13 James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
14 William Moore S Missouri
15 Clint Sintim LB Virginia
16 Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest
17 Max Unger C Oregon
18 Rashad Johnson S Alabama
19 Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
20 Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

[url="http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80d41b6d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true[/url]

Pettigrew is WAY too high IMO. He's got great size but he is not a threat at receiver by any stretch of the imagination. He's a good blocker though. He has major character concerns (hit a cop) and also missed about half the season with an injury.

I really want Aaron Curry.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='733070' date='Dec 16 2008, 03:07 PM']Pettigrew is WAY too high IMO. He's got great size but he is not a threat at receiver by any stretch of the imagination. He's a good blocker though. He has major character concerns (hit a cop) and also missed about half the season with an injury.

I really want Aaron Curry.[/quote]
curry, like smith are likely victims of the ever famous dead cat bounce. :mellow:

[quote name='bengaled' post='733157' date='Dec 16 2008, 09:03 PM']curry, like smith are likely victims of the ever famous dead cat bounce. :mellow:[/quote]

dunno about curry. pick 6 or 7 will be right at the top cusp of where he's taken I think. Can't see him going top 5. Ideally, I'd want to be 3rd or 4th, trade down to 6 or 7 (assuming smith and oher are gone) and get Curry AND a 2nd rounder. That would be sweet.

[quote name='JC' post='733243' date='Dec 17 2008, 11:28 AM']Is Eugene Monroe not that good? I see a lot of people wanting Oher and Smith, but not Monroe. I assumed they were all pretty good considering they were the big three in tackles?[/quote]

He's not near as good a run blocker as Oher and Andre Smith. I would be fine with him because he's great in pass protection, but he would be my third choice.

[quote name='JC' post='733243' date='Dec 17 2008, 10:28 AM']Is Eugene Monroe not that good? I see a lot of people wanting Oher and Smith, but not Monroe. I assumed they were all pretty good considering they were the big three in tackles?[/quote]

Depends on who you ask. Some have Monroe rated higher than Oher, others, vice versa. Oher may have a "higher ceiling" but Monroe has been more consistent. Monroe is the better pass blocker.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='733070' date='Dec 16 2008, 02:07 PM']Pettigrew is WAY too high IMO. He's got great size but he is not a threat at receiver by any stretch of the imagination. He's a good blocker though. He has major character concerns (hit a cop) and also missed about half the season with an injury.

I really want Aaron Curry.[/quote]

Curry is intriguing, no doubt. I like Brian Cushing a lot, but he's not as explosive. But he sure makes a lot of plays.

Pettigrew is a knucklehead, but he's got great size, and big hands. OK State receivers don't light it up in the NFL (Hart Lee Dykes, Rashaun Woods, and Adarius Bowman did zero, although I think Dez Bryant has a lot of talent), but I think he catches the ball pretty well and he's scary when he's got the ball in his hands... like a runaway freight train. To your point, he'd need work as a receiver, but he can help you blocking right away. That's different than a lot of the TEs that have come out recently, who are more the receiver than the blocker.

Archived