Chris Henry dies after being in car accident

[b][size="5"]Sad Thing Is, Henry Really Did Change[/size]

[/b]12/17/2009 5:00 PM ET By [url="http://www.fanhouse.com/staff/terence-moore/"]Terence Moore[/url]

Terence Moore is a national columnist for FanHouse

CINCINNATI -- The news kept arriving in cruel spurts Wednesday night to those watching the dying world of [url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/cincinnati-bengals"]Cincinnati Bengals[/url] wide receiver Chris Henry, a nearly completed reclamation project for the ages.

First, they said he was seriously injured during a traffic accident in Charlotte . Then they said he was dead. Actually, he was alive at that point, but the last breath inside of his 26-year-old body was only a pulled life-support plug away.

Before long, word surfaced about a domestic squabble between Henry and his fiancée, Loleini Tonga, with Henry jumping into the bed of a pickup truck less than a mile away from where they were staying.

Henry's body was found in the middle of the street.

After the horror became complete on Thursday morning, when it was announced that Henry didn't survive the most senseless of tragedies, I thought about Brittanny. She lives in a Cincinnati suburb. I thought about Brittanny, because she was a close friend of Henry's, and she also is my niece.

"I'm really sad. I'm shocked. I'm kind of upset. I still can't believe this is really happening," said Brittanny, 22, pausing to collect her thoughts. Then she lightened the mood with a chuckle after a three-year-old memory. "It seems like it was just yesterday when I first met him at that club, and I was trying to dodge him. He kept asking me for my telephone number, but I didn't like him."

She didn't like what she saw. "I'm not a groupie, but he always came in to the club, and he always left with this woman and that woman. I didn't know who he was, and I didn't care. I certainly didn't know he played for the [url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/cincinnati-bengals"]Bengals[/url]."

More specifically, Brittanny didn't know Henry was a notorious bad boy of the [url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/"]NFL[/url], with five arrests during a 28-month stretch at one point. "It's just that, after I started talking to him, I discovered he was totally different than his image," said Brittanny, who bonded with Henry, partly because Brittanny's deceased mother was from Louisiana, Henry's native state. "I know he was portrayed as a jerk and as somebody you wouldn't want to be around. But he really was a very, very sweet person. His problem was that he wanted to help everybody, but he didn't realize that everybody couldn't be helped.

"For instance: He had a bunch of his friends from Louisiana come up, along with some of his cousins, and they were from the bad part of New Orleans . And they were living with him. Some of them had drug charges, and they said they wanted to turn their lives around, and that's why Chris invited them up.

"Instead, they wanted to party. They liked the fact that Chris was a big star and that they could get into all these places and do bad things. Chris didn't have enough guts at the time to say, 'Hey, I can't do those things. I have an image to hold up.' But during the last couple of years, he pushed those people out of his life."

In other words, Henry changed. And, no, this isn't one of those tired clichés that you always hear in these situations. According to Brittany and others who knew the guy best, he was the antithesis of the knucklehead that he once was, and there were more than a few stories covered with tears to prove it on Thursday afternoon at Paul Brown Stadium, especially inside a morbid Bengals locker room.

Defensive tackle [url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/players/domata-peko/7872"]Domata Peko[/url] spoke of how Henry often stopped by the house to play video games with his kids. Said Peko, easing into a smile after a sigh, "When he was having a baby, I'll always remember how he stopped me in the bathroom and said, 'Hey, Peko. How is it to be a father?'"

Across the way, wide receiver [url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/players/andre-caldwell/8874"]Andre Caldwell[/url] recalled how Henry eased Caldwell's financial struggles as a sophomore in the NFL, saying, "When we were in California [during the summer working out in unofficial practices near the home of Bengals quarterback [url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/players/carson-palmer/6337"]Carson Palmer[/url]], he took me wherever I wanted to go, because he was the only one who had a car. He bought me food. He did everything for me."

Then there was [url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/players/chad-ochocinco/5483"]Chad Ochocinco[/url], the usually gregarious wide receiver, who spent an eternity facing his locker. He kept his hoodie-covered head lowered as he picked at the lunch on his plate. When he finally turned around with red eyes, he said, "Chris was a very good friend of mine, extremely close. It's sad to see that it has come to this. Tuesday night, we talked. He called to see how I was doing. I told him I was good. We talk before every game, and he said, 'Handle your business.'"

