past.

And what does it matter who I think is worse?
You all will disagree anyway.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='714926' date='Oct 19 2008, 09:37 AM']What's your fucking obsession with people being "couch" fans? This is the largest Bengals message board on teh interwebz. Dya seriously think you're the only guy who goes to the games? Jesus wept.[/quote]

obsession? hardly.

are you new? seems we have this arguement every year. and everytime i respond to it some dink reads one line and runs with it and bitching for a fucking month. but what the hell, not like we have anything else to do in november...

i cant phathom people with no stake in the team, as in dont live near it, dont spend any money on it, and in no way support anything it does, [size=7][b]AND[/b][/size] i made that big to try to prevent some stupid asshole (it will still happen) from saying "just cause i dont have tickets doesnt make me less of a fan", cause thats gonna happen.. i assure you thats gonna be said here at some point.

anyway.. that someone with no stake in anything bengals related, AND (again for good measure) seems to obviously hate everything about the team, owner, coach, 90% of the players....finds time to spends countless hours BITCHING as i mentioned, like whiny school girls, about said team.

pick another one, or find a fucking hobby.

how pathetic is ones life to do nothing but complain and bitch and not in any way support something they CLAIM to be a fan of.

if you get no enjoyment out of the bengals, the team, coach, owner, anyone involved... then what...the....fuck....

i dont really like salad (shocker i know) but i dont spend my time on iceberg.com bitching about how they have the worst greens on the planet and their salad dressing is fucking garbage and how their salad will always be fucking stupid as long as the OWNER is still the OWNER.

and im not gonna fly a plane over the iceberg lettuce plant saying "LETTUCE IS THE FUCKING SUCKZORSZZ!!11" "STEP DOWN LETTUCE OWNER!!!11"

now if you have sent a few grand on tickets, you can be upset if they are losing, but personally, i think if your going to invest a few grand into something, its kinda risky to do so if your only going to be happy if they win, i certainly wouldnt have season tickets if losing was going to make me take money losses on tickets and pout all winter long. but thats just me, and i like football regardless...

now for people who typically have good football conversation and are just pissed about this season, im not jumping their case... am i? its the people who bitch in the offseason, then bitch more in the regular season.. then bitch like its their fucking full time job in a bad season that piss me off.

i have as much right to enjoy this site as the many people complaining about the senseless bitching daily to me.... i REFUSE to appease those who ruin the site experience for others.

without a shred of a doubt this is by far the most liberal bengals fan site out there. hell most of the people here are from sites they got banned from or sites that crumbled due to idiocy running rapid....

you know damn well there are dozens of crybaby style fans that have survived here without even a suspension or problem at all because they are capable of actually giving forth some sort of actual football opinion on things.

i think many people are smart enough to realize someone who gets banned or suspended for a few days isnt necessarily done so based solely on the comment that triggered it, but mostly for days, weeks, months, or even years of ruining threads or discussions. and 90% are back and posting rather quickly.

if people wanna call me a nazi or stalin or whetever the fuck, thats going to be their problem, i explain everything i do 99% of the time and am pretty open about just about anything that goes on here... even the small stuff like what forums to add or remove or merge, the layout and design, where ads are least annoying, etc..

and such a system has been rather successful.

and for the record i dont have an issue with the topic, but im just as allowed to voice my opinion.. and i dont think anyone can argue how fucking stupiud our fans are.. listen to 5 minutes of sports radio, or read a single question from readers on bengals.com or the papers here and its instantly confirmed.. hell every othe thread here someone says "we are too predictable, every drive its run-run-pass every time...

cause there isnt a single game where we ran/ran/passed more thn half the time, its typically 20-30% of the drives...

and with our 65%+ passing play calls, apparently "we need to stop trying to establish the run game" :weaksauce:

Archived