TSA gropes 6 year old

CTBengalsFan

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1302724267' post='983453']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3sH1GaO_nw[/media]

They should have the National Anthem playing in the background, because that's the definition of freedom
[/quote]

If it's not an American flag, it must be a bomb...

There are going to be more instances of this. There is no way to exempt anyone from patdowns. If the TSA did, the people who sneak things onboard would just place them with those that don't get searched.

Still reminds me of the cartoon;

[img]http://beartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/11-21-10-Bearman-CartoonsTSA-Pat-Down.png[/img]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1302728387' post='983469']
I have no problem with them checking her. Let's all not be so foolish to think that there are some people out there who WOULD plant stuff on a child if they knew the child wouldn't be checked.

The only thing wrong in this thread is the title of the video.
[/quote]

Yep, because every other country on earth has to "frisk" six-year-olds to keep terrorists off their planes.

{Pssst! No they don't!}

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1302733573' post='983476']
most other countries are liked better and not targeted by terrorists.
[/quote]

Ummm, no not really...

Plenty of shit in Europe has gotten blown up too. A far higher number of incidents, really.

Terrorists could go to any mall in this country right now and blow people up or shoot them up, and rack up a pretty high body count before anyone could respond. Should we have TSA in every mall? Every busy intersection? Stationed in our homes?

Where does it end? Clearly not before molesting small children.

If anyone else besides a TSA overlord did that, they could be arrested. It's disgusting.

And by the way, who the hell has the TSA stopped? You know if they did actually stop someone it'd be obsessed about in the MSM as a shining example of why our devolution into a police state is wholesome, good, and American as apple pie.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1302735383' post='983479']
Ummm, no not really...

Plenty of shit in Europe has gotten blown up too. A far higher number of incidents, really.

Terrorists could go to any mall in this country right now and blow people up or shoot them up, and rack up a pretty high body count before anyone could respond. Should we have TSA in every mall? Every busy intersection? Stationed in our homes?

If anyone else besides a TSA overlord did that, they could be arrested. It's disgusting.

And by the way, who the hell has the TSA stopped? You know if they did actually stop someone it'd be obsessed about in the MSM as a shining example of why our devolution into a police state is wholesome, good, and American as apple pie.
[/quote]

I'm not in favor of what the TSA is doing here, but it doesn't cross the line into molestation, so lets not get carried away. I agree with [b]El Flocko[/b], an Israeli El-Al style security is what we need.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg3fmmmIUXs[/media]

Ummm, no not really...

[/quote]

This.

There was NO molestation in that video. Get a grip people! And it isn't about that anyway, what its really about is that the TSA is derided often for good reason as being a mere dog and pony show of security (and have been infiltrated multiple times with the measures they try to implement by counter-security agents) and that better alternatives exist...if we would take the time and effort to adopt them.

Ummm, no not really...

Where does it end? [b]Clearly not before molesting small children.[/b]

[/quote]

I've seen enough of your posts to know you're not an idiot, and I know that even YOU know that the bolded isn't even remotely close to what happened in that video.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1302736059' post='983481']
I'm not in favor of what the TSA is doing here, but it doesn't cross the line into molestation, so lets not get carried away. I agree with [b]El Flocko[/b], an Israeli El-Al style security is what we need.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg3fmmmIUXs[/media]
[/quote]

Hasn't people in the states thrown a fit over profiling, which it appears what is happening with how Israel does their airport security. That being said, nothing ever happening is pretty impressive with their style of handling things.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1302819246' post='983734']
Hasn't people in the states thrown a fit over profiling, which it appears what is happening with how Israel does their airport security. That being said, nothing ever happening is pretty impressive with their style of handling things.
[/quote]

Oh, I am in favor of profiling without a doubt, but not for invasive searches so much but just for additional questioning. I have a feeling the Israelis are really good at unearthing terrorist plots just by the simple act of having a highly trained security person ask some telling questions and being able to read body language very well.

I got stopped by the US Border Patrol for a routine stop in Texas between Big Bend NP and Alpine. The cop was of course educated, and he asked me a series of questions designed to catch me in a lie had I been lying. More important than the answers are how I would have reacted having been caught (an how I behaved anyway). My point: $8 an hour TSA flunkees aren't cut out for what this cop was up to.

I guess 2 things come to mind immediately...

1) Don't you have to refuse the body scan to get the pat down? Why'd they refuse the body scan?
2) Who walks through an airport, especially at security, with a video camera at the ready? It looked to me like a family (read: parents) that were out to make a point of what the TSA does in general. Just my initial impression.

