Goodell is such a douche

MULLY

I don't understand how Goodell is the douche here. Does anyone actually think that Rush Limbaugh having any affiliation with an NFL team, whether as a minority owner or a major shareholder, would be a wise business move for the NFL? 60% of the people in this country are too smart to see him as anything else than a Father Coughlin-style demagogue whose "entertainment" consists of misogyny and race-baiting. The RNC Chairmain called his dialogue "incendiary" and "ugly" IIRC, and this is a guy you want running an NFL team?

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1257277736' post='822651']
I don't understand how Goodell is the douche here. Does anyone actually think that Rush Limbaugh having any affiliation with an NFL team, whether as a minority owner or a major shareholder, would be a wise business move for the NFL? 60% of the people in this country are too smart to see him as anything else than a Father Coughlin-style demagogue whose "entertainment" consists of misogyny and race-baiting. The RNC Chairmain called his dialogue "incendiary" and "ugly" IIRC, and this is a guy you want running an NFL team?
[/quote]

You are kidding right?

If you are going to "hold the line of character" to hold Limbaugh out you better be ready to analyze all you have let in....

Wow...talk about your double standards.

Holding someone back from a business venture because of their political views...Is that really freedom?

As I've heard Rush say numerous times re: Unions, "Private Corporations can do whatever they want."

Let me reiterate this:
[u]Does anyone actually think that Rush Limbaugh having any affiliation with an NFL team, whether as a minority owner or a major shareholder, would be a wise business move for the NFL? [/u]

and follow with this:
JLo doesn't own any part of the Dolphins. Marc Antony (hence the confusion), Venus and Serena Williams, Fergie, and Gloria Estefan own a very small combined minorty (Stephen Ross owns 95%). They were clearly allowed part-ownership to make the NFL in Miami more hip, especially to the Hispanic population. Do you honestly think that
[i]any[/i] Dolphins fans or players are mad that these people are part-owners of the team? Do you think that the NFL is worried about legitimate dolphin fans (and not just douchebags who strife for the sake of strife) protesting Fergie owning 1/2 of a % of their team? If this asshole representative wanted to go after an owner who actually holds sway in the NFL, he should have mention Al Davis, who has had a littany of comments that a reasonable man wouldn't make.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='03 November 2009 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1257282094' post='822698']
You are kidding right?

If you are going to "hold the line of character" to hold Limbaugh out you better be ready to analyze all you have let in....

Wow...talk about your double standards.

Holding someone back from a business venture because of their political views...Is that really freedom?
[/quote]

Who said anything about freedom? Fuck freedom; this is business. The guy has made a living by intentionally offending people, and it should come as no surprise when the NFL decides to not associate with him. The best case scenario is the NFL gets a more blustery and offensive version of Mark Cuban. Instead, Limbaugh can take his millions and invest in some more OxyContin - everybody wins!

Also, as hare-brained as Jennifer Lopez and Ferbie are, they are right about the CIA.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' date='03 November 2009 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1257290643' post='822767']
The guy has made a living by intentionally offending people, and it should come as no surprise when the NFL decides to not associate with him.
[/quote]
Right...does anyone think that Hugh Hefner or Larry Flint would be allowed to part-own an NFL team? They are both democrats. Would douchebag hick-town [i]liberal[/i] representatives call political bias on the NFL for that?

Didn't think so.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' date='03 November 2009 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1257290643' post='822767']
Ferbie
[/quote]
Lulz

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1257290372' post='822765']
As I've heard Rush say numerous times re: Unions, "Private Corporations can do whatever they want."

Let me reiterate this:
[u]Does anyone actually think that Rush Limbaugh having any affiliation with an NFL team, whether as a minority owner or a major shareholder, would be a wise business move for the NFL? [/u]

and follow with this:
JLo doesn't own any part of the Dolphins. Marc Antony (hence the confusion), Venus and Serena Williams, Fergie, and Gloria Estefan own a very small combined minorty (Stephen Ross owns 95%). They were clearly allowed part-ownership to make the NFL in Miami more hip, especially to the Hispanic population. Do you honestly think that
[i]any[/i] Dolphins fans or players are mad that these people are part-owners of the team? Do you think that the NFL is worried about legitimate dolphin fans (and not just douchebags who strife for the sake of strife) protesting Fergie owning 1/2 of a % of their team? If this asshole representative wanted to go after an owner who actually holds sway in the NFL, he should have mention Al Davis, who has had a littany of comments that a reasonable man wouldn't make.
[/quote]

Does it matter if they are mad? really?

