Bengals' incentive for season ticket holders? A box of popcorn

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1292591857' post='951461']
The Browns beat the Stealers last December, while the Stealers
were fighting for a Playoff spot.
[/quote]

Oh, I know, but the Browns themselves were never really in it, is what I meant. They just did us a favor.

I apologized already dammit!

:lol:

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1292560117' post='951417']
How does anyone read this and not immediately think "Who is this asshole?" Someone needs their didey changed. And yet tons of people line up to be shit on by this clown.

"Yup he's right! We sure do suck!"

Fucking pathetic.

"Tell it like it is, P-douche!"

Voice of the fuckin' perpetual whiner.

Nobody is debating that the team has had a disaster of a season and their future is highly uncertain, but for Christ's sake the wailing and teeth-gnashing has been going on since the first Brown's game. Well, more like since 1990. But if you don't waddle around crying with a soiled diaper 24/7 you are a "Mike Brown/Carson Palmer apologist".

What the fuck is with the weird jingoist-like WDR manifestos and personal crusades? Of all the worthwhile causes people could be worked up over, they choose something as ultimately futile as the Bengals? Does anyone really think MB is going to relinquish control of this team before they pry it from his cold, dead fingers?

Face the facts, people. He owns the team. He isn't going to sell it or hire a GM or turn it over to Katie or put up a fan poll to let Bobby Soiled-shorts vote on who the next coach will be. Nothing is going to make him stop playing tiddlywinks with the franchise.

Further, he doesn't owe you shit, so you might as well get that out of your head right now. Much like any other business owner, he does what he does and you can like it or piss off. Blah blah stadium deal; yeah, well - you voted for it, and then your duly-elected representative signed off on that shit. Oh but wait, you probably didn't even vote, because you were much too busy watching god damn football.

I'm not really trying to turn this into a J&D thread but for fuck's sake, gain some perspective and bitch about something that 1. actually matters and 2. you have some ability to change.

Yes this season has been pathetic. Yes this franchise seems to be streaking the bowl as it spirals down the drain. I think we can all agree on that. The thing is, when the team has had success, when they win games you are too busy waiting for the other shoe to drop to even enjoy it. No, you disappear and bide your time until they lose again so you can pop out with your "Same old bungals" I-told-you-so condescending self-satisfied horseshit. The loudest complainers on here right now are all names I never saw one damn peep out of last season. I'd guess about half of the regulars on here have been driven off by the non-stop negativity. Pessimists are only happy when shit goes bad, because it proves them right. And being right is much more important than enjoying the good times, apparently. This writer does nothing but shit on the team -no, teams - the whole city - week after week after week. What kind of self-loathing masochistic loser would support this guy? I don't get it.

I mean, yes, again so there is no confusion; The team sucks right now. The organization is in shambles. This does not mean we should all wallow in self pity.
[/quote]

just as your rant is the same rant...over and over. and yes, it gets very tiresome, too. so how about going outside the box and adding something other than your diaper rants. we get where your at. the losing and mediocrity doesn't affect you as much as it would appear to affect other fans. i think it's fairly clear by now, as you've repeatedly made this point so many times, we're saturated by it....like a shit stained diaper, you might say.

surely you understand articles like this go hand in hand with the losing, right? just what were you expecting out of the media...something positive? is it beyond belief that that sense of disappointment would also trickle down into the fanbase?

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1292597922' post='951476']
just as your rant is the same rant...over and over. and yes, it gets very tiresome, too. so how about going outside the box and adding something other than your diaper rants. we get where your at. the losing and mediocrity doesn't affect you as much as it would appear to affect other fans. i think it's fairly clear by now, as you've repeatedly made this point so many times, we're saturated by it....like a shit stained diaper, you might say.

surely you understand articles like this go hand in hand with the losing, right? just what were you expecting out of the media...something positive? is it beyond belief that that sense of disappointment would also trickle down into the fanbase?
[/quote]

Yes, ed, his rant is the same, but why change it? The people that are going to whine, are going to whine anyway, and the people that aren't are going to agree with him. I don't know if you've noticed, but there are a lot more people on this board that have been members for a while, but seem to only post when they can bitch. Zero last year, a ton this year.

As far as Pdouche, he's an ass. If you didn't realize that the popcorn was a play on TO's "gotta get your popcorn ready" then you are just a poser who has season tickets because you have money, not because you follow football. So Pdouche is either a poser or an ass, along with a large segment of the Bengal's fan base.

