Duggars have child number 19 coming

Go Skins

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32630876/ns/today-parenting_and_family/?GT1=43001

After 18 children, Michelle Duggar thought she knew what it feels like to be pregnant. But even she was caught by surprise to learn that just eight months after she gave birth to Jordyn-Grace, Duggar baby No. 19 is on the way.

“We are thrilled to announce that we found out we’re expecting our 19th child,” a glowing Michelle Duggar told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira Tuesday from the family’s home in Springdale, Ark.

Michelle and family patriarch Jim Bob Duggar sat on the staircase of their home, surrounded by their 18 other children. Behind them and in the center were eldest son Josh and his wife, Anna, who is expecting the first Duggar grandchild — a girl — on Oct. 18.

[quote name='sois' date='01 September 2009 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1251813288' post='796838']
As long as they can afford them, that's fine by me.

Although, if I was a kid sitting in an orphanage, I'd be pissed.

:steelerssuck:
[/quote]

I dont know how they could afford it.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='01 September 2009 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1251822282' post='796905']
I dont know how they could afford it.
[/quote]

I think the article says the raise the litter on a $2,000 month budget and live within those means. That's good.

Some people really take this "be fruitful and multiply" thing to seriously. Isn't that from the old testament anyway? Doesn't that mean it only applies to Jews? That is also at the beginning of the bible so it might be only applicable to the Garden of Eden folks. Why do people think they still need to do this today?

While I personally think 19 kids is too many for one family to have...

I suppose it isn't anybody's business except their own. If they're supporting them all and providing then, go for it.

Are they on government assistance of any sort? If not, I don't see how anyone should have anything to say.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='01 September 2009 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1251824492' post='796926']

I suppose it isn't anybody's business except their own. If they're supporting them all and providing then, go for it.

Are they on government assistance of any sort? If not, [b]I don't see how anyone should have anything to say.[/b]
[/quote]
I hope you mean besides gaping vagina jokes.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='01 September 2009 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1251824492' post='796926']

[b]Are they on government assistance of any sort?[/b] If not, I don't see how anyone should have anything to say.
[/quote]

Well, he was a state legislator for a few years, he may be getting a pension for that.

Otherwise, I don't think so.

[quote name='esjbh2' date='01 September 2009 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1251839451' post='797009']
Wasn't it Groucho Marx that said "I like my cigar, but I take it out every once in a while". :D

I have my hands full with only two, I can't even imagine that many kids. ;)
[/quote]
If Monica Lewinsky had given birth to that many Clinton babies, the world would be a better place...and cigar sizes would have increased their width tenfold....

I'll give you a +1 for that ambiguously pro-Clinton comment, which I found shocking considering the source.

Seriously, though. I wonder how much Arkansas has tried to pay these folks to move to Texas or Louisiana. That's got to be shaming for any civilized person from that state.

Love the show, by the way. Jinger is a real fox. The problem is, though, that at 16, she's already considered an "old maid" in Arkansas.

• 2 years later...
And child number #20 is coming.....I bet they will go for #21 to get Blackjack:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20543449,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20111108-20543449

They're going for an even 20!

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, stars of TLC's [i]19 Kids and Counting[/i], are expecting their 20th child this spring.

"We are so excited," says Michelle, 45, who is now about three-and-a-half months into her pregnancy and due in April. "I feel good. I am past the sickness stage now."

The Tontitown, Ark., couple, who are parents to children Joshua, 23 (who is married to Anna, 23 and [url="http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20502797,00.html"]has two children[/url], Mackynzie, 2 and Michael, 4 months), twins Jana and John-David, 21; Jill, 20; Jessa, 19; Jinger, 17; Joseph, 16; Josiah, 15; Joy-Anna, 14; twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, 12; Jason, 11; James, 10; Justin, 8; Jackson, 7; Johanna, 6; Jennifer, 4; and Jordyn, 3, weathered the medical emergency of their youngest daughter, Josie's [url="http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20326804,00.html"]birth on Dec. 10, 2009[/url].

She was born following Michelle's [url="http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20325363,00.html"]preeclampsia diagnosis[/url] at a mere 25 weeks, weighing only 1lb., 6 oz.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1251824492' post='796926']

Are they on government assistance of any sort? If not, I don't see how anyone should have anything to say.
[/quote]

they made it everyone's business when they decided to be on tv!

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1320762816' post='1058702']
Those parents have brain damage. 19 kids = [size=5][b]some are being neglected.[/b][/size] Fuck them.
[/quote]

this is how i feel. you have the older kids raising the others etc.....there is a point where it is no longer God's work. Now I think it is at the point of greed and fame. those poor kids.

I bet they will go for number 21 just to get blackjack.

I think they were into real estate way back when and somehow built a fortune that way. I still don't think something adds up, especially since they had (or may still have) a show on TLC.

Archived