The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Redskins

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1348437088' post='1162245']
Btw newman did NOTHING wrong with that punt. Once washington touches the ball Newman can fucking spin it in place like it is a top if he wants and they cannot recover it as a fumble. If the ball hadn't hit the goal line newman caused it to be downed at the 4 yard line instead of the 1 yard line as it was moving back towards the goal line. That was a smart play by him.

The late hit was shitty cuz he launched himself and he shouldn't have done it, but RG3 was still in bounds and if that was any player other than QB they don't flag it. Still he needs to know it is the QB and to not do it.
[/quote]

I'm never surprised when the broadcasters don't know the rules. It IS amazing that as they continued tripping about Terrence Newman trying to pick up that punt NOBODY in the booth got in their ears to tell them to shut the fuck up.

As stated above, if the punting team is the first to touch a punt, the receiving team CANNOT lose possession - NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO WITH THE BALL.

And these are the same talking heads that keep criticizing the replacement refs...

Announcers that have been calling games for ten plus years should know the damn rules.

[quote name='Big Alice' timestamp='1348441892' post='1162293']

I'm never surprised when the broadcasters don't know the rules. It IS amazing that as they continued tripping about Terrence Newman trying to pick up that punt NOBODY in the booth got in their ears to tell them to shut the fuck up.

As stated above, if the punting team is the first to touch a punt, the receiving team CANNOT lose possession - NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO WITH THE BALL.

And these are the same talking heads that keep criticizing the replacement refs...

Announcers that have been calling games for ten plus years should know the damn rules.
[/quote]

I honestly did not know that rule.

Fwiw though, Newman shouldn't have assumed that the refs did either.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348434518' post='1162203']
Come on man it's clear you have an agenda. He's played well regardless of who he's faced the last two weeks.

Why are you ignoring that he was held right before the leg whip?
[/quote]

I agree with you that MJ had a hell of a good day, but for the love of everything holy will you stop with this "you have an agenda" bullshit already?

The Good
First half D
Dalton and the WRs
Both TEs getting some action
MJ was giving his guy fits
Pass rush was there....at times

The Bad
The Running game, in particular the Oline, they opened up very little in the way of running lanes
A few penalties seemed like they stalled some drives

The Ugly
2nd Half D....how we let them back into it was just bad
Andy's pick 6
Law Firm's first ever fumble
DC TRAFFIC....good lord...

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1348442962' post='1162302']
Yes and you havent made a thread like this in years. Are you really this petty?
[/quote]

well, he's right.

Does it really matter who starts the thread? Did it matter that much to you to start it, that you started it 2 hours before the game even took place? Not sure Jason is the one being petty...

Just about the only thread sacred on this site is the gameday thread started by Old, and even he asks other people to start it if he can't.

Doesn't really matter at all who starts this thread.

Good,

Offensive Coordinator realizing we were going to have to throw to win and being able to do it .
The D-Line was a BEAST!!!!! Adam played well also.
WR corp

Bad

Prevent defense,
Rey's effort on the RGIII run, he gained 8 yards AFTER he got by him

Ugly....

The game should have been over, they didn't wind the clock.
The Refs
Rey.. I was one of his biggest supporters, but I think it's time. He missed so many tackles, allowing so many yards after contact

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1348443902' post='1162318']
Good,

Offensive Coordinator realizing we were going to have to throw to win and being able to do it .
The D-Line was a BEAST!!!!! Adam played well also.
WR corp

Bad

Prevent defense,
Rey's effort on the RGIII run, he gained 8 yards AFTER he got by him

Ugly....

The game should have been over, they didn't wind the clock.
The Refs
Rey.. I was one of his biggest supporters, but I think it's time. He missed so many tackles, allowing so many yards after contact
[/quote]

I'm not sure if its injury or head case, but the only reason not to sit RM is that I have no idea who we would put in there instead. Burfict already has a job.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348443713' post='1162315']
well, he's right.

Does it really matter who starts the thread? Did it matter that much to you to start it, that you started it 2 hours before the game even took place? Not sure Jason is the one being petty...