As for the pat down... I didn't see a thing wrong with the actual pat down itself. The agent made sure the mother was standing where she could see what the agent was doing (even having her move to the front of the child when she moved to check her front), she was explaining what she was doing so the child would understand and know what to expect. From the standpoint of her doing her job, I thought she did an excellent job. Now, that may very well have been for the camera. But, you'd do the same at your job if you were being videotaped... you'd make sure you did EVERYTHING perfectly.

If you want to debate the TSA in general, and whether they help stop anything... that is a completely separate argument and debate. But the title and description of this video is extraordinarily misleading.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1302870600' post='983825']

1) Don't you have to refuse the body scan to get the pat down? Why'd they refuse the body scan?
2) Who walks through an airport, especially at security, with a video camera at the ready? It looked to me like a family (read: parents) that were out to make a point of what the TSA does in general. Just my initial impression.

As for the pat down... I didn't see a thing wrong with the actual pat down itself. The agent made sure the mother was standing where she could see what the agent was doing (even having her move to the front of the child when she moved to check her front), she was explaining what she was doing so the child would understand and know what to expect. From the standpoint of her doing her job, I thought she did an excellent job. Now, that may very well have been for the camera. But, you'd do the same at your job if you were being videotaped... you'd make sure you did EVERYTHING perfectly.

If you want to debate the TSA in general, and whether they help stop anything... that is a completely separate argument and debate. But the title and description of this video is extraordinarily misleading.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1302870600' post='983825']

[/quote]

The girl had already been through the scanner...

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1302819246' post='983734']
[/quote]

Racial profiling is completely different than what the Israelis do for security. Profiling is awesome... What isn't awesome is seeing a black guy in a BMW and pulling him over because "That boy's likely up to no good!"

There is a difference between reading body language, emotions and actions that fit a pattern, and being a racist prick.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1302874962' post='983849']
Racial profiling is completely different than what the Israelis do for security. Profiling is awesome... What isn't awesome is seeing a black guy in a BMW and pulling him over because "That boy's likely up to no good!"

There is a difference between reading body language, emotions and actions that fit a pattern, and being a racist prick.
[/quote]

Sadly that word has been unfairly tainted...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1302874615' post='983847']
The girl had already been through the scanner...
[/quote]

I've looked and not seen anywhere that reflected that she was through the scanner. But, that is neither here nor there - I'll take your word for it.

My original premise still stands regarding just happening to have a video camera at the ready. Additionally, the only other option had everyone up in arms because they were "profiling"...

I don't see another solution. If you're going to check you either randomly select people or you are profiling... there is no other word for it. If it wasn't truly random you'd hear screams of profiling. Personally, I'd prefer they profiled and tend to lean toward checking those that "fit the mold" so to speak.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1302876760' post='983857']
I've looked and not seen anywhere that reflected that she was through the scanner. But, that is neither here nor there - I'll take your word for it.

My original premise still stands regarding just happening to have a video camera at the ready. Additionally, the only other option had everyone up in arms because they were "profiling"...

I don't see another solution. If you're going to check you either randomly select people or you are profiling... there is no other word for it. If it wasn't truly random you'd hear screams of profiling. Personally, I'd prefer they profiled and tend to lean toward checking those that "fit the mold" so to speak.
[/quote]

Who doesn't walk around with a video camera on them? I don't even have a fancy smart phone, and I can do video with it. And I think you are confusing the good profiling with stupid profiling that doesn't work.

No one would be screaming about profiling if it was done properly. You should research how the Israelis go about it.. And real profiling which is done every day by the FBI to great success.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1302876932' post='983858']
Who doesn't walk around with a video camera on them? I don't even have a fancy smart phone, and I can do video with it. And I think you are confusing the good profiling with stupid profiling that doesn't work.

No one would be screaming about profiling if it was done properly. You should research how the Israelis go about it.. And real profiling which is done every day by the FBI to great success.
[/quote]

I do understand the different between good profiling and stupid profiling... but I can assure you in our country now ANY profiling that is done openly (which is what the TSA would be doing) is going to get critiqued critically by a group... any group. There'll be some group crying they're being unfairly picked on. Again, I prefer that profiling be used. I think you and I are in agreement on that. But with how quickly all these different groups are "offended" these days unless you have an administration and organization willing to stand up to the public scrutiny it'll not happen.

Archived