2010 opponents

I am watching NFL Total Access and happened to glance down at the ticker... our opponents for next season are as follows:

Home:
[b]Baltimore[/b]
Cleveland
[b]Pittsburgh[/b]
Buffalo
[i][b]Miami[/b][/i]
[b]New Orleans[/b]
Tampa Bay
[b]San Diego[/b]

Away:
[b]Baltimore[/b]
Cleveland
[b]Pittsburgh[/b]
[b]New England[/b]
[b]New York Jets[/b]
[i][b]Atlanta[/b][/i]
Carolina
[b]Indianapolis[/b]

From the looks of things this schedule is going to be Brutal. The teams listed in bold are certainly capable of beating this team in its current state more than 50% of the time. Miami and Atlanta get mention because of their ability to run the ball especially Atlanta because of the way they use T. Gonzales. We are in for a long season if we do not find a way to score more points consistently.

After looking at this, what are your thoughts?

[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='15 January 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1263565125' post='857285']
I am watching NFL Total Access and happened to glance down at the ticker... our opponents for next season are as follows:

Home:
[b]Baltimore[/b]
Cleveland
[b]Pittsburgh[/b]
Buffalo
[i][b]Miami[/b][/i]
[b]New Orleans[/b]
Tampa Bay
[b]San Diego[/b]

Away:
[b]Baltimore[/b]
Cleveland
[b]Pittsburgh[/b]
[b]New England[/b]
[b]New York Jets[/b]
[i][b]Atlanta[/b][/i]
Carolina
[b]Indianapolis[/b]

From the looks of things this schedule is going to be Brutal. The teams listed in bold are certainly capable of beating this team in its current state more than 50% of the time. [color="#FF0000"]Miami and Atlanta get mention because of their ability to run the ball[/color] especially Atlanta because of the way they use T. Gonzales. We are in for a long season if we do not find a way to score more points consistently.

After looking at this, what are your thoughts?
[/quote]

ugh we did finish I believe 3rd against the run

I made a thread about it a week or so ago.
And it does look brutual to me too, right now.
But it could look a whole lot different in a few months.
Dates and stuff like that matter alot too. I mean, you
never know what teams will be resting players ect.
Or if warm weather teams will be traveling here in December, ect.

But I do like the fact we don't play West of Indianapolis next season.

And I like the fact that when they do have a winning record next season
it will mean that they more than likely earned it.

I am already ready for the 2010 season opener . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' date='15 January 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1263566011' post='857293']
3 AFC East teams - Bills, Dolphins, Patriots - all are looking for and will have a new defensive coordinator in 2010.
[/quote]

lets hope we get all 3 early while they are still adjusting to their new D's

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 January 2010 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1263565287' post='857288']
ugh we did finish I believe 3rd against the run
[/quote]

I guess I was saying those are the types of teams it seems we look past and usually slap us around...

[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='15 January 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1263566587' post='857297']
I guess I was saying those are the types of teams it seems we look past and usually slap us around...
[/quote]

I think after the Oak game this team has learnt it cant look past anyone

[quote name='oldschooler' date='15 January 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1263566615' post='857298']
Or that they just suck and one of them is Bresnahan . . .
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='15 January 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1263566794' post='857301']
We could have a lot better team next year and still finish 10 and 6 or worse.....

.....and that is how stats lie.
[/quote]

The rest of the divison plays the same schedule for all but 2 games. We just need to make sure we win in the division.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='15 January 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1263566615' post='857298']
Or that they just suck and one of them is Bresnahan . . .
[/quote]

I don't want to go against Chucky. He'll know our Offense really well and might actually game plan against it. :)

I see 12-4 and another devision title in our future.

WHo Dey!!!1

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 January 2010 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1263566884' post='857302']
The rest of the divison plays the same schedule for all but 2 games. We just need to make sure we win in the division.
[/quote]

This is the key. If the Bengals win 5 games in the division, the rest should take care of itself.

If we go back to losing to the Steelers and stuff, that is where the tough schedule will start to take its toll.

no matter how many times this gets posted, it doesnt look that hard..

colts and patriots arent the dominant forces they once were.. pats lost many games to weak teams, including to baltimore who we swept.. the colts almost lost to many many shit teams..

they are an oline injury away from being average..

if we can grab a receiver and upgrade our line and safety play..

we can easily see 10-6, 11-5 with this schedule..

we are going to lose some games.. we just need to beat who we can beat any given sunday..

and crazy as it sounds.. our defense will get... better....

rey improved and healthy, roy back hopefully, tank healthy and back hopefully, a full year of peko, crocker healthy? a new safety.. a better or replaced Trent..

these teams need to be worried about playing us next year..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='15 January 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1263578489' post='857373']

colts and patriots arent the dominant forces they once were.. pats lost many games to weak teams, including to baltimore who we swept.. the colts almost lost to many many shit teams..

they are an oline injury away from being average..

if we can grab a receiver and upgrade our line and safety play..

we can easily see 10-6, 11-5 with this schedule..

we are going to lose some games.. we just need to beat who we can beat any given sunday..

and crazy as it sounds.. our defense will get... better....

rey improved and healthy, roy back hopefully, tank healthy and back hopefully, a full year of peko, crocker healthy? a new safety.. a better or replaced Trent..

these teams need to be worried about playing us next year..
[/quote]

Ill give you the Pats, but the Colts should have gone undefeated this year, Im not sure how you cant call that dominate.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 January 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1263579167' post='857380']
Ill give you the Pats, but the Colts should have gone undefeated this year, Im not sure how you cant call that dominate.
[/quote]

You can crown them if you want to Crown them. They are who we thought they were. Okay, really, they are a manning injury away from being 2-14.

