Duggars have child number 19 coming

Go Skins

• 5 weeks later...
Ends in a miscarriage:
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/tlc/2011_Dec_08_duggar-miscarriage

The pregnancy that would have produced the [b]19 Kids and Counting[/b] stars’ 20th child has ended in a miscarriage.

TLC released a statement from Jim Bob Duggar that said, “Earlier today at a routine doctor’s appointment, Michelle and I received the sad news that we lost the baby. Michelle is resting comfortably at home with the support of the entire family. We are grateful for all the thoughts and prayers, but ask for privacy during this difficult time.”

The couple talked to People, and the [url="http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20552173,00.html"]magazine reports[/url] that “[t]his was their second miscarriage; Michelle lost her baby during her second pregnancy. She was taking oral birth control at the time and cites this as one reason the couple together decided to leave the number of children they have ‘up to God.’”

When [url="http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/tlc/2011_Nov_08_duggars-pregnant-again"]the Duggars announced they were pregnant[/url] in early November on national television, reports noted how fraught with problems her 19th pregnancy was, which led to the child being born three and a half months prematurely and suffering medical complications.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1323385269' post='1072317']
Jim Bob needs a vasectomy instead of putting his wife's body through the wringer.

Oh, but that might make Jesus cry.

Idiot...
[/quote]

His wife was part of the decision to have that many kids.

If they can legitimately provide for them - food, clothing, healthy home life, love, etc. then more power to them.

We have way bigger problems with the every day family having 2-3 kids that have to sleep on the floor, eat 1 meal a day, go to school hungry, etc. because the parents are dead beats more than we do with the Duggars having 19 or 20 kids.

My wife hauls these kids to school every day. That is a MUCH bigger issue than this. She has one... the house has no (zero) heat... but the father (if you want to call him that) has a room heater that he takes to his bedroom at night so he's warm while ALL the kids and wife sleep in other rooms with nothing. That type of shit. We're buying a girl on her bus a set of bunkbeds for christmas so her and her sister don't sleep on the floor anymore... Pretty damn sad really.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1323442394' post='1072538']
If they can legitimately provide for them - food, clothing, healthy home life, love, etc. then more power to them.

We have way bigger problems with the every day family having 2-3 kids that have to sleep on the floor, eat 1 meal a day, go to school hungry, etc. because the parents are dead beats more than we do with the Duggars having 19 or 20 kids.

My wife hauls these kids to school every day. That is a MUCH bigger issue than this. She has one... the house has no (zero) heat... but the father (if you want to call him that) has a room heater that he takes to his bedroom at night so he's warm while ALL the kids and wife sleep in other rooms with nothing. That type of shit. [b]We're buying a girl on her bus a set of bunkbeds for christmas so her and her sister don't sleep on the floor anymore...[/b] Pretty damn sad really.
[/quote]

:41:

If they can legitimately provide for them - food, clothing, healthy home life, [b]love[/b], etc. then more power to them.
[/quote]

They're neglected as fuck. Probly resentful for having so many siblings around.

There is more to it than financially providing though, I have to believe some of those older kids are basically raising the younger ones, 19 kids is too many to do menial tasks for every one of them without help from the older kids, things like helping with homework for example...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1323444323' post='1072542']

:41:
[/quote]
Just to be clear... I wasn't attempting to toot my horn. Just providing real-world examples that are going on around all of us WAY more important than the Duggar's having enough family members for their own football game.

My wife hauls these kids to school every day. That is a MUCH bigger issue than this. She has one... the house has no (zero) heat... but the father (if you want to call him that) has a room heater that he takes to his bedroom at night so he's warm while ALL the kids and wife sleep in other rooms with nothing. That type of shit. We're buying a girl on her bus a set of bunkbeds for christmas so her and her sister don't sleep on the floor anymore... Pretty damn sad really.
[/quote]

How on earth has no court stepped in for neglect with him?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1323448404' post='1072562']

They're neglected as fuck. Probly resentful for having so many siblings around.
[/quote]

You know that how?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323448524' post='1072564']
There is more to it than financially providing though, I have to believe some of those older kids are basically raising the younger ones, 19 kids is too many to do menial tasks for every one of them without help from the older kids, things like helping with homework for example...
[/quote]

This happens in families MUCH smaller than what they have now... it is a non-issue, especially with women working full time jobs now. Heck, I'm one of 6 and my 3 older sisters helped, significantly, in raising me.