Is a double standard a double standard or not?

Is it ok for someone to "violate" certain aspects of Goodell's "detrimental mental to the league" bullshit because they are more hip?

Come on...seriously. Is that what America is coming too?? or have we are already arrived.

I think NWA should get back together....do Fuck the Police 3 and buy a stake in the Raiders.

They were hip back in the day for all the suburban white boys as well....

or does anyone really care who owns the teams and Limbaugh was simply paid a vendetta for his political views?

I am willing to bet on the latter....

Who said anything about freedom? Fuck freedom; this is business.[size="5"][b] The guy has made a living by intentionally offending people, and it should come as no surprise when the NFL decides to not associate with him.[/b][/size] The best case scenario is the NFL gets a more blustery and offensive version of Mark Cuban. Instead, Limbaugh can take his millions and invest in some more OxyContin - everybody wins!

Also, as hare-brained as Jennifer Lopez and Ferbie are, they are right about the CIA.
[/quote]

this is pretty much the whole argument..

i know no one at the nfl cares about the black QB comments... or whatever else rush says on the air.

but rush's entire life is centered around pissing people off and being taboo in his thoughts and stirring up shit.

this is the polar opposite of what is desired in an nfl owner.

this is also an argument thats tough to legally make in a business setting..so you have to use specifics. which individually are pretty weak arguments..

however im sure if they paid someone to go over rush last 10years, youd have about 5,000 comments that offend damn near every race, religion and opinion of just about everyone in the country.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='03 November 2009 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1257291477' post='822777']
Does it matter if they are mad? really?

Is a double standard a double standard or not?

Is it ok for someone to "violate" certain aspects of Goodell's "detrimental mental to the league" bullshit because they are more hip?

Come on...seriously. Is that what America is coming too?? or have we are already arrived.

I think NWA should get back together....do Fuck the Police 3 and buy a stake in the Raiders.

They were hip back in the day for all the suburban white boys as well....

or does anyone really care who owns the teams and Limbaugh was simply paid a vendetta for his political views?

I am willing to bet on the latter....
[/quote]
Obviously public sentiment is paramount in the entertainment industry, which the NFL is part of. and from a practical standpoint, how many Free Agents can you think of who would be busting their butts to try and play for Limbaugh?

This shit in the middle about the NWA just indicates how old you are, more than anything else.

and finally, what proof do you have that Goodell is conservative? He is married to Sam Skinner's daughter (as in Former White House Chief of Staff Sam Skinner), and she is a Faux News anchor, btw. The NFL owners are very literally a "Good ol' Boy's Club," and the [u]only[/u] owner that I can verify is not a registered Republican is Seahawk's owner Paul Allen.

The move to keep Limbaugh from partially owning a team was voted on by the owners, and had much more to do with making money than making a political point.

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1257292474' post='822785']
Obviously public sentiment is paramount in the entertainment industry, which the NFL is part of. and from a practical standpoint, how many Free Agents can you think of who would be busting their butts to try and play for Limbaugh?

This shit in the middle about the NWA just indicates how old you are, more than anything else.

and finally, what proof do you have that Goodell is conservative? He is married to Sam Skinner's daughter (as in Former White House Chief of Staff Sam Skinner), and she is a Faux News anchor, btw. The NFL owners are very literally a "Good ol' Boy's Club," and the [u]only[/u] owner that I can verify is not a registered Republican is Seahawk's owner Paul Allen.

The move to keep Limbaugh from partially owning a team was voted on by the owners, and had much more to do with making money than making a political point.
[/quote]

In that clip alone....

Was Goodell's argument for the NFL keeping Limbaugh out plausible? or did he stutter and stammer because he knew he had no real argument?

Was what Limbaugh said about McNabb racist?

It is a shame we live in a society that we have to hide from the truth for fear of offending someone.

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1257292552' post='822788']
Also, does Rush have the business sense to run an NFL team? He isn't college educated, you know.
[/quote]

He was not going to be the primary owner.

Do you think that what Limbaugh said about black coaches and quarterbacks was true? I guess what he said wasn't racists in and of itself, but there is a lot implied in "I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well."

That statement reflects the worldview of a man who shouldn't be allowed to own an NFL team.

and yeah, Gooddell stammered and stuttered because he wasn't going to say "Having Rush Limbaugh associated with the league would cost us money because Rush Limbaugh says stupid shit"

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1257293865' post='822801']
Do you think that what Limbaugh said about black coaches and quarterbacks was true? I guess what he said wasn't racists in and of itself, but there is a lot implied in "I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well."

