Reds Deliver, Fans' Turn Now!

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 May 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1274286253' post='889227']
You still don't get my point...i understand that people are still skeptical and don't want to assume we are a great team because of a 40 game stretch. What I don't get is why fans would let that skepticism would prevent anyone from going to games and supporting their team (which this thread is about, attendance). I understand the midset ''well we've started off well before and lost it''. But does that mean you shouldn't go to games and support your team? Hell no, and to anyone that thinks they shouldn't go to a game now because we might not stay in contention in the future is a bad fan imo.
[/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1274288164' post='889249']
this
[/quote]

jamie reply to this...

[quote name='oldschooler' date='19 May 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1274288191' post='889250']
You don't have any nutts you fucking pussy.
[/quote]

That's where you're wrong. Jamie showed a guy his nuts for $10 in the toilet at M&T Bank Stadium a few years ago.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 May 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1274288461' post='889256']
jamie reply to this...
[/quote]

what? we covered that already.

[quote name='CincyInDC' date='19 May 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1274288469' post='889257']
That's where you're wrong. Jamie showed a guy his nuts for $10 in the toilet at M&T Bank Stadium a few years ago.
[/quote]

Thurman wouldnt let it go...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='19 May 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1274288293' post='889253']
In your mind, does the term "casual fan" mean the same thing as "bandwagon fan"?
[/quote]

We are talking about fans that are in the area, and can go to games, but choose not
to until the season goes on a ways longer and the team is still in contention.

But anyway, a casual fan is not a hard core fan or a bandwagon fan. They are a "normal"
or "everyday" fan. That is what casual means. At least as it pertains to clothes.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1274288604' post='889259']
what? we covered that already.

Thurman wouldnt let it go...
[/quote]
no all you said was lick my nuts and calling people douches...i would like you to tell me how you think I am wrong...tell me how someone that can go to games and chooses not to even when the team is doing wel because he wants to first be proven that the team is going to definitely be good first isn't a bandwagon fan? What do you think a bandwagon fan is then?

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1274288309' post='889254']
my god you are the biggest douchebag on the internet
[/quote]

:lmao:

Funny. Because I think the same about you.

Seriously. I don't like you at all. I think you are a grade A asshole.

You keep saying in this thread that you don't care what people think.
Yet you keep responding to those people with what you think, about
what they think. lol

And you tell me to "lick your nuts"? How did you expect me to respond?
You piece of shit.

[quote name='CincyInDC' date='19 May 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1274288469' post='889257']
[/quote]

No. Jamie held some guys nutts for $10. And he does it a few times a year.
Funny how the truth gets twisted.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='19 May 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1274289139' post='889263']
:lmao:

Funny. Because I think the same about you.

Seriously. I don't like you at all. I think you are a grade A asshole.

You keep saying in this thread that you don't care what people think.
Yet you keep responding to those people with what you think, about
what they think. lol

And you tell me to "lick your nuts"? How did you expect me to respond?
You piece of shit.

No. Jamie held some guys nutts for $10. And he does it a few times a year.
Funny how the truth gets twisted.
[/quote]

If I dont care what Rudi thinks I REALLY dont care what you think.

But you want to be the one starting with the derogatory stuff dont think i wont respond to it either.

I was having a perfectly fine convo before rudi decided to call me a loser (which is a joke) and before you wanted to pile on with the whole im a better fan than you bs.

You can think that, it doent make it true, just like most of the things you think.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1274289354' post='889269']
If I dont care what Rudi thinks I REALLY dont care what you think.

But you want to be the one starting with the derogatory stuff dont think i wont respond to it either.

I was having a perfectly fine convo before rudi decided to call me a loser (which is a joke) and before you wanted to pile on with the whole im a better fan than you bs.

You can think that, it doent make it true, just like most of the things you think.
[/quote]

You are a loser. I have no respect for you at all.
And I refuse to show respect to your kind.

If I do, then I will be saying it is OK for your kind to be the way you are.
Your kind makes my fan base look bad, and I will not stand for it.

Sound familiar?

You think because someone proclaims themself to be a fan,
they are on the same level as all fans. That's not true.
And it will never be true.