Btw, you probably know which way I'm leaning with Pdouche!!

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1292600562' post='951483']
Yes, ed, his rant is the same, but why change it? The people that are going to whine, are going to whine anyway, and the people that aren't are going to agree with him. I don't know if you've noticed, but there are a lot more people on this board that have been members for a while, but seem to only post when they can bitch. Zero last year, a ton this year.

As far as Pdouche, he's an ass. If you didn't realize that the popcorn was a play on TO's "gotta get your popcorn ready" then you are just a poser who has season tickets because you have money, not because you follow football. So Pdouche is either a poser or an ass, along with a large segment of the Bengal's fan base.

Btw, you probably know which way I'm leaning with Pdouche!!
[/quote]

he cried, then she cried, then they cried, then you cried, then i cried, then he shit his diaper, then she shit her diaper, then i shit my diaper, then we all shit our diapers....... everyone shit their diapers but mike brown, yet he shit in all our diapers.

now excuse me, for a minute. i have to go get a clean diaper...this one smells like shit.

(or something like that)

At the end of the day if the losing effects you that much, you should quit. If you don't quit then quit pretending your a victim of the something that you choose to follow.

The Reds sucking had 0 effect on me. Why? It's simple I go when I want and turn them off when I want. Following the Bengals win or lose is fun for me, quit trying to tell me what a bad deal it is. It may be the worse fucking deal in the world, but I like and can afford to like it. Reds basically have to reach postseason before my personal fan meter registers a blip.

People need to quit lying to themselves or quit being miserable and quit. NFL is fun. Football is fun. It's easy to be a fan in some sort of way. It's social and all the other jazz.

Edit: The Reds sucking did have a slight effect because you basically have to sit through Bengals version of the meltdowns. So that's a little annoying to listen. The constant rants of not spending money. The 1,0000 different trades or batting orders. Kill me.

I mostly agree with you [b]Scharm[/b]...it IS supposed to be fun. And to me it still is, except that laughing at the Bengals ineptitude and creative ways of losing games is a lot LESS fun than watching a winning team, especially in light of the heightened expectations coming into this season based off of last year.

I am not a season ticket holder and can't get to too many games each year (but for the grace of others) but if I [i]was[/i] a season ticket holder, I think my irritation level would be quite a bit higher, simply based off the fact that I'd feel I was wasting my money on something where the way the franchise is run isn't showing much in the way of improvement or emulating the way model franchises are run, like the fucking Steelers are.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1292603793' post='951498']
I mostly agree with you [b]Scharm[/b]...it IS supposed to be fun. And to me it still is, except that laughing at the Bengals ineptitude and creative ways of losing games is a lot LESS fun than watching a winning team, especially in light of the heightened expectations coming into this season based off of last year.

I am not a season ticket holder and can't get to too many games each year (but for the grace of others) but if I [i]was[/i] a season ticket holder, I think my irritation level would be quite a bit higher, simply based off the fact that I'd feel I was wasting my money on something where the way the franchise is run isn't showing much in the way of improvement or emulating the way model franchises are run, like the fucking Steelers are.
[/quote]

I certainly agree with you that 2005 and 2009 season are 100% more enjoyable over a 2010 season. I'm not suggesting that any fan (paying or not paying) should not feel some sort of frustration with the teams performance. We all do.

If the irritation level never goes away there is a choice that can be made and quite frankly should be made. I never feel like I have wasted my money because no matter how many times I've walked out of that stadium frustrated over a loss, I have always looked forward to the next home game.

I'm not going to sit on a message board or sports talk radio and make some sort of false statment about frustration. I enjoy being a bengal fan and a fan of the NFL. Of course I don't identify with an article by Paul taking an obivious reference of TOs "get your popcorn" ready and his assertion that it's a bad deal. For some, maybe it is and good for them. For me, on a day that has it snowed all day and for a 2 and whatever team I just made sure tailgate plans were in full swing and I'd start tailgating today if I could.

Why lie to myself and others? I'm a bengal fan. I got money. I enjoy it. Fuck anyone that doesn't want to understand that and fuck anyone that wants to be miserable year in and year out about Mike Brown and never takes the easiest choice to end that misery. There is plenty of evidence of some members of this board that are that way. Everything about the NFL and the Bengals is Mike Brown to them. Fine. That's there choice but fuck em because they refuse to help themselves.

