WEEK 1 Still Not a Sell Out

Week 1 @ PBS NOT SOLD OUT  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Reason for the game not being sold out?

• Lack of star power
    • Bad Year Last Year
    • Lack of fan Support
    • Bad Economy
    • Other (Explain Below)

So as we all know the game still hasnt been sold out and the NFL has given us bengal fans until 1pm tomarow to sell out the game so that it is not blacked out. I have just been wondering how is this possible....its week 1 ..football is back people...and we are looking better then ever (or for a very long while) so what is with the lack of support for our home opener. I would be there in a heartbeat if i lived in cincy but sadly i live in MD and so happen to go to college in Baltimore so i am just so happening to be working at the Ravens game for my baseball teams fundraising...so as im going to be sitting in a sold out M&T bank stadium with all the red neck ravens fans wearing purple camo outfits like they have on every year...why is that we on the otherhand seem to be having this problem for our opener of all games to extend our streak... Not to mention we have a very good possibilty of winning

WHO DEY!!!

I read a recent enquirer there are over 100,000 people in the Greater Cincinnati area without jobs.

[quote]On any given day, more than 100,000 adults are unemployed and looking for work in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. At least 70,000 more are overqualified in low-skill jobs - or so discouraged by the dismal job market that they've given up the hunt.[/quote]

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090903/EDIT03/909060316

That's basically 1/4 of the area population. Don't even think that is counting Dayton folks, who also frequent Bengals games.

Because there are more people like me than not. That being a loyal diehard that is finally nearing the end of putting up with the teams non sense.

If you've been on this board for awhile you have likley already read one of my posts on the subject so I will not go into detail here. All I will say is the timeline from 05 thorugh 08 has truely brought forth the front office issues that are keeping this team and this city down.

You only need to look at the lack of identifying and actively addressing the needs of this team since 2005. No replacement for Braham despite him on several one year contracts. Levi handed the job in 08 after not getting it done in 07 after not getting it done in 06. Rudi, O'Neal and Willie being cut and nothing being done to improve the team with that money. The franchising of Andrews when he had failed to win a starting spot and after he had refused for 2 yrs to extend. Not to mention the waiting for Thurman to return, not adressing teh 3rd corner spot in 08 and now 09. The refusal to trade a 30 yr old loudmouth wide out for two #1 draft picks and the just recent lowball of a number 1 draft pick.

In a nut shell there is NO WAY this team should not have had a 5-7 yr run with Carson at the helm.

No way Levi should have started teh last 2 seasons.
No way Guycheck should ahve been teh starter going into 07.
No way they shoould ahve made Andrews a franchise player.
There is NO WAY this team should have lowballed the #6 pick less than last years #6 pick.

Many people here may think this is a minority opinion. I will tell you ------ stadium have lost many a die hard that had bleed their heart, soul and money to that organization for so many years. There done and barring a miracle, this will be my last season.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='10 September 2009 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1252619741' post='800327']
I read a recent enquirer there are over 100,000 people in the Greater Cincinnati area without jobs.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090903/EDIT03/909060316

That's basically 1/4 of the area population. Don't even think that is counting Dayton folks, who also frequent Bengals games.
[/quote]
there are 2.5 million people in greater cincinnati not 400,000. I still think its the economy though, of my friends i know of 10 season tickets and one luxury box that were given up this year due to the economy. If the economy was good, they would still have the tickets and box no matter what the record is

[quote name='whodey319' date='10 September 2009 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1252623538' post='800336']
there are 2.5 million people in greater cincinnati not 400,000. I still think its the economy though, of my friends i know of 10 season tickets and one luxury box that were given up this year due to the economy. If the economy was good, they would still have the tickets and box no matter what the record is
[/quote]

yea my bad, the 400,000 (364,000 to be more exact) is just for the city limits.

100,000 unemployed people is still about 100,000 too many though.

[quote name='cwing' date='10 September 2009 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1252622682' post='800333']
Because there are more people like me than not. That being a loyal diehard that is finally nearing the end of putting up with the teams non sense.

If you've been on this board for awhile you have likley already read one of my posts on the subject so I will not go into detail here. All I will say is the timeline from 05 thorugh 08 has truely brought forth the front office issues that are keeping this team and this city down.

You only need to look at the lack of identifying and actively addressing the needs of this team since 2005. No replacement for Braham despite him on several one year contracts. Levi handed the job in 08 after not getting it done in 07 after not getting it done in 06. Rudi, O'Neal and Willie being cut and nothing being done to improve the team with that money. The franchising of Andrews when he had failed to win a starting spot and after he had refused for 2 yrs to extend. Not to mention the waiting for Thurman to return, not adressing teh 3rd corner spot in 08 and now 09. The refusal to trade a 30 yr old loudmouth wide out for two #1 draft picks and the just recent lowball of a number 1 draft pick.

