Laid off today

akiliMVP

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='776038' date='May 13 2009, 09:19 PM'][/quote]

Absolutely the worse feeling in the world and something where you are not
at fault and completely helpless.

My heart goes out to you.
The corn ball crap like things will get better and you will land on your feet and
better off are the last things you want to hear but that is the way things usually
shake down.

And you have my utmost and well deserved respect for your profession.

Good Luck and
God's speed, sir.

[quote name='whodey319' post='776560' date='May 15 2009, 05:30 PM']if i was a cop i would move to las vegas and get a job

would be a good time[/quote]
2.9 kids (last due in a month) and all my family in Dayton area makes that impossible for me.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='776584' date='May 15 2009, 06:03 PM']No

I must start over again[/quote]
That sucks. I kinda thought that it was a little like the military in that regard. As if cops earn huge salaries to begin with! I hope you latch on somewhere soon, and it is a situation where you aren't commuting 150 miles a day too. I suppose you have a house and all. Hopefully you aren't put into a position where you have to relocate. Selling a house right now will be brutal.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='776589' date='May 15 2009, 08:20 PM']That sucks. I kinda thought that it was a little like the military in that regard. As if cops earn huge salaries to begin with! I hope you latch on somewhere soon, and it is a situation where you aren't commuting 150 miles a day too. I suppose you have a house and all. Hopefully you aren't put into a position where you have to relocate. Selling a house right now will be brutal.[/quote]
Yeah that's the biggest thing for me too. I don't want to move. I love where I am now. The problem is there are just not a lot of people hiring around here at the moment. There are on average like 200 people applying for 1 position. Hopefully they have some sympathy for me since I was laid off after 4 years.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='776593' date='May 15 2009, 06:26 PM']Yeah that's the biggest thing for me too. I don't want to move. I love where I am now. The problem is there are just not a lot of people hiring around here at the moment. There are on average like 200 people applying for 1 position. Hopefully they have some sympathy for me since I was laid off after 4 years.[/quote]
Hang in there. Hopefully something will come along before you run out of cash. I'm sorry you're in this position. I generally hate my job but I suppose I should be grateful that I work for a stubborn millionaire that would rather ride out the storm of he economy than close the doors due to pride. Kids gotta eat, mortgage has to be paid, etc. Does your wife have a job that can keep you solvent to ride out the storm?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='776594' date='May 15 2009, 08:31 PM']Hang in there. Hopefully something will come along before you run out of cash. I'm sorry you're in this position. I generally hate my job but I suppose I should be grateful that I work for a stubborn millionaire that would rather ride out the storm of he economy than close the doors due to pride. Kids gotta eat, mortgage has to be paid, etc. Does your wife have a job that can keep you solvent to ride out the storm?[/quote]
No she stays at home with the kids

Soon we will both be stay at home parents...

Is anyone here good at writing and would be willing to read over a letter of interest I am writing to another department? Just looking for some thoughts and suggestions to make it better. I have a lot of connections to the department and I think if I can just get in for an interview I have a great shot of getting on.

Appreciate any help.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='776707' date='May 16 2009, 11:15 AM']Is anyone here good at writing and would be willing to read over a letter of interest I am writing to another department? Just looking for some thoughts and suggestions to make it better. I have a lot of connections to the department and I think if I can just get in for an interview I have a great shot of getting on.

Appreciate any help.[/quote]
If you PM me I will give you my email address (although it may already be in my profile?). I have a degree in English, I can proofread it for you.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='776711' date='May 16 2009, 01:46 PM']If you PM me I will give you my email address (although it may already be in my profile?). I have a degree in English, I can proofread it for you.[/quote]
Awesome.

Sending it now.

• 2 weeks later...

i think 1181 is getting fired not laid off for being on go-bengals all day :ninja:

seriously though, sorry to hear that guys and good luck on the job hunt. as a fellow poster
im willing to help in anyway i can, i can always use servers here at the MP. they make no less
than a $100 bucks cash a night if your a good server. and we only open for dinner.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='779284' date='May 28 2009, 11:05 PM']i think 1181 is getting fired not laid off for being on go-bengals all day :ninja:

seriously though, sorry to hear that guys and good luck on the job hunt. as a fellow poster
im willing to help in anyway i can, i can always use servers here at the MP. they make no less
than a $100 bucks cash a night if your a good server. and we only open for dinner.[/quote]

Remember a bachelorette party a couple of weeks ago? That was my best buddy's sister in law, and my sister was there too. For Donson.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='783291' date='Jul 2 2009, 02:34 PM']Update

Being brought back on monday. I'll be in your neck of the woods for a little bit Rumble, so look out. What kind of car do you drive by the way? ;)[/quote]

:headbang:

Archived