Help Me Name My Bird

Khatmandude

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='718989' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:55 PM']what about Sindbad! i met a lady in Florida who had a parrot named that. i thought it was a cool name.[/quote]

I'm not really feeling Sinbad......

[quote name='Bunghole' post='719042' date='Oct 28 2008, 08:34 PM']Tiberius.[/quote]

Too long, but cool tho.

I think I've got it down to a couple of names:

Oba (means King in various regions in Africa)

Byron (my fav so far)

and

ParrotsOwn

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='719032' date='Oct 28 2008, 08:05 PM']How about Dickface?
MULLY

actually, out of all the names I've seen so far Pork Chop gets my vote. That just sounds cool.[/quote]

You know, I thought long and hard about naming it dickface............even before you suggested it. Am I right that when you think of parrot names and pet names in general, dickface is the first thing that pops into your head? I know it does mine. When my mother comes over or my friends or boss...........I can be proud to introduce them to my bird........dickface.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='719056' date='Oct 29 2008, 10:13 AM']You know, I thought long and hard about naming it dickface............even before you suggested it. Am I right that when you think of parrot names and pet names in general, dickface is the first thing that pops into your head? I know it does mine. When my mother comes over or my friends or boss...........I can be proud to introduce them to my bird........dickface.[/quote]

You could introduce him as Richard.
MULLY

[quote name='IKOTA' post='719393' date='Oct 29 2008, 09:22 PM']:rofl:[/quote]

No, seriously, hear me out - after a short period of training / brainwashing, your parrot will be able to dictate the contents of radical Christian websites at you, sometimes in context, just like his namesake! You'll be the first person to be evangelized by his pet.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='719402' date='Oct 29 2008, 11:11 PM']No, seriously, hear me out - after a short period of training / brainwashing, your parrot will be able to dictate the contents of radical Christian websites at you, sometimes in context, just like his namesake! You'll be the first person to be evangelized by his pet.[/quote]

That is f'in hillarious.........I seriously played out this whole scene in my head.

And I've settled on either 1) Oba which is Swahili for "king" ......... he is an African Grey so the African name is fitting OR 2) Alexander.......he would be Alexander the Grey.

Here he is:
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z121/akhatri/ObaBaby.jpg[/img]

Then 2 wks later:
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z121/akhatri/handsomeoba.jpg?t=1228450394[/img]

Archived