Ochocinco stopped to clear his throat, then he with a quivering voice, "He was doing everything right. He was doing everything right."

Yes, Henry was, especially since he used to do everything wrong. He was the poster child for a franchise that led the league in mug shots for more than a year after the Bengals managed their first winning season in 15 seasons in 2005. With Henry leading the way, the Bengals had 10 arrests in 14 months.

Funny how things work. Henry's life-changing moment came in April 2008 with his sixth arrest. It turns out that he really wasn't at fault after he was charged with assault and criminal damaging at a club near the University of Cincinnati . Nevertheless, the suddenly image-conscious Bengals cut Henry after a Hamilton County judge told Henry in court, "You've kind of become a one-man crime wave."

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis wanted Henry gone forever, but his boss, Mike Brown, had other ideas. Four months after telling the Bengals' best deep threat to get lost, Brown brought him back, and Henry didn't disappoint.

He became even more potent on the field.

He disposed of his shaky acquaintances.

He stayed out of trouble.

Then, in early November, Henry's renaissance season was interrupted after he fractured his left forearm against Baltimore . He was placed on injured reserve, but Brown's compassion toward Henry already was vindicated.

"Well, I don't regret what I did," said Brown, 74, the son of the legendary Paul Brown, the Bengals' founder and first head coach. "[Henry] had troubles. Some of them were made more of than I think they actually were, but we knew him here as the person he was in fact. And, yes, it was challenging at times with him, but he was someone who we liked and thought could re-group, catch himself, re-start his life. And to his credit, I think he did that. And it's a terrible tragedy in that, just at the time that he was running to daylight, if you will, his life was snuffed out."

Brittanny preferred to remember the living Henry, which is why she chuckled again, because she kept recalling how she used to join Henry, his brother, Marcus, and Marcus' girlfriend for movie nights at Henry's house. "We'd sit around eating waffles and pork chops that I would cook," Brittanny said. Then she recalled the first time she told my parents in Indianapolis that she had befriended Henry.

"Paw Paw said, 'Oh, that's a bad crowd to get in," Brittanny said, perhaps forgetting that her uncle (ahem) told her something similar.

That was the old Henry, though.

Now the new Henry is gone, and Brittanny joined a bunch of shaken folks around Paul Brown Stadium by saying, "It seems like a bad dream."

[url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/17/sad-thing-is-henry-really-did-change/"]http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/17/sad-thing-is-henry-really-did-change/[/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/NFLprguy"][b][color="#0a0501"]NFLprguy[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Commissioner Goodell requested clubs observe a moment of silence before every NFL game this weekend in memory of Chris Henry
[url="http://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/6776443269"]3 minutes ago [/url]from web

[quote name='oldschooler' date='17 December 2009 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1261088828' post='844193']
[url="http://twitter.com/NFLprguy"][b][color="#0a0501"]NFLprguy[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Commissioner Goodell requested clubs observe a moment of silence before every NFL game this weekend in memory of Chris Henry
[url="http://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/6776443269"]3 minutes ago [/url]from web
[/quote]

i think we all should do it at the same time as well. great call commish.

[b][size="5"]More reaction to Henry's death[/size][/b]
By [url="http://cnati.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-cp.cgi?__mode=view&blog_id=1&id=2"]C. Trent Rosecrans[/url], CNATI.com Posted December 17, 2009 11:12 AM ET

[b]* Bengals defensive coordinator[/b] Mike Zimmer, who lost his wife earlier this season: "I don't think anyone knows how to deal with it," Zimmer said on Thursday. "Like I told somebody, the world's not going to stop, that's how it was with me. That's the one thing I learned from this whole deal, the world ain't stopping. People still get up and go to work. Everyone's got to deal with different issues and unfortunately we're dealing with this one."
[b]
* Offensive guard Bobbie[/b] Williams: "The main thing is for us to maintain a steady focus and keep everything in a positive light," said guard Bobbie Williams. "He wouldn't want us to walk around sad and just be down and depressed, he'd really want us to give it our all. We just want to channel it in the right way."

[b]* Marvin Lewis: [/b]"Since last August when I had a talk with Chris before he was brought back to our football team, and then filled Mike in on the details of our meeting and the couple hours that we spent together _ he, I and Loleini and the kids, actually _ there was a different man that was sitting across from me and a different person. And so from that point on, we've seen pretty much a continual growth of Chris in things and a degree of responsibility, expanding his role here, learning all three positions and our 3-wide receiver sets or 2-wide receiver sets and both positions in the regular sets, so quite an expansion of both football on the field and off the field. I shared with Mike this story early in the season, when he asked me about getting the ticket to the Moeller-Elder football game so that he had enough tickets for his entire family. So things like that. To me, it's a minor thing but it talked about the level of growth that Chris had had."