That statement reflects the worldview of a man who shouldn't be allowed to own an NFL team.

and yeah, Gooddell stammered and stuttered because he wasn't going to say "Having Rush Limbaugh associated with the league would cost us money because Rush Limbaugh says stupid shit"
[/quote]

So you are saying that stating the truth is being a racist?

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1257294605' post='822805']
Break down what you just said in a logical manner, and I would be happy to respond. At present, however, I'm not sure where you are coming from. :)
[/quote]

I believe at the time he made the statement that the media wanted to see a black QB such as Donovan McNabb succeed because it made for a good story.

At the time, we really had only ever had one successful black QB in Doug Williams and that was really only for one game.

The media loves stories like that....period.

Limbaugh's quote:

McNabb, he said, is "overrated ... what we have here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback can do well—black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well."

"There's a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team.

Where is the racism?

Did he say McNabb is inferior because he is black?

Did he say McNabb should not be an NFL QB because he is black?

Honestly, we live in a ridiculous society where true observations can not be made because the minute someone says "black" or "hispanic" or whatever alarms go off and red sirens flash everywhere....

The reason Limbaugh has been avoided as a potential owner is because of this propensity to generate controversy. Whether it's right or wrong, can you imagine any other sportscaster referencing race in an analysis of football and not getting criticized? Had he made that same statement on his program, no one would have cared.

Keith Olbermann was one of the best sportscasters on ESPN and he does a hell of a job on Sunday nights. A big reason for this is because he doesn't let his political views cloud his coverage [i]of a game[/i] and keeps his foot out of his mouth.

What he was implying was that it was the media, and not the accomplishments of black quarterbacks and coaches, was responsible for the success of black quarterbacks and coaches in the NFL. That this particular group of people weren't qualified to assume leadership roles in the NFL and thereby needed a media controversy or coverup to do so.

Of course, he also said "The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
Source: http://www.indystar.com/article/20091014/SPORTS03/910140374/1004/RSS02

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1257296104' post='822813']
The reason Limbaugh has been avoided as a potential owner is because of this propensity to generate controversy. Whether it's right or wrong, can you imagine any other sportscaster referencing race in an analysis of football and not getting criticized? Had he made that same statement on his program, no one would have cared.

Keith Olbermann was one of the best sportscasters on ESPN and he does a hell of a job on Sunday nights. A big reason for this is because he doesn't let his political views cloud his coverage [i]of a game[/i] and keeps his foot out of his mouth.

[b]What he was implying was that it was the media, and not the accomplishments of black quarterbacks and coaches, was responsible for the success of black quarterbacks and coaches in the NFL. That this particular group of people weren't qualified to assume leadership roles in the NFL and thereby needed a media controversy or coverup to do so[/b].

[b]
Of course, he also said "The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."[/b]
[/quote]

Did you just dream that up yourself? Seriously? That is what you read from that?

Where did he say McNabb was not qualified...overrated: yes not qualified: No.

I think you just made it clear that you have a predisposition to read between the lines the worst possible meaning in anything Limbaugh says.

The second part was proven to be a complete fabrication in which he received an apology.

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1257296104' post='822813']

[b]What he was implying was that it was the media, and not the accomplishments of black quarterbacks and coaches, was responsible for the success of black quarterbacks and coaches in the NFL. That this particular group of people weren't qualified to assume leadership roles in the NFL and thereby needed a media controversy or coverup to do so[/b].

[b]
Of course, he also said "The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."[/b]
[/quote]

Did you just dream that up yourself? Seriously? That is what you read from that?

Where did he say McNabb was not qualified?...overrated: yes not qualified: No.

I think you just made it clear that you have a predisposition to read between the lines the worst possible meaning in anything Limbaugh says.

The second part was proven to be a complete fabrication in which he received an apology.

[b]What he was implying was that it was the media, and not the accomplishments of black quarterbacks and coaches, was responsible for the success of black quarterbacks and coaches in the NFL. That this particular group of people weren't qualified to assume leadership roles in the NFL and thereby needed a media controversy or coverup to do so.
[/b]

[b]Of course, he also said "The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='03 November 2009 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1257296835' post='822816']

[/quote]
Explain what he means when he says the media is "desirous."
..and why he just said black quarterbacks and head coaches. In the early '80s, he could have added "black middle linebackers" to that list.

