Am i the only whos pissed they gave out chads number

Like seriously? i have nothing against standeford but why in the world would u just disrespect your all time leading reciever by giving away his number like it wasnt nothing. I know some of u guys hate chad but atleast hes one of the reasons why we even sniffed spotlight or fucking primetime...

[quote name='Nati Ice' timestamp='1313200071' post='1014840']
LOL WTF are you talking about. The man is not immortal and he was a team cancer. In spite of what he thinks about himself, he is not that special.
[/quote]

I believe he holds the majority of the Bengals receiving records so yeah, he is that special. They could have waited a season to give someone that number.
MULLY

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1313200457' post='1014850']
He's not on the team anymore.... why wouldn't they give it out?
[/quote]

I don't think anyone, including myself, is enough of a Chad homer to think they should retire that number. But a one season layoff wouldn't hurt, or at least don't give it to a fucking scrub.
MULLY

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1313199751' post='1014833']
Like seriously? i have nothing against standeford but why in the world would u just disrespect your all time leading reciever by giving away his number like it wasnt nothing. I know some of u guys hate chad but atleast hes one of the reasons why we even sniffed spotlight or fucking primetime...
[/quote]

That makes me a bit upset.

I'm also upset about Dalton getting #14.

What # is Gradshitski wearing? If he has #7 I will pretty much want to hope James Harrison kills him on the field.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1313200478' post='1014852']
I believe he holds the majority of the Bengals receiving records so yeah, he is that special. They could have waited a season to give someone that number.
MULLY
[/quote]
No. That is not how the game works. And that is certainly not how the Bengals operate.

Right now with more players in training camp, numbers are at a premium.. There isn't room to not put Chad's number back in rotation, better to give him a number that is not being used as opposed to doubling up someone's number.. The Eagles were doubling numbers last night, McCoy's #25 jersey was being used by someone else.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1313200589' post='1014858']
I don't think anyone, including myself, is enough of a Chad homer to think they should retire that number. But a one season layoff wouldn't hurt, or at least don't give it to a fucking scrub.
MULLY
[/quote]
It is the pre season. There are only so many numbers. Hell last I checked there were like 3 people with 43 or something. And what do you want them to do in regards to handing it out to a non-scrub? Give it to AJ? That seems like an even bigger smack in the face.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1313200478' post='1014852']
MULLY
[/quote]

There were only 3 numbers they could have given him by NFL rules:

and frankly, IMO Kelly deserves his number preserved for a year more than Chad did. The other option was Henry's old number.

Regardless, it was Isaac Curtis' number long before it was ever Chad's.

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1313201424' post='1014904']
Lol u guys are chad johnson haters, sure i dont like the way his last years as a bengal were but atleast show him some respect. Might as well give out chris henry's number to a scrub too
[/quote]
You're totally wrong Elijah... I think everyone loved Chad Johnson.

Chad OchoStinko, by his own admission, did NOT give it his all for the last four years. I think that because of that, he DESERVED to have 85 given to a FA pick-up.

Chad is a quitter just like Carson. Can't argue the facts.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1313201676' post='1014915']
You're totally wrong Elijah... I think everyone loved Chad Johnson.

[b]Chad OchoStinko, by his own admission, did NOT give it his all for the last four years. I think that because of that, he DESERVED to have 85 given to a FA pick-up.
[/b]
Chad is a quitter just like Carson. Can't argue the facts.
[/quote]

That makes me hate Marvin and soP more than it does make me hate Chad. Fix the shit ASAP, don't let it linger four years. Good on soP.

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1313201972' post='1014927']
Lol but that number was his brand... he made the #85 be known, atleast keep it away from someone for atleast a year or 2
[/quote]

It was CHAD's brand... Not the Bengals. Chad isn't on the team anymore. Sorry bruh..

Archived