[b]* Bengals owner Mike [/b]Brown on his favorite memory of Henry: "For me, it's an odd memory. We had our Christmas party here a few years ago and he was there and I had a chance to talk to him. Anymore I don't get around the players like I did once upon a time, but in this situation it was just the two of us talking. And my impression, the impression he left me with, was altogether different than how he's been portrayed. He was gentle, alert, well-spoken, interesting to talk to, and he won me over. When I think of him, I will think of him at that moment. I'll think of him catching the pass against Pittsburgh. I'll think of him in practice sessions just out there on the field running around the way he did. I'll have a picture in my eye with Loleini and the children, the young children. What I saw was a good person at heart. Sometimes he wasn't described that way, but that's how I knew him."

[b]* Minnesota Vikings safety[/b] and former Bengal Madieu Williams: "We had our rivalry, but I had a lot of respect for him as competitor and a football player. More recently, just seeing the changes he made in his life off the field. He was heading down the right path and then to hear something like this, it's tragic. It's unbelieveable how short life is. ... The guy had a good heart, even though he didn't always use the best judgement. He always had a good heart. He was a guy who loved life, loved his family, loved his kids. He was an extremely hard worker and loved the game of football. It's sad to see that he won't get to see his kids again."

[b]* San Francisco 49er[/b] defensive end and former Bengal Justin Smith: "It's sad. He was a talented guy. When I played with him he was a good guy, quiet in the locker room. He kept to himself for the most part. From everything that it sounded like, he was getting back on track and this happens. My feelings go out to him and his family."

[b]* San Francisco 49er [/b]linebacker and former Bengal Ahmad Brooks: "I was sad to hear. You hate to see somebody go. He was a good guy. We've all made bad decisions throughout our life, but he grew from it, he learned from it and he had a family, so I'm definitely sad to hear that happen. I knew him very well. I'm just sad to hear that and I'll pray for him, I'll pray for everybody."

[b]* New England Patriot [/b]practice squad quarterback and former Bengal Jeff Rowe: "It's just sickening. Chris was such a wonderful guy to be around. I know everyone in that locker room absolutely loved him. It's just disheartening. It's terrible. I knew pretty decent. He was just so pleasant to be around, so easy to be around. It's just so sad. I know he went through a lot of trouble in his life and he's just such a good person, even all the trouble he went through, it sucks this is when it happened."

[b]* New England Patriot [/b]cornerback Leigh Bodden: "He was a great talent. I used to tell all my friends, that was the best three-wide receiver [set] in the whole league when they had Chris Henry, Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. It's just amazing. He was a great talent. It's just very sad to see something like that happen to a guy like that. He's had his problems but he was a good kid and a great talent. It's just sad to see."

[b]* Buffalo Bills quarterback [/b]and former Bengal Ryan Fitzpatrick: "Just how talented he was. He really didn't have much of a chance to show it. He was such a talent. Carson likes to call him 'The next Randy Moss.' That's what he called him. The way he played on the football field, the passion that he played with, how much he loved the game and really the chance that the Bengals gave him because they knew what kind of person that he was and the talent he possessed. I'm still trying to grasp what really happened because it's such tough news and a shock to hear. "It definitely makes you stop and think. Everybody in this locker room is affected by it, even the guys that didn't know Chris on a personal level. When the news broke, everybody was gathered around the TV, watching. It's always something you never want to see happen, especially somebody in the NFL brotherhood. It affects everybody more than people realize."

[url="http://cnati.com/cincinnati-bengals/more-reaction-to-henrys-death-00920/"]http://cnati.com/cincinnati-bengals/more-reaction-to-henrys-death-00920/[/url]

[b][size="5"]In season of victory, Bengals have now faced two profound losses

[color="#666666"]Sports Illustrated Don Banks [/color]
[/size][/b]

[img]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/don_banks/12/17/bengals/chris-henry-point.jpg[/img]

The irony, of course, is that on the field it has been a rare season of victory in Cincinnati, with renewed hopes, playoff dreams and so much good news all around for coach [b]Marvin Lewis[/b]'s young, first-place team.

