Tim Tebow anyone?

So Tebow has been getting pretty bad reviews as a quarterback at the senior bowl and it has to do with his motion, accuracy and decision making. Even his supporters are starting to realize he will need a ton of work before he can play QB in the NFL and would likely have to sit for a couple of years.
This is an interesting though not unexpected development and would mean Tebow will have to switch to TE or H-Back as those seem to be the positions his body and speed are best suited for if he wants to actually see an NFL field anytime soon.
Would you take Tebow in the draft if he falls to the late third or fourth? Does he fall that far?
It is a tough question to answer for sure because Tebow could be a great risk/reward type pick in those rounds.
He is athletic enough to possibly be a great H-back that could probably pitch a few TD's on trick plays but he is obviously an unkown at this point as far as that goes. Also, with the Bengals locked in on Carson for several more years, the Bengals are a team that would be able to put up with Tebow's transition if he was to play quarterback.
I know it probably wouldn't work to have him as an H-back and still working with him as quarterback so I would probably want him an H-back but he could also maybe be the No. 3 QB, allowing a roster spot for an extra receiver, d-lineman or linebacker.
What circumstances would you want Tebow drafted by the Bengals and at what position if at all?

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' date='28 January 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1264734178' post='860436']
So Tebow has been getting pretty bad reviews as a quarterback at the senior bowl and it has to do with his motion, accuracy and decision making. Even his supporters are starting to realize he will need a ton of work before he can play QB in the NFL and would likely have to sit for a couple of years.
This is an interesting though not unexpected development and would mean Tebow will have to switch to TE or H-Back as those seem to be the positions his body and speed are best suited for if he wants to actually see an NFL field anytime soon.
Would you take Tebow in the draft if he falls to the late third or fourth? Does he fall that far?
It is a tough question to answer for sure because Tebow could be a great risk/reward type pick in those rounds.
He is athletic enough to possibly be a great H-back that could probably pitch a few TD's on trick plays but he is obviously an unkown at this point as far as that goes. Also, with the Bengals locked in on Carson for several more years, the Bengals are a team that would be able to put up with Tebow's transition if he was to play quarterback.
I know it probably wouldn't work to have him as an H-back and still working with him as quarterback so I would probably want him an H-back but he could also maybe be the No. 3 QB, allowing a roster spot for an extra receiver, d-lineman or linebacker.
What circumstances would you want Tebow drafted by the Bengals and at what position if at all?
[/quote]

Right now, as a whole I think Bengals fans are tired of player projects, and that is exactly what Tebow would be if you do a position switch....

Does anyone know the last QB who switched positions and excelled in the NFL?

The only one I can think of is Antwan Randle El....
Hines Ward played some QB early in his career at Georgia...

It does not happen very often....

The Bengals are on the cusp of moving in with the elite teams. We need players that can contribute now.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='29 January 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1264771276' post='860508']
Right now, as a whole I think Bengals fans are tired of player projects, and that is exactly what Tebow would be if you do a position switch....
[b]
Does anyone know the last QB who switched positions and excelled in the NFL?[/b]

The only one I can think of is Antwan Randle El....
Hines Ward played some QB early in his career at Georgia...

It does not happen very often....

[b][b]
The Bengals are on the cusp of moving in with the elite teams. We need players that can contribute now.[/b][/b]
[/quote]

Julian Edelmann caught 50 passes with the Patriots this year.

And I do think Tebow can contribute immediately in the right scheme. He can be a wildcat QB, he can line up at RB, and possibly TE. I don't know if he'll excel at any of them, but he can find a role in the NFL.

Plus, if (a big if) he can develop into any kind of QB, we have the luxury of having Carson, so Tebow has plenty of time to try and develop without the pressure of having to start.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='28 January 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1264737083' post='860445']
i dont want anything to do with the guy...
[/quote]
[center][url=http://www.motifake.com/vaginas-tebow-football-demotivational-poster-80740.html][img]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/vaginas-tebow-football-demotivational-poster-1260206666.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='29 January 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1264776454' post='860550']
Julian Edelmann caught 50 passes with the Patriots this year.

And I do think Tebow can contribute immediately in the right scheme. He can be a wildcat QB, he can line up at RB, and possibly TE. I don't know if he'll excel at any of them, but he can find a role in the NFL.

Plus, if (a big if) he can develop into any kind of QB, we have the luxury of having Carson, so Tebow has plenty of time to try and develop without the pressure of having to start.
[/quote]

Lets just say....I disagree.

He is more Eric Crouch than Antwan Randle El.
He will not contribute in any meaningful form to an NFL team next year.

Following Tebow fairly closely (as fans of the SEC were forced to do), it doesn't seem like Tim Tebow would be a great NFL QB, but it also doesn't seem like Tebow has let much stop him in his career. It's really not that hard to see him as an NFL starter 3 or 4 years down the line. Hell, Vince Young did it.

Tebow is no where near fast enough to be a TE or H-back. The only position he could play is QB. Right now he looks pretty rough, but he has so many intangibles that I wouldn't bet against him developing into an nFL starter in a few years. Right now he is a HUGE project, and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Well actually, as a tennessee fan I would "touch" him with a ten foor pole.....brutally and repeatedly.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='02 February 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1265121431' post='861190']
Tebow is no where near fast enough to be a TE or H-back. The only position he could play is QB. Right now he looks pretty rough, but he has so many intangibles that I wouldn't bet against him developing into an nFL starter in a few years. Right now he is a HUGE project, and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Well actually, as a tennessee fan I would "touch" him with a ten foor pole.....brutally and repeatedly.
[/quote]
I don't know if he is too slow to make the switch but he did look sluggish in the Senior Bowl. That could have had a lot to do with his illness throughout the week. He is a huge project and not one I'm sure the Bengals need to muddy their hands with but like you said I wouldn't bet against him. If he falls too far though it will be hard not to take him even with the amount of question marks still there.

Archived