AFC - Official Playoff Scenario Thread (Merged Threads)

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1354557421' post='1188279']
They may or may not. I personally think the Titans could hand them another loss as well. Going to be a long month of what-ifs. Let's just hope we win out.
[/quote]

the disapointing aspect is that on a neutral field I truly think the Bengals would handle the Colts.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354557689' post='1188281']
the disapointing aspect is that on a neutral field I truly think the Bengals would handle the Colts.
[/quote]

We'd handle the colts in INDY also I think, but that's the NFL, you know how many teams probably could have beaten us last year, but we were the 6th seed?

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1354640507' post='1188585']
Calling Amish, Calling Amish.... Can you provide your indepth analysis of the playoff picture sir?
[/quote]

Look at my post a couple pages back it shows a few scenarios. For wild card purposes, if Pittsburgh wins out besides vs us, then we have to beat Baltimore and then one of the two NFC games. If Pittsburgh drops another game and loses to us, we can get in by going 2-2 and beating both Pittsburgh and Baltimore, or by going 3-1 but losing to Baltimore.

We are guaranteed to control our own destiny going into week 15, and if we win vs Dallas or Philly we are guaranteed to control our own destiny going into week 16 vs Pittsburgh.

Also if we beat Dallas and Philly and Pittsburgh loses to either sd or Dallas, a win vs Pittsburgh could clinch us a spot in week 16

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1354641508' post='1188589']
Look at my post a couple pages back it shows a few scenarios. For wild card purposes, if Pittsburgh wins out besides vs us, then we have to beat Baltimore and then one of the two NFC games. If Pittsburgh drops another game and loses to us, we can get in by going 2-2 and beating both Pittsburgh and Baltimore, or by going 3-1 but losing to Baltimore.

We are guaranteed to control our own destiny going into week 15, and if we win vs Dallas or Philly we are guaranteed to control our own destiny going into week 16 vs Pittsburgh.

Also if we beat Dallas and Philly and Pittsburgh loses to either sd or Dallas, a win vs Pittsburgh could clinch us a spot in week 16
[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1354642939' post='1188603']
Is there a chance if we win out and go 11-5 and still NOT make the Playoffs? Didn't that happen to the Patriots once?
[/quote]

No, winning out = beating Pit = 6 losses for them which means that no one else (besides the Colts) can be 11-5 and win a tie-breaker against us.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354643102' post='1188605']
no. If the Bengals win out the Steelers can do no better than 10-6.
[/quote]

How you figure that? They have an easy schedule remaining with 3 out of 4 games being in Pittsburgh! We're they're toughest match up left dude.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1354642939' post='1188603']
Is there a chance if we win out and go 11-5 and still NOT make the Playoffs? Didn't that happen to the Patriots once?
[/quote]

That happened to the Pats in 08 because the Colts went as a 12-4 wildcard and they lost in conference record tiebreakers to Miami (for the division) and Baltimore (for the 6 seed).

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1354643450' post='1188610']
How you figure that? They have an easy schedule remaining with 3 out of 4 games being in Pittsburgh! We're they're toughest match up left dude.
[/quote]

what on earth are you talking about? You asked if the Bengals could go 11-5 and not make the playoffs.

The answer is no, its not mathematically possible. If the Bengals go 11-5 the Steelers can not finish any better than 10-6.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1354643450' post='1188610']
[/quote]

Pit is 7-5... if we win out we have to beat them, making them 10-6 at best.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1354643674' post='1188618']
Then we only get in if the Steelers drop 2 more games and end up 9-7 (or worse).
[/quote]

Yeah, losing to the Steelers means we need a whole lot of help even if we do finish 10-6. If the Bengals are going to lose one of the next 4, it would be much better to lose to Dallas or Philly. But lets just go 4-0 and to hell with all that tie-breaker BS.

Above all else i'm a BENGALS fan... however, this week... I am a Bengas Fan, a Titans Fan, a Redskin Fan and a San Diego Fan.... Whodey for Life!

Bengals 23- Cowgirls 13 Moving up
San Diego 31 - Pissburg 3 Blown out
Redskins 34 - Ravens 13 Beaten
Tennessee 24 - colts 21 OT Upset

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1354496180' post='1187991']
There are several threads out there, but with 4 games to go, figured we could make just 1 to discuss possible outcomes.

I'm pretty much counting Indy in and every team besides Stealers and Bengals out. Unless something crazy happens it is going to come down to us and them for the last spot.

At the 3/4s point...

Stealers 7-5
Bengals 7-5

Stealers remaining opponents: SD, @Dallas, Cincy, Cleveland
Cincinnati remaining opponents: Dallas, @Philly, @Pittsburgh, Baltimore

Stealers are 2-2 in the division, 4-5 in the AFC
Cincinnati is 1-3 in the division, 5-5 in the AFC

Obviously we have to beat Pittsburgh to get in. So Im just going to go on assumptions that we do because if we dont then this thread doesnt matter.

To control our own destiny, we have to beat Pittsburgh and Baltimore. If we win both of those, we can afford to lose 1 of the NFC games. Therefore the next two arent must wins, but we HAVE to win one of the two to control our own destiny.

If we beat pittsburgh, but lose to baltimore, we would need Pittsburgh to lose another game besides ours for us to get in. If they lost to cleveland, we could still afford to lose one of the NFC games. If they lost to SD or Dallas, we would have to win both NFC games.

Make a long story short, we can afford to lose one of the NFC games as long as we win the last 2.
[/quote]

Okay, where you at, JB? How do things look after today's surprising results?

Oh, and the Colts will never lose another game...ever...again...ever...apparently.

Archived