But off the field, the fates have been much, much crueler. The Bengals family has already known more than its fair share of loss this season. In the span of a little more than two months, Cincinnati has twice now been touched by death.

First, there was [b]Vikki Zimmer[/b], the wife of Cincinnati defensive coordinator [b]Mike Zimmer[/b], who passed away suddenly in early October, plunging the team into grief just before a pivotal game at division rival Baltimore. And now [b]Chris Henry[/b] is gone at 26, the victim of a senseless auto accident that reportedly resulted from a domestic dispute between him and his fiancée.

For a young man who found plenty of trouble early in his NFL career but had seemingly turned his life around in the past two years, seizing his final chance to make good, it's the most bizarre and tragic of endings. Henry lost his life because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, falling out of the bed of a moving pickup truck while in a fight with the mother of his three children. How does any of that begin to add up?

As for the Bengals, they are, unfortunately, back in all-too-familiar territory this season. Here they are, three days shy of a critical game in San Diego that may well determine how far their playoff drive goes in January, and they're again facing the challenge of playing through their pain. Again trying to focus on the task at hand while absorbing the shocking loss of a teammate and member of the club's inner circle.

"You try to be the true sense of the word, professional,'' Lewis said at a Thursday morning news conference at the team complex. "With everything going on around you, as a professional you have a job to do. You rely on the strength of each other, and the professionalism of the team.''

Football is always trivial in comparison to the loss of a life, but the game is a player's and coach's job, and it gives them structure and something to invest themselves in while they digest their sadness. The Bengals will do what so many other football teams have done when death interrupts a season. They'll grieve, they're find their ways to pay tribute to their fallen teammate, and they'll pour some of their raw emotions into their efforts on the field.

In October, when the Bengals lost Vikki Zimmer, who was beloved by the team's defensive players, they took the field in Baltimore three days later and registered one of their most impressive performances of a season that was just then starting to turn special. With Cincinnati's inspired defense leading the way, the Bengals beat the Ravens 17-14 to improve to 4-1, limiting a Baltimore offense that had been averaging 413 yards to just 257. It was the signature win of Cincinnati's season, and put them in first place to stay in the AFC North.

Afterwards, in an emotional Bengals locker room, Lewis presented Mike Zimmer with the game ball, and we saw a football team close ranks around their wounded defensive coordinator, sharing his pain and making his personal loss part of the memorable tapestry of their season.

Just yesterday, before the details of Henry's accident were known, I spoke on the phone with both Mike Zimmer and Bengals middle linebacker[b] Dhani Jones[/b], discussing Jones' pivotal role in Cincinnati's fine season, and what it was like for the Bengals to cope with and move past the loss of Vikki Zimmer. Jones was a pallbearer at her funeral, and he described that duty as one of the most meaningful experiences of his life.

"I don't even know how to explain the feeling that came over me when [Mike Zimmer] asked me to do that,'' Jones said. "But for him to allow me the privilege to have her in my hands for her last moments, in front of everybody, that meant a lot. I felt blessed to have had that honor. I felt blessed to have gotten to know her.''

Sadly, Cincinnati must find ways to cope with another death in the family. And this time it's a player whose role had grown into an important one within the team, and whose surprising career turnaround had somewhat mirrored the Bengals' return to relevance.

"I'll tell them to hang onto the fun things, the positive things they remember about Chris,'' said Lewis, when asked what he would tell his team in the difficult days just ahead. "That's what they should hang onto.''

For the Bengals, the wins have come steadily this season. But so have the losses, and not the kind that quickly fade away amidst the constant preparation for the next game. These are blows to the heart. In Cincinnati this year, the hardest of knocks just keep coming.

Read more: [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/12/17/bengals/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0ZzLdFPQZ"]http://sportsillustr...p#ixzz0ZzLdFPQZ[/url]
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with [url="http://tcr81.tynt.com/ads/SI%20Subscription/ccCFqQFFmr3OTvab7jrHcU/0ZzLdFPQZ"]SI Subscription[/url]

[b]Daugherty: Chris Henry was just starting to rise[/b]

By Paul Daugherty • pdaugherty@enquirer.com • December 17, 2009

He was just rising when he fell. Chris Henry was dusting off all the self-inflicted dirt, the bad decisions, the friends who weren’t. “He was starting to blossom,’’ Bengals president Mike Brown said. And then he died. Damn.