Just about the only thread sacred on this site is the gameday thread started by Old, and even he asks other people to start it if he can't.

Doesn't really matter at all who starts this thread.
[/quote]

I started a thread I start every week for the past year and a half, as I knew I was not going to be able to when I was at the game. So what?

Jason used to make this thread a few years ago, then abandon it, and now apparently this is a point of contention, for the two of you.

Really? Really?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1348444166' post='1162323']

I started a thread I start every week for the past year and a half, as I knew I was not going to be able to when I was at the game. So what?

Jason used to make this thread a few years ago, then abandon it, and now apparently this is a point of contention, for the two of you.

Really? Really?
[/quote]

I didn't really care until you childishly jumped on Jason. If I cared that much I would have said something this morning.

This thread would have gotten started just fine whether you're around or not. But if you want, this can be your special thread Jamie.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348444340' post='1162325']
I didn't really care until you childishly jumped on Jason. If I cared that much I would have said something this morning.

This thread would have gotten started just fine whether you're around or not.
[/quote]

Why feel the need to comment about it getting started at all? I didnt "childishly" jump on anyone, I simply stated that I was at the game so I was starting it early and he decided to get upset that "I took his thread" ... a thread he hasnt made in years. It was and is petty and I called a spade a spade on it. Why you feel you need to get in the middle of it is beyond me (well no, its not, your in love and it's cute, but I'm not interested), Jason is a big boy, he doesnt need your help. I know you are the "defend all that is good and holy" guy, but please get a life.

GOOD:

Dalton, after he settled down.
Dunlap's impact on the defense.
The Wildcat.
Green.
Hawkins is a legitimate special talent.
Binns is a very good receiver, big, long, physical, and can run.
Burfict is their best linebacker and there was difference when he played and when Vinny Rey played.

BAD:

Dalton is still deciding pre-play who he's gonna throw to.
Linebacker play, outside of Burfict.
Safety play.

UGLY:

That fake FG, though fake FG is not a bad play call.
Pick 6 was Dalton deciding ahead of time he would go to the outlet while Green stood wide open at 1 o'clock in front of him. Tough to see though while Kerrigan is clocking him.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1348444546' post='1162327']

Why feel the need to comment about it getting started at all? I didnt "childishly" jump on anyone, I simply stated that I was at the game so I was starting it early and he decided to get upset that "I took his thread" ... a thread he hasnt made in years. It was and is petty and I called a spade a spade on it. Why you feel you need to get in the middle of it is beyond me, Jason is a big boy, he doesnt need your help. I know you are the "defend all that is good and holy" guy, but please get a life.
[/quote]

Or you could just not be an ass to other posters.

I doubt Jason cares if this is his thing or not. He hadn't made one in years. You're the only one who seems to care about who starts what threads. But if starting this thread matters that much in your life, hey have at it.

Don't know why you think we'd all be lost without you if you weren't around to start this thread every week. I think the board would survive.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348444724' post='1162330']
Or you could just not be an ass to other posters.

I doubt Jason cares if this is his thing or not. You're the only one who seems to care about who starts what threads. But if starting this thread matters that much in your life, hey have at it.
[/quote]

Says the guy who thinks anyone critical of anything "has an agenda"...at this point that line is embarrassing, like I'm embarrassed for you.

If you dont care, dont say so.

Ugly: There were three or four plays in a row that RG rolled out and was pursued by a defender dragging a Redskin behind him with no flag.

Curious: I don't recall any injuries today except for AJ getting the wind knocked out. Somebody went down on the last Hail Mary play. They said a Bengal was down, then they cut away to another game. Anybody know who it was?

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1348451834' post='1162419']
Ugly: There were three or four plays in a row that RG rolled out and was pursued by a defender dragging a Redskin behind him with no flag.

Curious: I don't recall any injuries today except for AJ getting the wind knocked out. Somebody went down on the last Hail Mary play. They said a Bengal was down, then they cut away to another game. Anybody know who it was?
[/quote]

I heard someone say that tonight too, but still don't know who

Archived