Again, my point is only to say that I can guarantee there are 50 families within 15 minutes of ALL OF US that have kids with a home life 1000x worse than the Duggars.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1323448526' post='1072565']
Just to be clear... I wasn't attempting to toot my horn. Just providing real-world examples that are going on around all of us WAY more important than the Duggar's having enough family members for their own football game.
[/quote]

And yet those families rarely ever get front-page coverage on Yahoo! and elsewhere.

Which do you think is more deserving of the attention? :mellow:

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323448726' post='1072568']

How on earth has no court stepped in for neglect with him?
[/quote]

TBH, I have no idea - and don't know the legal comings and goings. As a bus driver all she can do is report it to the student's teachers, the school principal, and to the central office. She's done that all year. Multiple times. But, again, that is just one instance. It is beyond sad.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1323448741' post='1072569']

You know that how?

This happens in families MUCH smaller than what they have now... it is a non-issue, especially with women working full time jobs now. Heck, I'm one of 6 and my 3 older sisters helped, significantly, in raising me.

Again, my point is only to say that I can guarantee there are 50 families within 15 minutes of ALL OF US that have kids with a home life 1000x worse than the Duggars.
[/quote]

It's just my opinion but kids should be allowed to be kids, and not basically a 2nd or 3rd parent.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1323448868' post='1072572']

TBH, I have no idea - and don't know the legal comings and goings. As a bus driver all she can do is report it to the student's teachers, the school principal, and to the central office. She's done that all year. Multiple times. But, again, that is just one instance. It is beyond sad.
[/quote]

Not allowed to make a phone call to child services?

You know that how?

[/quote]

Well, I know first hand it blows having to help raise a sibling. Absolutely blows. So I can just imagine like 10 toddlers around and you are the oldest. Fuck that.

I kind of hate my little sister for being born.

:ninja:

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1323448771' post='1072570']

And yet those families rarely ever get front-page coverage on Yahoo! and elsewhere.

Which do you think is more deserving of the attention? :mellow:
[/quote]

Not disagreeing with that in any way... but, quite honestly, it is easier for us to ignore it I would guess. People would rather read about the Duggars than see pictures of a family living in a shit hole. And, in the experiences we've seen 9 out of 10 times the parents are dead beats... plain and simple.

Does the fact that the Duggars are on Yahoo front page and the others aren't change the baser facts though? Those kids are a hell of a lot better off I'd say.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323448975' post='1072574']

It's just my opinion but kids should be allowed to be kids, and not basically a 2nd or 3rd parent.

Not allowed to make a phone call to child services?
[/quote]

I'll agree with the kids should be kids aspect and are for the most part... but it isn't reality even with 4-5 kid homes... older siblings end up helping younger siblings.

I'll have to have her check into if something like that could be done anonymously... she's not allowed to go that route "as a school system employee" though...

This happens in families MUCH smaller than what they have now... it is a non-issue, especially with women working full time jobs now. [b] Heck, I'm one of 6 and my 3 older sisters helped, significantly, in raising me.[/b]

[/quote]

You got the good side of that trade. My little sister was spoiled as fuck. You had 3 sisters and parents taking care of you. That's badass for you.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1323449245' post='1072579']

I'll agree with the kids should be kids aspect and are for the most part... but it isn't reality even with 4-5 kid homes... older siblings end up helping younger siblings.
[/quote]

Yes it is, thats why for me anyway, i wouldnt go more than 3.

By the way sois isnt 19 kids pretty average for your people?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323449624' post='1072584']

Yes it is, thats why for me anyway, i wouldnt go more than 3.

By the way sois isnt 19 kids pretty average for your people?

[/quote]

ahahahahahahaha yes, that's why it blows so much balls. I was at the top of the goddamn pile.

Maybe that's why I do'nt like kids, I already had to deal with them.

Michael Weston, do another profile on me, psychology me up.

Archived