Andrews should be gone

[quote name='globetrotter' post='715498' date='Oct 19 2008, 03:18 PM']That money is completely not guaranteed. Lets cut him[/quote]

It is guaranteed.

I'm with you guys. Switch him and Whit. Let's see what happens.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='715506' date='Oct 19 2008, 03:27 PM']Are you sure its guaranteed? Where do you see this?[/quote]

I believe franchise tags are guaranteed. Makes sense----they are one year and the player cannot negotiate.

Bengals just seemed to have made a poor, poor choice

They're guaranteed. You can check the CBA if you like.

I wouldn't mind seeing the line reshuffled. Would only happen with a new line coach though. Something like, a new LT, maybe with our exceptionally high pick in the draft, then put Levi at LG, and Whit at RT. Id on't know, but something's got to change. They're pathetic.

[quote name='SoCal.BengalFan' post='715548' date='Oct 19 2008, 04:11 PM']How do we know what other teams were planning? Do you really think Andrews was gonna get paid a lot of money. He has never done jack shit.[/quote]
he was allowed to talk to other teams as a RFA and when he was tagged. teams were looking at making him a BEASTLY paid tackle.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='715621' date='Oct 19 2008, 06:21 PM']So you want to move the guy who gets blown up every play next to the human turnstyle? I'm not too sure of the logic.

We better get a left-handed QB so at least he can see the hits coming.[/quote]

IMO Bluto would be a better pulling guard than a center at this point. He'd also be able to get into his stance quicker since he's not snapping the ball. What's the worst the can happen at trying it?

[quote name='Hint of Snow' post='715524' date='Oct 19 2008, 03:44 PM']The biggest problem is this is THE LINE we were planning for from day one.[/quote]

Sad but true -----

No center since Braham got hurt in 06.
Levi not the same since getting hurt in 06 and no moves made to sure up the position.
Willie declining since06.
No depth at any position.
Giving Andrews the franchise tag ----- not because he desired it, but because Mike choose this was the best option to replace Willie since he had made no other moves. My guess is he will get a $10 mill francise tag next year for the same reason.

The problem is that we have a lot of incomplete players.

Andrews won't sign. Levi isn't a premium LT right now. Ghiaciuc is getting owned by the division tackles.

I gotta figure Collins factors in here somewhere.

I'm guessing they let Andrews walk, replace him with Collins, give Levi the LT job again. Then find a FA center and draft behind him, a swingman that mans the guard and center spots. And pick up another tackle later in the draft.

Archived