After Week 1--Impression of Replacement Refs

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1348545802' post='1162779']

Somehow you feel that you can see if it was a tie better then the guy standing over the ball? They did not replay it from above, they did it from the side.
[/quote]

no offense, but you're blind if you think that was a tie. Jennings caught it and then Tate put his hands on it. One of the guys standing over the ball did call it a pick

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1348545907' post='1162782']
It's legal for a WR push the defender in the back to catch a hail mary right? So how much does Jon Gruden get fined for slamming the replacement refs and the league?
[/quote]

Totally illegal pass interference. That should have been called but never is.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1348546002' post='1162784']
no offense, but you're blind if you think that was a tie. Jennings caught it and then Tate put his hands on it. One of the guys standing over the ball did call it a pick
[/quote]

By the time the ref gets there in non slow mo it was much closer to a tie. Watch it again.

1 guy calls it a pick one calls it a td...sounds like an arguable tie.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1348545876' post='1162781']
Golden Tate clearly had pass interference. The first thing that I said when it went to the ground was tie goes to the receiver.
[/quote]

I know our angle isn't the best but dang that sure looked like a GB defender possessing a ball and a WR's hand touching the ball. I know it's a judgement call, I just think he called it the wrong way.

I like watching Seattle though... tough defense.

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1348546067' post='1162788']
This is the worst thing I ever have seen in my life.

Not only do you review it under the hood and still give him the TD, but how is that not an inference call?!

They blew this game so bad
[/quote]

3 refs looked at it 2 called it a TD. You cant see the ball in the replay at all. Its certainly less obvious then you are all making it seem.

Definitely pass interference but they never call that.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1348546149' post='1162791']
I know our angle isn't the best but dang that sure looked like a GB defender possessing a ball and a WR's hand touching the ball. I know it's a judgement call, I just think he called it the wrong way.

I like watching Seattle though... tough defense.
[/quote]

Completely reasonable assessment. A ref said tie and then they reviewed it and agreed. I wasn't 2 feet away from the play. Maybe he bobbled it until it came down into the other guys arms. Keep in mind that ESPN makes money off sensationalism.

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1348546067' post='1162788']
This is the worst thing I ever have seen in my life.

Not only do you review it under the hood and still give him the TD, but how is that not an inference call?!

They blew this game so bad
[/quote]

Tirico said that possession of the ball wasn't reviewable. Once the the refs on the field agree it was a TD due to simultaneous possession, that was that. Every scoring play is reviewed so that was a given. Right now Roger Godell is headed to his office to find out what the hell it is going to take to get the refs bacl.

[quote name='Gary' timestamp='1348546229' post='1162793']
Wow... Int and the refs blew it again.

If this happened to the Bengals I bet all you asshats that said it was a good catch would be singing a different tune.
[/quote]

How could you blame anyone? Of course your guy has possession. There's no other way to see it.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1348546002' post='1162784']

[/quote]

False. He didn't have possession. By the time his feet/body were on the ground, Tate had both hands on the ball. I refuse to listen to the announcers and everyone's bullshit. Tate had possession as well.

I may very well be a spaz. But you my trollish friend are a fucktard. You always insist on saying dumbshit to get a rise out of everyone on this site. Look @ me, I know nothing about football and I chose my screenname from a cheesy USA network tv show because that guy is soo cool. I guess I wool join everyone else on here in ignoring you. To everyone else, that was a travesty. Hopefully this changes the negotiation urgency.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1348546378' post='1162800']
False. He didn't have possession. By the time his feet/body were on the ground, Tate had both hands on the ball. I refuse to listen to the announcers and everyone's bullshit. Tate had possession as well.
[/quote]

Tate had one arm reaching in on the ball while Jennings had the both wrapped up in both arms while his ass in on the ground.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1348546410' post='1162802']
I may very well be a spaz. But you my trollish friend are a fucktard. You always insist on saying dumbshit to get a rise out of everyone on this site. Look @ me, I know nothing about football and I chose my screenname from a cheesy USA network tv show because that guy is soo cool. I guess I wool join everyone else on here in ignoring you. To everyone else, that was a travesty. Hopefully this changes the negotiation urgency.
[/quote]

This is absolutely what happens and the best course of action is to put him on ignore and never quote him.

Archived