What's a more serious problem, though: My malicious "predispositions" or the deep-seated paranoia of Rush and all of his Dittoheads to blame a liberal bias for anything that doesn't develop in their favor?

Also, he said the 2nd part on January 19th, 2007. Whoops!
Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/01/20/rush-limbaugh-classless-players-look-like-bloods-and-crips/23
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011907/content/quotes.LogIn.html

[quote name='#22' date='03 November 2009 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1257297634' post='822823']
Explain what he means when he says the media is "desirous."
..and why he just said black quarterbacks and head coaches. In the early '80s, he could have added "black middle linebackers" to that list.

What's a more serious problem, though: My malicious "predispositions" or the deep-seated paranoia of Rush and all of his Dittoheads to blame a liberal bias for anything that doesn't develop in their favor?
[b]
Also, he said the 2nd part on January 19th, 2007. Whoops![/b]
Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/01/20/rush-limbaugh-classless-players-look-like-bloods-and-crips/23
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011907/content/quotes.LogIn.html
[/quote]
Main Entry: de·sir·ous
Pronunciation: \di-ˈzī(-ə)r-əs\
Function: adjective
Date: 14th century

: impelled or governed by desire

The media was governed by desire for a black QB to do well.

The second part I tried to fix but the site went down in the mean time.

If you look at the entire conversation that holds what he said, there was nothing racist. Period.

[quote]Rush Limbaugh’s “NFL… Bloods and the Crips…” Quote in FULL Context

This quote has been completely taken out of context by the usual racists and race hustlers to smear Rush Limbaugh. Well, here’s the quote in FULL context. You can decide for yourself if it makes Rush “racist”:

The Classless NFL Culture
January 19, 2007

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

CALLER: I’ve listened to you since September 11th, and I find that I almost always agree with you. I’d say I only disagree with you about 1.5% of the time coincidentally enough. But the reason I’m calling today, sir, is I wanted to get your thoughts regarding what LaDainian Tomlinson had to say about Bill Belichick this past week.

RUSH: Okay, I’m going to take your call, I’m going to use this to expand the answer to incorporate all of the National Football League if you don’t mind.

CALLER: Not at all.

RUSH: To set the table for people who do not know, after the Chargers and Patriots game, the Chargers sitting around moping, all depressed, because they had the game won, it was just all kinds of stupid mistakes, and let me tell you what happened. Some of the Patriots went to midfield where the Chargers logo is and started doing an imitation of a victory dance done by Chargers player Shawne Merriman after he sacks a quarterback. Now, here are the Chargers who have lost a game they should have won, who lost a game precisely because of the same kind of behavior they’re ripping the Patriots for, and LaDainian Tomlinson says that was classless, (paraphrasing) “We went in there, we beat them twice on their field and we didn’t disrespect them. This obviously comes from the head coach,” meaning Belichick. LaDainian Tomlinson was accusing Belichick of ordering his players and creating a culture that would make it okay for players to go on the field and taunt and so forth and so on.

Now, LaDainian Tomlinson to me is the classiest player in the National Football League. He doesn’t do a dance, he doesn’t spike the ball when he scores. He and Marvin Harrison are the two most classy individuals playing in the National Football League today, in skill positions. They just hand the ball back to the referee. They act like they’ve been there and done that, like scoring a touchdown is no big deal, they don’t taunt, they don’t act like they’ve been dissed or any of this. Let me tell you, the Chargers would not have lost that game were it not for a bunch of — I gotta be very careful here. It’s not just irresponsible, but there is a cultural problem in the NFL that has resulted in a total lack of class on the part of professional players.

There was a play where Brady was third and long, he was sacked, fumbled the ball, the Patriots recovered it, it will be fourth and long, forcing an interesting decision late in the game by the Patriots. After the play is over, a Chargers player gets in the face of a Patriots player, head butts him and starts jawing. This is the reason these guys are getting shot in bars, folks, late at night. Fifteen-yard penalty, automatic first down. So for the Chargers to complain about the lack of class by the Patriots, I found laughable. I think something ought to be done about it, because I love the game of football, and I don’t like the kind of culture that’s taking over, that “you can’t diss me, you can’t disrespect me.” After every sack, players are acting like they’ve won the Super Bowl, and they’re prancing around with these idiotic dances. The latest thing is to act like they’re making a jump shot in basketball. It’s all done to taunt; it’s all done to taunt the other team’s fans.

