All 32 teams ranked

[b]6. Bengals[/b] -- The defense might be the most physical in the AFC. [url="/players/carsonpalmer/profile?id=PAL249055"]Carson Palmer[/url] needs to regain his form. He has more wide receiver ([url="/players/antoniobryant/profile?id=BRY210393"]Antonio Bryant[/url]) and tight end ([url="/players/jermainegresham/profile?id=GRE819895"]Jermaine Gresham[/url]) threats.

[quote name='scharm' date='06 June 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1275873035' post='891860']
Until you see Ravens at #2. I'm sorry, I just don't see it.
[/quote]

I think the Ravens defense will not be as good as years past. I think this will be the year Ray Lewis and Ed Reed start showing their age. They are getting long in the tooth.

Only Dhani is over 30 on our defense for the most part. We are WAY younger and faster than the Ravens on D.

[quote name='SF2' date='06 June 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1275874975' post='891863']
I think the Ravens defense will not be as good as years past. I think this will be the year Ray Lewis and Ed Reed start showing their age. They are getting long in the tooth.

[/quote]

I've said this for the past 5 years it seems like. And I'll say it again. I hope I'm finally right.

[quote name='Since 87' date='06 June 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1275875468' post='891866']
I've said this for the past 5 years it seems like. And I'll say it again. I hope I'm finally right.
[/quote]

35 in the NFL for a linebacker is like 200,000 miles on a car. Shit just starts breaking. Reed is what 32? That is way up there for a safety.

[quote name='Since 87' date='06 June 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1275875468' post='891866']
[/quote]

they ahve been pretty average for a year or two... they get by on reputation alone...

they get away with illegal hits because they are SUPPOSED to be the dudes making the big hits in games... they got called out on it against us... everyone but the ravens players were throwing fits.. they knew they were screwed.... reed is the weapon that holds them barely together.. he can make plays from anywhere... hampers the short and medium passing game. hell he came from the far side and picked off palmer on a 10-12 yard routes.... insanity..

if that dude finally loses a step.. they are FUCKED...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='06 June 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1275876559' post='891870']
they ahve been pretty average for a year or two... they get by on reputation alone...

they get away with illegal hits because they are SUPPOSED to be the dudes making the big hits in games... they got called out on it against us... everyone but the ravens players were throwing fits.. they knew they were screwed.... reed is the weapon that holds them barely together.. he can make plays from anywhere... hampers the short and medium passing game. hell he came from the far side and picked off palmer on a 10-12 yard routes.... insanity..

[/quote]
x2

[quote name='GoBengals' date='06 June 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1275876559' post='891870']

[/quote]

x3

Our young, inexperienced line pushed them around and our cluster fuck passing game threw on them.

I think both will be much better this year.

That's just typical division rival banter.

Colts own the Ravens so how the hell can you get them to no 2 is beyond me. Ravens will be tough in a wildcard battle.

Could be wrong but I don't see any AFC North team being 1st or 2nd seed in the AFC at this point.

[quote name='fluhartz' date='07 June 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1275919666' post='891911']
1. Chargers
2. Ravens
3. Cowboys

What a joke and also the Saints at 8... they are better than all three of those teams.
I like the Bengals ranking though...
[/quote]

Chargers #1? They lost Cromartie and Tomlinson. Isn't their safety in jail? Gates is getting near TE senility, which is lower 30s. Seems like half the defense is holding out. I wouldn't even pick them to win their division if I thought any other team in the West could do anything.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='07 June 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1275933655' post='891928']
Chargers #1? They lost Cromartie and Tomlinson. Isn't their safety in jail? Gates is getting near TE senility, which is lower 30s. Seems like half the defense is holding out. I wouldn't even pick them to win their division if I thought any other team in the West could do anything.
[/quote]

yea I understand why people think they'll cake walk to the playoffs, but as a team they are extremely overrated, headlined by a very overrated Phillip Rivers.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='07 June 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1275933655' post='891928']
[/quote]

LOl i think them losing tomlinson and cromartie will help them. Cromartie is overrated, tomlinson was on his last leg and was a shell of his former self, thye just replaced him with a hoss in ryan matthews. I think the chargers are legit and should walk into the playoffs with the division they are in.

LOL Chargers. Hasn't anyone learned by now that picking the Chargers to go deep into the playoffs never works out? When was the last time the Cowboys went deep in the playoffs? 1990 something? Indy is easily better than all three.

[quote name='scharm' date='07 June 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1275940948' post='891961']
IMO, the lack of another legit team (on paper) makes Chargers in the mix for a top AFC seed.
[/quote]

Well, you have to have expectations to be sad when you are bounced from the playoffs early again.
Apparently Marty S wasn't the only issue there.

Archived