O

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 January 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1263579167' post='857380']
[/quote]
they may have had the easiest schedule on the planet

http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/schedule?team=IND

played al lthe good teams when they were struggling, cardinals early, titans early, denver late,

were handed a gift from the patriots for the win there..

they dominated pretty weak competition all year long..

i dont see how anyone cant see they arent the colts from years past..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='15 January 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1263578489' post='857373']

colts almost lost to many many shit teams..

[/quote]

Almost losing is what most good teams do. The Steelers win Superbowls with almost losses, because dispite popular belief around here... almost losses are WINS. Good for the Bengals is they finally learned how to almost lose, instead of almost win.. more often than not.

[quote name='ccartman2' date='15 January 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1263580079' post='857391']
You can crown them if you want to Crown them. They are who we thought they were. Okay, really, they are a manning injury away from being 2-14.

O
[/quote]

yes, but did anyone let them off the hook?

:D

[quote name='Bgal' date='15 January 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1263584239' post='857412']
Almost losing is what most good teams do. The Steelers win Superbowls with almost losses, because dispite popular belief around here... almost losses are WINS. Good for the Bengals is they finally learned how to almost lose, instead of almost win.. more often than not.
[/quote]

yes but good teams dont almost lose to teams they shouldn't on a consistent basis

[quote name='GoBengals' date='15 January 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1263580107' post='857392']
they may have had the easiest schedule on the planet

http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/schedule?team=IND

played al lthe good teams when they were struggling, cardinals early, titans early, denver late,

were handed a gift from the patriots for the win there..

they dominated pretty weak competition all year long..

i dont see how anyone cant see they arent the colts from years past..
[/quote]

I wont be surprised if they win the SB, lets just say that.

Almost lose..

Is that like a "near miss"(awww look, they [i]nearly[/i] missed)

Or I "almost won the lottery"? (How many tacos can I get with that?)

There is no such thing as "almost lost".. You either lost or you didn't.. I should almost quit smoking, that should mean something in my hopes to not get cancer...

This is the NFL. The separation between talent on teams is pretty small. Close games are a norm.. Most NFL games are decided in the 4th quarter. If you have a domina[b]n[/b]t defense and a ball control offense than almost all your games are going to be "almost losses".

If we want to win a playoff game or two next year, we need to beat good teams during the regular season. If we beat good teams, then we are a good team, too. I don't want to play all losing teams. I want to play good teams to measure how good we are. If we cannot beat good teams, then we don't belong in the playoffs next year. Bring Them On!

[quote name='Rick' date='15 January 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1263586832' post='857423']
If we want to win a playoff game or two next year, we need to beat good teams during the regular season. If we beat good teams, then we are a good team, too. I don't want to play all losing teams. I want to play good teams to measure how good we are. If we cannot beat good teams, then we don't belong in the playoffs next year. Bring Them On!
[/quote]

That's a pretty sweet golf cart you got there Rick.

Fuck, that schedule doesn't bother me one bit. We're talking an entire year from now. The top teams in the league could sputter out and be the bottom feeders at that time. As much as we hate Pittsburgh, they've won the Superbowl twice in the last 5 years and this season they were fighting for a wild card spot. You just never know what the teams are going to be like until they start playing. In my opinion, you might as well just give everyone a blank slate and fill out those report cards next year. I don't see a problem with the schedule. I think having kept Zimmer for ourselves the D is only going to get better and the offense will get straightened out. I see us going 10-6 or better next season.
MULLY

[quote name='Lucid' date='16 January 2010 - 04:46 AM' timestamp='1263584768' post='857416']
Almost lose..

Is that like a "near miss"(awww look, they [i]nearly[/i] missed)

Or I "almost won the lottery"? (How many tacos can I get with that?)

There is no such thing as "almost lost".. You either lost or you didn't.. I should almost quit smoking, that should mean something in my hopes to not get cancer...

This is the NFL. The separation between talent on teams is pretty small. Close games are a norm.. Most NFL games are decided in the 4th quarter. If you have a domina[b]n[/b]t defense and a ball control offense than almost all your games are going to be "almost losses".
[/quote]

God dammit, you even fucked up the age old analogy. "Almost missed"????? Fuck, man, it should have read like this

"Almost lose?? Is that like being a little pregnant?"

MULLY
fucking kids

Archived