I don’t want boring football. I don’t want the no-fun league, but you can certainly have great football games without a lack of class. I don’t know how it’s been allowed to happen this way. I guess the coaches don’t feel confident to continue — this was very rare for the Patriots to act the way they did, and who knows what led to it. I don’t think of Belichick as that kind of coach, but Tomlinson’s words reverberated around the league. A lot of people said, “I’m glad he said something, because Belichick is getting away here with an image that he doesn’t deserve.” I’ve played golf with Belichick; he’s a mild-mannered, soft-spoken man. I even saw him at a cocktail party here in Palm Beach before dinner one night. That whole organization to me exudes class, as does Tom Brady, and you don’t see them doing this kind of stuff.

One of the reasons the Pittsburgh Steelers had trouble this year was a total lack of discipline, in addition to all their turnovers, total lack of discipline, 15-yard penalties, unnecessary roughness, taunting after plays are over, after successful defensive stands, they blow it. There’s something culturally wrong here that is leading to all this. It’s gotta be dealt with at the top, because it simply is classless. I can I understand LaDainian Tomlinson being upset because he doesn’t do this stuff. But in the current NFL climate the best way for the Chargers to prevent that from happening is win the game and keep this insidious, ridiculous, boorish, classless behavior to a minimum so that you don’t lose it on account of that. It’s just disappointing, and it’s a mystery to me why it’s being allowed to continue. Well, actually, I understand partially why it continues, and that’s because of ESPN.

ESPN lives off this. ESPN created Terrell Owens. Terrell Owens is who he is, but if Terrell Owens weren’t constantly on television with his antics after touchdowns — I remember, I called this. You remember the Monday night game on ABC and Seattle when after scoring a touchdown, T.O. playing for the Fort’iners, pulls a Sharpie out of his sock, autographs the ball and gives it to somebody. I said, “Folks, this is going to lead to nothing but trouble.” Everybody said, “Come on, Rush, lighten up, that was funny.” It was classless. Go back and look at the greats who played this game. They would not do anything of the sort, maybe hand the ball off, but not pull a Sharpie out. Everybody started to talk about how much fun that was, ooh, how cool, how creative. Then we get Joe Horn of the United States Saints after he scored a touchdown pulling a cell phone out of his socks and faked making a phone call. Well, guess what shows up on ESPN? So these guys get validated, everybody wants to stand out, they want to get endorsement deals and so forth. So television, making stars out of people who engage in classless behavior helps lead to it and contribute to it. No question in my mind about it. I’ll bet the guy that called from El Paso did not expect this as an answer.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.[/quote]

Hence he was saying the NFL looks like a lot of gang activity on the field. He referenced two prominent gangs in today's society.....

Maybe he should have went back to the mobsters of the 20's but then Italian American's could have a protest....

or Maybe he could have went back to Roman times, but most people would have never gotten that reference and once again Italians in this day and age would be allowed to have a fit.

Do bloods and crips have the "you can’t diss me, you can’t disrespect me." attitude?

Do bloods and crips relish violence?

Yes they are black, but I guess that renders them untouchable to any reference to violence. In fact we should only be allowed to speak nicely of them or not at all.

Completely and utterly retarded....but par for the course in our day and age of political correctness.....

Right now, and I pray it changes, America is willing to hide from the truth to protect the feelings of the few.

rac⋅ism
  /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
Use racism in a Sentence
See web results for racism
See images of racism
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Show me a place that Limbaugh has committed any of those acts...

OMG HE SAID BLACK!! AHHHHHHH!

Alert the president.......get him on the red button! :panicbutton: :panicbutton:

[quote]
Now, LaDainian Tomlinson to me is the classiest player in the National Football League. He doesn’t do a dance, he doesn’t spike the ball when he scores. He and Marvin Harrison are the two most classy individuals playing in the National Football League today, in skill positions [b](euphemism for "black"). [/b]They just hand the ball back to the referee. They act like they’ve been there and done that, like scoring a touchdown is no big deal, they don’t taunt, they don’t act like they’ve been dissed or any of this. Let me tell you, the Chargers would not have lost that game were it not for a bunch of — I gotta be very careful here [b](what was he going to say?)[/b].[/quote]
I'm probably not going to spend the remainder of my evening arguing different perceptions of what Rush has said in the past, but I'll leave with this.

Why "Skill Positions?"
How in the fuck do you get the Mafia out of this? It's pretty clear to all but the most jaded of dittoheads that he is using racial context.

Also, who could forget this gem:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxVkLhlu5s[/media]fuck, man!

Archived