In a nut shell there is NO WAY this team should not have had a 5-7 yr run with Carson at the helm.

No way Levi should have started teh last 2 seasons.
No way Guycheck should ahve been teh starter going into 07.
No way they shoould ahve made Andrews a franchise player.
There is NO WAY this team should have lowballed the #6 pick less than last years #6 pick.

Many people here may think this is a minority opinion. I will tell you ------ stadium have lost many a die hard that had bleed their heart, soul and money to that organization for so many years. There done and barring a miracle, this will be my last season.
[/quote]

awesome...

Don't let the door hit ya!

:wave:

is there anyway of seeing how many tickets there are left to sell out the game?....cant the team itself buy the rest of the tickets, something under the table lol...last i heard there was 4,000 tickets left (per bengals.com)...profootballtalk.com said more then that...i agree with most of what everyone is saying but i think our record last year should be irrelevant considering we were without palmer and chad was injured and benson has more exp. and we added some peices etc...but yea hope it gets sold out..would be a big deal for the city the players and the team going into the season

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='11 September 2009 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1252646543' post='800591']
To be honest, I'm not buying a ticket until I get down there to scalp one...They will be half the price.
[/quote]

I doubt they'll be half price.... but you'll get better seats. If the game is blacked out, ticket prices will go up due to more demand

[quote name='whodey319' date='10 September 2009 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1252623538' post='800336']
If the economy was good, they would still have the tickets and box no matter what the record is
[/quote]

I am not saying this is not true. However, I know 4 original season ticket holders from 1968 that are no longer and it has nothing to do with the economy. I also know 5 others and not a one of was due to the economy. I do know of a few that are hanging and might not make it back after this year due to economy and I know many more thant will not be back unless something special occurs this season------ put me in this group.

[quote name='cantstop85' date='11 September 2009 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1252643156' post='800581']
is there anyway of seeing how many tickets there are left to sell out the game?....cant the team itself buy the rest of the tickets, something under the table lol...last i heard there was 4,000 tickets left (per bengals.com)...profootballtalk.com said more then that...i agree with most of what everyone is saying but i think our record last year should be irrelevant considering we were without palmer and chad was injured and benson has more exp. and we added some peices etc...but yea hope it gets sold out..would be a big deal for the city the players and the team going into the season
[/quote]

Can they, Yes. Will they --- doubt it.

[quote name='Lucid' date='10 September 2009 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1252630400' post='800364']
awesome...

Don't let the door hit ya!

:wave:
[/quote]

I comment that many already are done and I will be done barring a mircle meaning = good season, playoff run, etc... and you say "Don't let the door hit ya!

So your predicting another bad year?

[quote name='Actium' date='10 September 2009 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1252618824' post='800326']
(Especially Bad Economy in OH) + (4-11-1) + (Not Especially Interesting Opponent) = No Sellout
[/quote]

As you mention, there are many reasons.

Others...

- 1 winning season in 18 years
- frustration over ownership
- some of the $'s have moved up the hill (increase in season tickets sold at Nippert this year)

[quote name='cwing' date='11 September 2009 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1252685387' post='800719']
I am not saying this is not true. However, I know 4 original season ticket holders from 1968 that are no longer and it has nothing to do with the economy. I also know 5 others and not a one of was due to the economy. I do know of a few that are hanging and might not make it back after this year due to economy and I know many more thant will not be back unless something special occurs this season------ put me in this group.
[/quote]

do any of you girls jumping ship have decent seats?

gobengals needs an upgrade..

in roughly on the goalline lower level bengals side.. i just want closer to the 50..

cant find any of the nancy girls jumping ship that were bandwagoners in the first place with poopy seats..

killin me..

wish i had more cash at the time.. coulda been 1 section closer to the middle..seat license was more tho..

[quote name='whodey1971' date='11 September 2009 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1252685939' post='800726']
As you mention, there are many reasons.

Others...

- 1 winning season in 18 years
- frustration over ownership
- some of the s have moved up the hill (increase in season tickets sold at Nippert this year)
[/quote]

had the same ownership during the sellout streak,

and had NO winning seasons in so many years when the streak starter and only one during it as well..

seems those two are less of a point than you wish they were.

2 wins in the first 3 weeks and the season is sold out fa sho..

the fickle little girls who jumped off after jumping on will jump off again..

id bet 30% of fans who dont visit a message board would say the owner is Paul Brown right now.

and high percentage would say the bengals have never won a playoff game.

fans are fickle and dont know much.... this city isnt big eonugh to have 65,000 die hard football fans..

Archived