Chris Henry fell from the bed of a moving pickup truck driven by his fiancé on Wednesday at about noon in Charlotte, N.C. There will be an investigation that will reveal how he died, clinically. It won’t tell us why. Nobody will ever know why.

“Just at the time he was running to daylight, his life was snuffed out’’ was how Brown put it, eloquently.

The young who die leave us with more mystery than memory. What might he have done? Henry was different now. This is what his coach and his teammates said. He was a changed man. A good man, mindful of the need to repair his past with a shining present and a future full of potential. What might he have done?

I never knew him well. Until sometime last season, few did. Henry was quiet, a loner. His wide receiver teammates knew him. Brown knew him. His family knew him, depended on him. To his family, he was something of a savior. After Katrina destroyed their home in suburban New Orleans, Chris brought the extended clan here, to live with him. It said two things about Henry, one good, one not: He had a big heart. He was easily led.

The kid who became the symbol of the Bengals’ bad-boy missteps was not a bad guy, not in a malicious sense. He represented an NFL cliché: Too-young kid gets too much money too quickly, settles in with too many of the wrong people who befriend him for too many of the wrong reasons. He believes he’s bullet-proof, even when it’s proven he’s not.

Some players figure it out and move on. Some are more discrete. Some don’t get caught. Henry got caught and caught some more. After his fifth arrest in April 2008, the Bengals cut him loose. Ironically, he was innocent that time. Also ironically, that one saved his career.

Shortly after a local judge called Henry “a one-man crime wave’’ the real culprit was found. And Henry learned something. “Chris could never figure out that some of these people were dragging him down, until he had that last scrape,’’ Marvin Lewis said.

“He didn’t do it and no one stood up.’’ Henry realized his friends were anything but. “That was the point his whole life, his whole career, turned around.’’

Four months later, Mike Brown brought him back. Ultimately, Brown was right about Chris Henry. “What I saw was a good person at heart,’’ Brown explained Thursday. It must also be said that Brown fits the same description. “He was someone we liked, we thought could regroup. He did that,’’ Brown said.

Henry ditched his so-called friends. He got engaged to someone who saw his soul. His world got small. “A tiny little inner circle he was able to get his arms around’’ was how Lewis described it. Henry began the arduous climb of career rehabilitation. He grew up.

His teammates noticed. The older ones, the Bobbie Williamses, the Carson Palmers, they remembered the “Slim’’ Henry of 2005 through 2007, the knucklehead who flashed a gun in front of a police officer on a crowded street in downtown Orlando. They also could say with authority that this was not that guy.

“Heavily misunderstood,’’ Palmer said. That’s a heavily overused term in pro sports. This time, it’s apt, at least since April of 2008. “Responsible, dependable, loved football,’’ Williams said. “He made the changes he needed to make.’’

“Just look at him now and forget about the past’’ was the advice offered in October by his fiancé, Loleini. The tragic irony is, it took Henry’s death for that truth to escape the locker room.

We grasp for meaning in times like this. There is none, at least none we can find. The Bengals never gave up on Chris Henry. Henry never gave up on himself. It worked, for a brief and shining time. And then he died. “God don’t make mistakes in heaven,’’ said wideout Andre Caldwell.

We can only hope.

Sorry if this was already posted.

[b][size="5"]Chris Henry's death 'a shock' to Kelley Washington
[/size][/b]
News of the passing of the Cincinnati Bengals' Chris Henry swept through the Ravens locker room, and Kelley Washington was one of the players most affected by the 26-year-old wide receiver's death Thursday morning.

"It's definitely a shock to everybody," said Washington, who spent the 2005 and 2006 seasons in Cincinnati with Henry. "He was a young man who, it seemed, had his life turned around for the better -- for him, his family and his career. For something tragic like this to happen caught a lot of people off-guard. It just really wakes you up -- not just as a professional athlete, but as someone in relationships and as a man. It's definitely tough."

Henry died in Charlotte, N.C. Thursday, one day after falling out of the back of a pickup truck in what authorities described as a domestic dispute with his fiancee. Henry was in Charlotte because he was on injured reserve after breaking his left forearm during a win over the Ravens on Nov. 8.

Washington said he received word of Henry's condition late Wednesday via text messages from some of his former Bengals teammates.

"I just thought it was a regular car accident as I was talking with people from Cincinnati," Washington said. "Of course, they had the news that it was something more serious than a car accident. It was something that kind of touched everybody -- and especially me -- in the NFL family."