Edit: By the way this not some sort I'm a good fan and your a shitty fan. Be what kind a fan you want to be but if your miserable about it, I'm just pointing out that there are thousands of people that want nothing to do with the Bengals and the NFL. I'm sure they are happy people as well. Maybe some should give it a try.

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1292615882' post='951538']
We really do need a new sponsor for the Red Zone bit.

I can't think of anything much worse than Heinz... damn stealer trash.

Tampax, maybe...
[/quote]

Other stadiums do "Hunts" redzone. You see "HUNTS" or "HEINZ" in grocery stores pending location. Probably a national NFL deal.

Which maybe Paul might want to take a couple seconds to research before bashing the team.

Edit: It took two seconds to figure Heinz red zone is/was (article was dated) at Cleveland, Baltimore, Jets, and Bills. The deal is with the local teams but the avenue to talk to the clubs was brokered by the league.

Took another second to see Indy at one point did "Red Gold" red zone.

The Heinz Red Zone has always bugged me. What I find way worse is that the stadium staff wear Steeler Yellow. Why on earth would you want hundreds of stadium staff looking like Steelers faithful? I get that they can't go with orange, but give them all fluorescent green shirts/jackets and be done with it.

And while I'm posting: TEAR DOWN THAT ESCALATOR IN THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE STADIUM. It's bad enough to see the seats empty out when the game gets rough. It's another to let the opposing team laugh at us when that thing fills up for all to see... Yeah yeah yeah. Fire codes can suck my dick.

Nothing real wrong with Heinz Red Zone for the most part. It does make me think of Heinz field every time it is said though. However, it also makes me think of Bill "Tiger" Johnson.

[img]http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050801AC_SEEN_golf5_450.jpg[/img]
[b][size="1"]Bill "Tiger" Johnson and Heinz CEO Bill Johnson at the Heinz/NFL Charity Golf Classic to benefit the Make-A-Wish foundation held at the Allegheny Country Club in Sewickley. Photo by Alyssa Cwanger / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.[/size][/b]

Yes, that was OUR coach at one time in the history of the Bengals. He was the first head coach of the Bengals not named Paul Brown. His son was the one who commemorated the inaugural season of Heinz Field.

After Paul Brown appointed Bill "Tiger" Johnson as his successor, Walsh resigned and served as an assistant coach for Tommy Prothro with the San Diego Chargers in 1976. In a 2006 interview[4] , Walsh claimed that during his tenure with the Bengals, Brown "worked against my candidacy" to be a head coach anywhere in the league. "All the way through I had opportunities, and I never knew about them," Walsh said. "And then when I left him, he called whoever he thought was necessary to keep me out of the NFL."

Needless to say, this might have been the second worst decision in Paul Brown's life. The first you already know what is...

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1292597922' post='951476']
[/quote]

P-douche has had the same attitude regardless of how the team is doing. Maybe he was beat down by the 90's, too. If that's the case he should start covering cat shows or some shit. A lot of the fans are the same way. That's pretty much my point in a nutshell. It's almost like a lot of people are more disappointed when they [i]aren't[/i] losing.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1292619235' post='951548']
Other stadiums do "Hunts" redzone. You see "HUNTS" or "HEINZ" in grocery stores pending location. Probably a national NFL deal.

Which maybe Paul might want to take a couple seconds to research before bashing the team.

Edit: It took two seconds to figure Heinz red zone is/was (article was dated) at Cleveland, Baltimore, Jets, and Bills. The deal is with the local teams but the avenue to talk to the clubs was brokered by the league.

Took another second to see Indy at one point did "Red Gold" red zone.
[/quote]

You know he hates this job. He said so himself in that chat posted here a year or two ago, remember? Something along the lines of "Paul, why do you still report on the Bengals?" "because I get paid".

He's a prick and still spouting anything negative about the Bengals that he can. Facts and research be damned.

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1292640873' post='951584']
You know he hates this job. He said so himself in that chat posted here a year or two ago, remember? Something along the lines of "Paul, why do you still report on the Bengals?" "because I get paid".

He's a prick and still spouting anything negative about the Bengals that he can. Facts and research be damned.
[/quote]

It's how he gets back at the team & city. He's an asshole. I can't imagine what type of person enjoys reading that shit.

Archived