Some please spare me your self righteous crap.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='19 May 2010 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1274289661' post='889271']
You are a loser. I have no respect for you at all.
And I refuse to show respect to your kind.

If I do, then I will be saying it is OK for your kind to be the way you are.
Your kind makes my fan base look bad, and I will not stand for it.

Sound familiar?

You think because someone proclaims themself to be a fan,
they are on the same level as all fans. That's not true.
And it will never be true.

Some please spare me your self righteous crap.
[/quote]

No it doesnt sound familiar what the fuck are you even talking about?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='19 May 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1274290085' post='889277']
[img]http://theinsanityreport.com/images/pot_kettle.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

and in typical 1181 fashion he feels the need to pile on

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1274289838' post='889274']
No it doesnt sound familiar what the fuck are you even talking about?
[/quote]

I am talking about the lack of respect being mutual.
And you don't hold back when it suits you. So why
should I hold back, at all, ever? I can't think of a reason.
So I didn't and won't.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='19 May 2010 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1274290085' post='889277']
[img]http://theinsanityreport.com/images/pot_kettle.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Did you just call me a douchebag? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/glare.gif[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' date='19 May 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1274290453' post='889279']
I am talking about the lack of respect being mutual.
And you don't hold back when it suits you. So why
should I hold back, at all, ever? I can't think of a reason.
So I didn't and won't.

[/quote]

If you cant separate your political leanings and my lack of respect for them, from sports then I dont know what to say to you.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 May 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1274289134' post='889262']
no all you said was lick my nuts and calling people douches...i would like you to tell me how you think I am wrong...tell me how someone that can go to games and chooses not to even when the team is doing wel because he wants to first be proven that the team is going to definitely be good first isn't a bandwagon fan? What do you think a bandwagon fan is then?
[/quote]
still waiting jamieb

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 May 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1274290629' post='889281']
still waiting jamieb
[/quote]

you know we have a bad economy right? people are more selective about where they spend their money.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1274290590' post='889280']
If you cant separate your political leanings and my lack of respect for them, from sports then I dont know what to say to you.
[/quote]

Political leanings? I am not talking politics. I am talking about
Reds fans showing up to games. And those waiting to show
up being bandwagon fans. You are the one that is telling me
my opinion is a "bunch of crap", telling me "to lick your nutts"
and saying I am am "wrong on almost everything I think".

You have told me and showed me you have no respect for my thinking.
On a lot of different topics.

I am just shooting your shit right back at you. And letting you know
I feel the exact same way about you.

The fact is fans of your ilk are a bunch of fence riders.
They want to have their fandom validated by wins.
They want the team to show them something before
they will show up and support them. They want
to proclaim themselves to be just as good as other
fans though. And even have the fucking audacity to
talk down to some fans, by calling them homers and shit.

It's pathetic really.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='19 May 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1274291512' post='889287']
Political leanings? I am not talking politics. I am talking about
Reds fans showing up to games. And those waiting to show
up being bandwagon fans. You are the one that is telling me
my opinion is a "bunch of crap", telling me "to lick your nutts"
and saying I am am "wrong on almost everything I think".

You have told me and showed me you have no respect for my thinking.
On a lot of different topics.

I am just shooting your shit right back at you. And letting you know
I feel the exact same way about you.

The fact is fans of your ilk are a bunch of fence riders.
They want to have their fandom validated by wins.
They want the team to show them something before
they will show up and support them. They want
to proclaim themselves to be just as good as other
fans though. And even have the fucking audacity to
talk down to some fans, by calling them homers and shit.

It's pathetic really.
[/quote]

Hold on you came into this thread first going on about banwagon with me and expected me to not say something back to you?

So because people dont want to buy a crappy product, and you do that makes you the better fan?

Believe it if you want, I really dont care.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='19 May 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1274288831' post='889260']
We are talking about fans that are in the area, and can go to games, but choose not
to until the season goes on a ways longer and the team is still in contention.

