The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Redskins

While Jamie is at the game looking around....

The good:

[img]http://plusthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Redskins-cheerleaders-in-Washington.jpg[/img]

The Bad:

[img]http://www.dcpages.com/gallery/d/35483-2/DSC00584.jpg[/img]

The Ugly:

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/152/873/RedskinsFans_display_image.jpg?1265657571[/img]
Kick them in the mangina for me.....

and

Kick him in the totem pole!

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/108/962/55988858_crop_650x440.jpg?1294765089[/img]

[size=5][font=georgia,serif]Good: Dalton, WRs, Dunlap, 1st half defense, Michael Johnson[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=georgia,serif]Bad: Defense 2nd Half, [/font][/size]

[size=5][font=georgia,serif]Ugly: Newman bone head plays, Running game.[/font][/size]

Newman did make some terribly stupid plays, but I don't remember him being burnt in coverage (and he did start). Just trying to look on the bright side. But posts suggesting he get a plane ride out of here are dumb, unless you wanna also pull another starting CB out of your ass.

Andy Dalton is looking legit. He's willing to stare down a blitz and deliver an accurate ball (see Binns TD).

I'm very pleasantly surprised by our receivers. They have stepped up much more than I thought they would. Binns & Hawkins >> Simpson & Caldwell.

BJGE had some tough sledding today, but did save his best runs for the end when we enough first downs to not give a TO-less team enough time to score at the end.

Rey still looks pretty brutal out there.

Carlos Dunlap made a huge difference. Michael Johnson (who is much maligned here) had 3 sacks. Secondary didn't look terrible.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1348433088' post='1162162']
Rename this thread the good, the bad, and the Rey
[/quote]
EXACTLY.

I will be shocked if he's playing next week. Sucks that we don't have depth right now, but he's done. I'll go so far as to say that I think the Defense actually played quite a solid game. I'd guess and easy 80% of their success lays at Rey's feet. They clearly game-planned to go right at him. He's literally loafing out there, his tackling is so poor as to be laughable. If Burfict doesn't take over I think we can expect Skuta to do so. If not, then I'm changing my mind about this coaching staff. I played MLB and know the ins and outs of the position. Rey is THE liability on this defense. The D- Line played well, as did the secondary. But god help us if they block the line because Rey WILL GET BLOCKED, or miss the tackle, or jog as the ballcarrier sprints by him. Terrible, inexcusable. Awful. He's giving the D a black eye and something has to be done about him.

I thought the O did admirably, though it'd be nice to get some more push in the run game. The Dalton gang is chugging right along, and it's hard to believe this is on the third game with this group of receivers. Couldn't be happier for Hawkins and Binns, and it's nice to see another week with 4 guys going over 60 yards. I'd like to see a few more passes underneath to the RB's, but you can't complain with 38 points.

I don't have any trouble with the fake field goal. If you go back and watch that play, it was a walk in touchdown - except for the fact that Peko decided not to block his man. I like the aggressive play calling. It's been needed around here for a long time and will help to put teams on their heels a little bit more.

Good
- Dalton had some great throws, hitting guys in stride
- AJ
- Other receivers, including Gresham. Nice to see Charles with a catch, too.
- Dunlap and MJ were awesome.
- Glad we only play Washington every 4 years or so. RG scares the shit out of me.

Bad
- Easy to look in hindsight, but I hated the fake FG. Take the 3 points!
- Prevent defense - at least keep them in bounds...
- Running game, and run blocking
- Turnovers - too many on offense, not enough on defense

Ugly
- Tackling was terrible. Wrap up, for cryin out loud! Rey, Geathers, Nelson, Adam Jones... The list goes on. No one was immune.
- Nate Clements.. Is old. He can't run. And his tackling stunk.
- Newman - are you fucking kidding me? Almost lost the game with his stupidity.

The Good:
Offense
Orson Charles getting his catch (for 24 yards)
Nate Clements at safety (defense is better with him in the middle)

The Bad:
Going for fake FG in first half, game could have been over if settled for 3 instead
Defensive backs allowing too much cushion to opposing receivers in 2nd half
Tackling on defense was half-hearted inconsistent at best

The Ugly:
Rey Maualuga - number of times he gave up the big play
Rey Maualuga - weighs 265lbs and it shows, he's a lot slower than last year
The Refs - though we got lucky on a PI against Mays in 4th quarter that should've been a sure touchdown - the nightmare continues

[u][b]GOOD:[/b][/u] The defense in the first half (60 yards or something close to that allowed) -- Andy Dalton -- Wide receivers (all of them) -- Greshem -- Dunlap and Johnson with their QB pressure.

[u][b]BAD:[/b][/u] The defense in the second half

[u][b]UGLY:[/b][/u] the REFS!!!!!

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1348433725' post='1162180']
Verdict is still out on Michael Johnson. I hope he builds on this, but the starting LT went down and he was up against a guy who's NEVER played LT...
[/quote]

Played well against the starter too and played well against Thomas last week. Don't hate.

Verdict is still out on Michael Johnson. I hope he builds on this, but the starting LT went down and he was up against a guy who's NEVER played LT...
[/quote]

Do you have a fucking clue? Would you like to buy one?

[/quote]

How is the 'verdict still out'? The game is over. We don't grade their projected career arc in the GB&E threads (I don't think). We just hand out game balls and shame.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348433957' post='1162185']
Played well against the starter too and played well against Thomas last week. Don't hate.
[/quote]

I love you 1181, but you are a blind homer. I don't hate. I just see what I see. I think MJ has been doing...OK. His sack last week came from a leg-whipping trip that would have been called by real refs, and other than that, he was a non-factor. He had an awesome game today, and no one would be more excited than me if he pans out, but I don't know how you do that when he's playing a guy who has ZERO experience at the position. I give him a pass on week 1 because he played too many snaps (most on the team), so here's hoping But, as I said, the verdict is out.

It is not out on Rey, and a few years back when I cried foul with him you took me to task and told me something similar. And right now, you're bent over with your pants around your ankles on that one... Care to change your tune on that one yet? Or is too hard to criticize your team on any level?

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1348433057' post='1162159']
Good: Passing Offense and defense in Quarters 1,2
Creative Playcalling by Gruden

Bad: Running game
Prevent defense in the 4th

Ugly; Refs
The 3rd Quarter
[/quote]

please tell me the Bengals locked up Jay gruden,because if he keeps this offense in the top 10. it won't be long before some one offers him a head coaching position again. I hate these replacement refs.

Archived