[url="http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/12/chris_henrys_death_a_shock_to_kelley_washington.html"]http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/12/chris_henrys_death_a_shock_to_kelley_washington.html[/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco"][b][color="#0a0501"]OGOchoCinco[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] I'm sharing all my Chris Henry stories with y'all on ustream, that was my dude right there, I got to talk and let this out
[url="http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/6776723996"]21 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/MOTOBLUR/Meet-MOTOBLUR?WT.mc_id=Global_Twitter-to-motoblur&WT.mc_ev=click"]MOTOBLUR[/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco"][b][color="#0a0501"]OGOchoCinco[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] We had some awesome times on and off the field
[url="http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/6776733428"]21 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/MOTOBLUR/Meet-MOTOBLUR?WT.mc_id=Global_Twitter-to-motoblur&WT.mc_ev=click"]MOTOBLUR[/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco"][b][color="#0a0501"]OGOchoCinco[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Youll never be forgotten chris (slim) henry R.I.P (Broadcasting live at [url="http://ustre.am/4sHM)"][color="#0a0501"]http://ustre.am/4sHM)[/color][/url]
[url="http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/6776975790"]11 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://ustream.tv/"]Ustream[/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/caldwell87"][b][color="#0a0501"]caldwell87[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] I love you big homie you might be gone but you won't be forgotten I know you in a better place smilling down on us [url="http://twitpic.com/txlyi"][color="#0a0501"]http://twitpic.com/txlyi[/color][/url]
[url="http://twitter.com/caldwell87/status/6776925713"]13 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://www.stone.com/Twittelator"]Twittelator[/url]

Pretty cool pic Caldwell posted in the link above.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='17 December 2009 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1261090679' post='844207']
[url="http://twitter.com/caldwell87"][b][color="#0a0501"]caldwell87[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] I love you big homie you might be gone but you won't be forgotten I know you in a better place smilling down on us [url="http://twitpic.com/txlyi"][color="#0a0501"]http://twitpic.com/txlyi[/color][/url]
[url="http://twitter.com/caldwell87/status/6776925713"]13 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://www.stone.com/Twittelator"]Twittelator[/url]

Pretty cool pic Caldwell posted in the link above.
[/quote]

Yeah, that pic comes up when you go to the official site.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='17 December 2009 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1261089786' post='844199']

Sorry if this was already posted.
[/quote]

just got done reading that on SI.com. Not anything super douchy about it, but I'm not sure an article like that is appropriate on the SAME DAY as his death.

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='17 December 2009 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1261093377' post='844218']
Anybody just see the news? They interviewed the next door neighbor from North Carolina. He saw Chris Henry beating on the window and yelling at his fiancée to get out of the car. He warned her if she didn't stop the car and talk about it he would jump out of the car and kill himself.
[/quote]

Wow. This story gets odder and odder.

It's going to get hard to know what to believe

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='17 December 2009 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1261093377' post='844218']
Anybody just see the news? They interviewed the next door neighbor from North Carolina. He saw Chris Henry beating on the window and yelling at his fiancée to get out of the car. He warned her if she didn't stop the car and talk about it he would jump out of the car and kill himself.
[/quote]

Sounds like an awful lot to overhear from a truck going past on the street...

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='17 December 2009 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1261093377' post='844218']
[/quote]

I have seen nothing of the sort. Seems a bit too convenient a story (what the neighbors are saying). I doubt we will ever know what really happened but it doesn't really matter at this point. His kids are fatherless and nothing will change that. RIP Chris.

[quote name='SF2' date='17 December 2009 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1261094242' post='844228']
I have seen nothing of the sort. Seems a bit too convenient a story (what the neighbors are saying). I doubt we will ever know what really happened but it doesn't really matter at this point. His kids are fatherless and nothing will change that. RIP Chris.
[/quote]

Exactly, nothing will change the loss that will be felt by his children, family, teammates, and fans as well.

I received a text early this mourning about his passing, but this is the first time I have been to my computer , R.I.P. Chris may god bless your soul and watch over all of your family and friends you will truely be missed as a father, friend and player. You will never be forgotten R.I.P. slim #15

I've been a Bengals fan since 1981 and I have endured over 20 losing seasons, a playoff game ruined by
a cheap shot and two heartbreaking Super Bowl defeats but never have I felt more sadness than the last
36 hours.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Chris Henry's family and loved ones. Rest in peace, Slim

Archived