!!!49ers @ BENGALS GAME THREAD!!!

[quote name='BengalsCat' timestamp='1316981199' post='1036613']daltons gonna have his ups and downs... we should have had a touchdown on one of those two drives inside the 10 and its a non issue. if the defense doesnt shit all over itself on that last drive its a non issue.. ugh.[/quote]
Yep, FG's at or inside the 5 = loss

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1316981399' post='1036617']
1987. wheres sam whysche
[/quote]

Who's that?
MULLY

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1316983177' post='1036647']

How many years have we been rebuilding? 10...20...
[/quote]

It's a work in progress.
MULLY

[/quote]

[/quote]

The rebuilding never ends. If this was an expansion team or a team that had been highly competitive for years and finally got old and needed to retool, that would be one thing. This is a team that had 20 years of decency, passed the mantle of ownership, and has been a perpetually rebuilding mess ever since. Someone said it's a work in progress. Nonsense. It's a work in stagnation at best. A work in regress is more like it.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1316985108' post='1036667']
LOL. What were you guys expecting this year??? I said 4-12 and stand by it. Not hating on Dalton, just saying its the NFL, not fucking pop warner. You don't take a new team and magically kick ass.
[/quote]
Well when you go from playing 1st place teams, to shitty 4th place teams and get the NFC West..you tend to expect a little better of a season.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1316981941' post='1036633']
Fuck the Bengals! Thank god I canceled my season tickets.
[/quote]
I'm not going to say fuck the Bengals, they will always be my only team. BUT I am going to cancel my Sunday Ticket. My heart isn't in this anymore. Not to pay money to [u]not[/u] watch the games, anyway.

Same thing, week after week, year after year. I'll be content to listen to the radio broadcast on the phone until they cut that off.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316985238' post='1036668']
Well when you go from playing 1st place teams, to shitty 4th place teams and get the NFC West..you tend to expect a little better of a season.
[/quote]
Not really. We were a shitty team last year and lost some of best players aka, Chad, JoJo, TO and Carson. I didn't expect much just hoped we would improve during the year. You can say what you want about Chad and TO but they were our better players last year.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1316985108' post='1036667']
LOL. What were you guys expecting this year??? I said 4-12 and stand by it. Not hating on Dalton, just saying its the NFL, not fucking pop warner. You don't take a new team and magically kick ass.
[/quote]

When you know that you have no reason to expect anything - not even beating a rum-dumb team like the 49ers - at this stage of the game, it's pretty disgusting. Again, this isn't an expansion team nor is it a team that is rebuilding after a period of success. This is a team that has been shit for 20 years and is returning to its normal, shit state after only briefly flashing some indication that it might have a chance to raise it's general level from shit to mediocre. It should never have gotten to the point where you have to remove the team from the NFL to Pop Warner ball to expect it to win. It's always a new team or worse - that's the mark of a bullshit organization.

Archived