But anyway, a casual fan is not a hard core fan or a bandwagon fan. They are a "normal"
or "everyday" fan. That is what casual means. At least as it pertains to clothes.
[/quote]

I guess I must be a casual fan then. I live in the area, I suppose I COULD go to games (both Bengals and Reds) more often than I do, but it isn't because I'm waiting for the season to go on longer to see if the team is still in contention. Shit, I've been to dozens of Bengals games in the 1990's when I was single and I kept going even though the team was fucking terrible for the most part. I've been to lots and lots of Reds games too over the last 18 years.

I only expressed reservations about the Reds in the other thread because I get into the games (waaay too into them) a lot and I constantly feel bitchslapped by the Reds because I have such high hopes for them, drink the kool aid, whatever. But those feelings of inevitable disappointment don't stop me from going to a few games, because I love going in person when I can. My reasons for not going are mostly economic.

I am stoked they are in 1st place right now and I hope they make a run at the playoffs this year, I really do. I'm just not ready to expend tons of my nightly free time watching the games even on TV until I see them progressing a little more. I check in, I catch bits and pieces here and there...its a long season after all. Watching [i]every single game[/i] like I used to even 2 years ago is a big time investment.

I prefer to watch games on TV by and large because it doesn't cost me a fortune in tickets & concessions and I can interact with my family while I do so.

I think there's a distinction that can be drawn where a once hardcore, season ticketholder fan, beaten down by rising prices and long stretches of poor play, becomes a casual fan until the team is worth watching again. Again, that's not me...

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1274290738' post='889282']
you know we have a bad economy right? people are more selective about where they spend their money.
[/quote]
I an only come to the conclusion that you can't read well...we aren't talking about the economy we are talking about people that CAN afford to go to games and chose not to for the ONLY reason being that they are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 May 2010 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1274292567' post='889294']
I an only come to the conclusion that you can't read well...we aren't talking about the economy we are talking about people that CAN afford to go to games and chose not to for the ONLY reason being that they are waiting for the other shoe to drop.
[/quote]

You realize that there are alot in that city who cant?

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1274291749' post='889288']
Hold on you came into this thread first going on about banwagon with me and expected me to not say something back to you?

So because people dont want to buy a crappy product, and you do that makes you the better fan?

Believe it if you want, I really dont care.
[/quote]

I said people that "wait and see" are bandwagon fans. It was a statement
in general. And they are. You can say whatever you want. It doesn't change that fact.

Not having to have your fandom validated makes you a better fan.
Believe it or not, there are different levels of fans. Not all fans are equal.

And I don't care that you don't care. You have said that about 10 times
in this thread. I didn't give a fuck the first time. And I sure as fuck don't
give a fuck now.

I mean..there are eighty-one home games to go to. Just because people aren't going now doesn't mean they don't enjoy the Reds. They just might not enjoy Ohio's shitty weather or might like to drink a few brewski's without the risk of getting a DUI and not having to pay 7 bucks for every one.

I mean have the Reds ever had that high of attendance in the first place? Even the Bengals have trouble filling 65,000 seats when they only have 8 meaningful games.

[quote name='JC' date='19 May 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1274297960' post='889327']
I mean..there are eighty-one home games to go to. Just because people aren't going now doesn't mean they don't enjoy the Reds. They just might not enjoy Ohio's shitty weather or might like to drink a few brewski's without the risk of getting a DUI and not having to pay 7 bucks for every one.

I mean have the Reds ever had that high of attendance in the first place? Even the Bengals have trouble filling 65,000 seats when they only have 8 meaningful games.
[/quote]

Its sold out for Opening Day. And they sold out the Civil Rights Game.

And a lot of teams sell out all 81 games.

The point is, Cincy likes to pride it's self as a baseball town.
Yet, they are lucky if they have a third of the stadium filled.

But I guarantee that if the team is in a penant race in September,
people will be flocking to the stadium then.

[quote name='JC' date='19 May 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1274297960' post='889327']

I mean have the Reds ever had that high of attendance in the first place? [color="#FF0000"] Even the Bengals have trouble filling 65,000 seats when they only have 8 meaningful games.[/color]
[/quote]

pretty much

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='19 May 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1274294453' post='889305']
You realize that there are alot in that city who cant?
[/quote]

Of course I realize that but you still dont get what we are talking about...we were talking about people who chose not to go to games for the only reason being they are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Archived