Daltons fumble[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Calibri,]The Ugly
2ndary - uuuuugly
No pass rush
cant cover a TE at all
Rey biting on a number of plays
Taylor Mays, I mean damn you got replaced.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Pretty much nailed it. I think you can put Daltons first half in the good category and second half in the ugly category.

Im just really disappointed. Its really unreal how many big games we have that marvin's teams just come out flat for. I know he preaches being even keel and I think that helps them sometimes with their second half comebacks by not getting too down when they fall behind, but they just come out flat so many times because marvin doesnt want them showing emotion. It hurts them every time in these big games.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1347329308' post='1157006']
D was just not prepared for the no huddle. Probably the asswhiping this team needs
[/quote]

Why? Why should it need an asswhipping? Why the fuck would they think they have done anything to need to be brought back down to earth?

All just goes back to shit coaching from Marvin. Per usual.

Damn this.

The good:
BJGE
Wr blocking
Aj
Baby hawk
Geno

The bad: lack of challenge flag in 1st half
Replacement refs
Pass pro

The ugly
Secondary (except Leon who was there every play just outmatched or had perfect thrown balls against him)
Overreaction of d to fakes
Andy's launch point/footwork/choices under duress. The ravens went after him hard in the 2nd half

The ugly:

I think the ugly for this week is that we missed on Gronk, Hernandez, and Graham. I know it was ugly this past year, but Gresh looks like the same old thing out there. Gets his catches on the checkdowns and that's about it. Hell Pitta and Dickson look better.

Hawk and BJGE are good. The Ravens are ridiculous. If our defense plays like this all year, were fighting Cleveland for last place.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1347329584' post='1157022']
I think the ugly for this week is that we missed on Gronk, Hernandez, and Graham. I know it was ugly this past year, but Gresh looks like the same old thing out there. Gets his catches on the checkdowns and that's about it. Hell Pitta and Dickson look better.

Hawk and BJGE are good. The Ravens are ridiculous. If our defense plays like this all year, were fighting Cleveland for last place.
[/quote]

Yeah, I mean how come Gresham never gets those catches like the ones pitta had today? Like where you do a play action and send everyone right but your TE and get that 20 yard route all by yourself across the middle? Is that coaching or is it gresham?

[quote name='The Left Hand of Frerotte' timestamp='1347329294' post='1157004']
Yeah, this is on Marvin Lewis. This is typical Marvin. A season with expectations and you come out of the gate and get spanked on national television. Please promote Gruden.
[/quote]

Good to see that Zimmer, who actually calls the defense, is blameless.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1347329769' post='1157031']
Yeah, I mean how come Gresham never gets those catches like the ones pitta had today? Like where you do a play action and send everyone right but your TE and get that 20 yard route all by yourself across the middle? Is that coaching or is it gresham?
[/quote]

likely a bit of both, but specifically the Pitta ones it comes with a dangerous running game. Pitta was open on those plays because the D was keying on Rice.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1347329932' post='1157039']
Yeah, this D was grossly overrated...
[/quote]

Possibly. I think its too early to know if this is the norm, or an aberration. The D was pretty darn good last year, and they only lost one starter, and Crocker damn sure wasn't the glue that held it all together.

They were embarassing tonight, but I don't expect this to continue.

I am not to concerned about this team. It's only one game. Half of the league is 0-1. Both the Browns and Steelers lost. This team still has a good chance at being 5-2 or 6-1 at the bye week. At times the O looked really good. The D will get better once Dunlap, Allen, and Kirk start playing.

Also Pitt got killed last year on opening night by the Ravens.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1347329769' post='1157031']
[/quote]
I think if something happens so much, it likely isn't by chance. If something doesn't happen very often, its likely for a reason. I'm not saying the dude can't play football, but he isn't going to have the same impact on the game like those top guys. I don't think its talent. I think its the mental part. Routes seem to be sloppy, which leads to lack of being able to get open. Just disappointing.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1347329475' post='1157015']

Why? Why should it need an asswhipping? Why the fuck would they think they have done anything to need to be brought back down to earth?

[/quote]

Talk to me Thursday. I don't have time for the "Frustrated Fan".

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1347330118' post='1157043']
I am not to concerned about this team. It's only one game. Half of the league is 0-1. Both the Browns and Steelers lost. This team still has a good chance at being 5-2 or 6-1 at the bye week. At times the O looked really good. The D will get better once Dunlap, Allen, and Kirk start playing.

Also Pitt got killed last year on opening night by the Ravens.
[/quote]

Agreed. O played well for the first 35 mins, the D was never in it. To be totally frank, I think it was the no huddle and not being able to rotate in and out. Let's see how we all feel after sunday.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1347329475' post='1157015']

[/quote]

Again I ask, why aren't zimmer and gruden getting some of your ire? What about the players?

I certainly agree that Marvin deserves some blame, but head coaches are also too often used as scapegoats. Everyone shit the bed tonight, not just Marvin. Pretending its all Marvin's fault won't get you anywhere.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1347330098' post='1157042']
Possibly. I think its too early to know if this is the norm, or an aberration. The D was pretty darn good last year, and they only lost one starter, and Crocker damn sure wasn't the glue that held it all together.

They were embarassing tonight, but I don't expect this to continue.
[/quote]

Im usually more of a "homer" then a "debbie downer" but do you remember the QBs we beat last year compared to the ones we have on the schedule this year? We have Peyton, Eli, Vick, RG3, Palmer, Rivers, Romo, Ben twice, Flacco again. Only good news is we have Tannehill, gabbert, and weeden twice, although the jury is still out on all of them.

Just to refresh, last year our wins came against Mccoy twice, Fitzy, Gabbert, Painter, Tavares Jackson, Matt Hasselbeck, Klemens, and Skelton. Thats really, really scary when you break it down like that. We face 11 QBs that are better then the best QB we beat last year (Fitz?).

Im not ready to give up, but I really dont think you can look at last years defense and say that means we are gonna be any better this year.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1347330951' post='1157072']
Im usually more of a "homer" then a "debbie downer" but do you remember the QBs we beat last year compared to the ones we have on the schedule this year? We have Peyton, Eli, Vick, RG3, Palmer, Rivers, Romo, Ben twice, Flacco again. Only good news is we have Tannehill, gabbert, and weeden twice, although the jury is still out on all of them.

Just to refresh, last year our wins came against Mccoy twice, Fitzy, Gabbert, Painter, Tavares Jackson, Matt Hasselbeck, Klemens, and Skelton. Thats really, really scary when you break it down like that. We face 11 QBs that are better then the best QB we beat last year (Fitz?).

Im not ready to give up, but I really dont think you can look at last years defense and say that means we are gonna be any better this year.
[/quote]

oh yea I remember. I also know that this D is better than what we saw tonight, and Zimmer is a better coach than what we saw tonight.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1347330951' post='1157072']

[/quote]

I agree 100%. The one thing I was worried about was the QB's that we would be playing. Seeing the secondary be full of wide open spaces only makes it worse. We can't give those guys 5+ seconds to throw though either.

Archived