Got to meet Sam Wyche!

Good ol' Sam was coming out of D1 Sports next door yesterday. Got to tell him I was a huge Bengals fan and he said Marvin and co did a great job this year. Gotta love The Sam!
Apparently he was working with Tim Tebow at the complex (along with Zeke Bratkowski) - that's two too many Tebow ties to "near" Bengals for my personal comfort.

It really does scare the shit outta me. I hope the Jags take him off the board before we have the chance. I will be pissed if we take Tebow to be a cheerleader and try to turn him into a tight end or fullback.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='22 January 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1264187789' post='859066']
Good ol' Sam was coming out of D1 Sports next door yesterday. Got to tell him I was a huge Bengals fan and he said Marvin and co did a great job this year. Gotta love The Sam!
Apparently he was working with Tim Tebow at the complex (along with Zeke Bratkowski) - that's two too many Tebow ties to "near" Bengals for my personal comfort.
[/quote]

I've met and spoken at lengths with Sam Wyche in the past, too. He was very polite and engaging during our conversation. Probably helps that we are family friends with Bruce Reimers, which was a good way to break the ice. I really liked him and miss seeing him in the NFL.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='22 January 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1264187789' post='859066']
[/quote]

*shudders*

A wonderful man! Have met him several times in person...the first while he was still HC at Indiana. Direct, engaging, real, funny, and just a very fine person overall.

The finest quote in professional football IMO, was uttered by Mr. Wyche. No, not "you don't live in Cleveland", but came after a loss to Washington in 1991. It still rings true...and a portion of which is in the sig line:

[i]"This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game." [/i]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='22 January 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1264200240' post='859116']
Tebow brings basically nothing to the table in the NFL.. he wont even be ON our draft board..
[/quote]

I disagree entirely. He won't be much at QB, but the dude is tough as nails and is very, very smart. He'd play center if he had to. I think he converts to tight end/h-back/receiver (think Chris Cooley) and has a lengthy career.

[quote name='Tigris' date='22 January 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1264210645' post='859137']
I disagree entirely. He won't be much at QB, but the dude is tough as nails and is very, very smart. He'd play center if he had to. I think he converts to tight end/h-back/receiver (think Chris Cooley) and has a lengthy career.
[/quote]

TE is his only option, not to drag the wyche topic into a tebow one... but if his ceiling is chris cooley, my point mostly still stands...for the amount of cock swallowing the guy gets from espn and has for years... he is prime example of how the college game exploits the fact that there are at best, 4-5 pro caliber players on the field for each team at any given time.. and hw different it is from the nfl...

People that think there is even a tiny chance that ANY team in the NFL will draft Tebow first round, really need to re-evaluate their knowledge of football at the collegiate and NFL level.

Anything is possible (see Flutie), but he is a mid to late round pick at best....and whoever drafts him may not even be interested in him as a QB,

Yeah, I ran acrossed an article about it yesterday.
It wasn't really Bengals related, so I moved on.

[url="http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100122/SPORTS01/1220340/Tim+Tebow+hones+quarterback+skills+at+Nashville-area+sports+training+facility"]http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100122/SPORTS01/1220340/Tim+Tebow+hones+quarterback+skills+at+Nashville-area+sports+training+facility[/url]

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' date='23 January 2010 - 03:40 AM' timestamp='1264239615' post='859185']
People that think there is even a tiny chance that ANY team in the NFL will draft Tebow first round, really need to re-evaluate their knowledge of football at the collegiate and NFL level.

Anything is possible (see Flutie), but he is a mid to late round pick at best....and whoever drafts him may not even be interested in him as a QB,
[/quote]

I have heard the Jags are pretty interested in drafting him in the 1st round.
Mostly because he is a hometown boy and would definitely generate ticket sales.

Archived