!!!OFFICIAL COLTS @ BENGALS PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='03 September 2009 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1252030460' post='797950']
did Michael Johnson play tonight? Haven't heard his name called.
[/quote]

I don't recall seeing him.

He has no stats according to NFL Game Center . . .

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009090353/2009/PRE4/colts@bengals/preview#tab:analyze

[quote name='bengaled' date='03 September 2009 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1252031114' post='797960']
as lap said earlier, somebody has to be deep at CB/TE...somebody that needs some RB help. it would be a good time for a trade.
[/quote]
Bad News. PFT is reporting that the Saints best TE last year just went down and it doesn't look good. They already lost another, so all they have left is Shockey. Now, if you're a recently released valuable free agent and teams that are hungry for a TE and willing to pay top dollar (ok, so maybe that wouldn't be us anyway, lol) come calling, who are you going to want to play for? The team that was 1st in the NFL in offense last year, or 31st?
So we'll be getting the second best FA?

Yeah it would be nice if we could trade one of our backs but I doubt it will happen because other teams probably anticipate a decent one to be cut. I remember in 2003 I think when the team was trying to decide whether to cut Curtis Keaton or Rudi Johnson (with Keaton being the favorite to stay), and they ended up trading him to the Saints for a 6th round pick or something. Good think we had Rudi though since Corey got injured that year, and Bennett ended up sucking ass as the lead back.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='04 September 2009 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1252037335' post='797978']
yea but he gave up 3 pass plays on their only score of the night.
[/quote]
gotta admit, i didn't get to watch the game until the score was 7-7, so i'll take your word on that.

[quote name='bengaled' date='03 September 2009 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1252031114' post='797960']
as lap said earlier, somebody has to be deep at CB/TE...somebody that needs some RB help. it would be a good time for a trade.
[/quote]

unless someone is DYING to get either DeDe or Brian specifically they have no reason to trade... they know we are going to release one of them.. just as we may know they HAVE to release someone as well..

if anyone did the research on getting a deep team at those spots a trade, knows they have to cut one..

so a trade by tomorrow night seems unlikely.. its roster cutdown day..

wishful thinking dave.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='03 September 2009 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1252038342' post='797983']
unless someone is DYING to get either DeDe or Brian specifically they have no reason to trade... they know we are going to release one of them.. just as we may know they HAVE to release someone as well..

if anyone did the research on getting a deep team at those spots a trade, knows they have to cut one..

so a trade by tomorrow night seems unlikely.. its roster cutdown day..

wishful thinking dave.
[/quote]
Only chance is if some good team wants to bypass their chances with waivers. For example the Giants, who lost a RB would have to watch 20 or so teams pass on DDD. If they wanted him, the move might be interesting
to them.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='04 September 2009 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1252039765' post='797991']
Only chance is if some good team wants to bypass their chances with waivers. For example the Giants, who lost a RB would have to watch 20 or so teams pass on DDD. If they wanted him, the move might be interesting
to them.
[/quote]

true.. i never really knew the full rules of waivers and how it worked..

makes sense.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='04 September 2009 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1252039765' post='797991']
to them.
[/quote]

Also, wouldn't there be some advantage in a trade since we have them under contract? If we cut them - terminate their contract - wouldn't any team that claims them have to renegotiate, with other teams possibly bidding against them?

I don't really know if that's how it works, but if so that's one reason to work out a trade.

[quote name='T-Dub' date='04 September 2009 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1252040142' post='797993']
Also, wouldn't there be some advantage in a trade since we have them under contract? If we cut them - terminate their contract - wouldn't any team that claims them have to renegotiate, with other teams possibly bidding against them?

I don't really know if that's how it works, but if so that's one reason to work out a trade.
[/quote]

If you grab a guy on waivers you grab them with their contract. Its an interesting caveat and a great reason to nab other teams draft picks ie David Jones.

To not keep Leonard and Dorsey would be a waste. Both are very special and RBs are oft injured. To add to that Dorsey can play a ton of special teams and Leonard can back up at FB. Not keeping 4 rbs over Fui would be a mistake. If teams are biting at the bit to get Fui we still have Pressley for PS.

Archived