AFC - Official Playoff Scenario Thread (Merged Threads)

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1353348395' post='1182449']
Yikes, I did miss that. Oh man.
[/quote]

Can't blame you. If it were New York, Dallas or New England there would have already been a telethon on ESPN, NBC and Fox Sports. Indy is flyover country to these clowns.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1353348616' post='1182452']
Can't blame you. If it were New York, Dallas or New England there would have already been a telethon on ESPN, NBC and Fox Sports. Indy is flyover country to these clowns.
[/quote]

I rarely watch TV as it is, so I would have missed those channel's talking about it anyway.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1353350655' post='1182478']
for those of you who haven't heard, Leftwich is hurt now too.

Charlie Batch is expected to get the start in Cleveland and Pittsburgh is frantically working out backups for him as Leftwich is expected to miss at least a week.
[/quote]

What ever happended to Dennis Dixon?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1353350891' post='1182480']
He plays for the Ravens. He was on the practice squad, but they (smartly) put him on the roster as soon as Roethlisberger got hurt.
[/quote]

huh, what do ya know.

I had always thought he was decent.

Well now that they are playing Batch, I may have to rethink my thoughts and put them on equal footing with the Browns.

This just got interesting.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1353354107' post='1182502']
Batch has to be the oldest player in the league or at least the most seasons. It's got to be at least 15 seasons.
[/quote]

And the fact he could not beat out Leftwich for the #2 spot is not promising for the Stealers.

[url="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter"][b]Adam Schefter[/b] ‏[color=#999999][size=3][s]@[/s][b]AdamSchefter[/b][/size][/color][/url]
[url="https://twitter.com/mortreport"][s]@[/s][b]mortreport[/b][/url], on an Andre Johnson-like roll, reporting Steelers QB Byron [b]Leftwich[/b] fractured two ribs and is unlikely start vs. Cleveland.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1353339853' post='1182364']
. Which would make our game against them the biggest game of the year and an absolutly must win for the final playoff spot if the colts dont fall off, because if I am looking at this right it would mean both us and the Steelers have the same record, but they would have a better division record with only losing 2 to Bmore, thus having the tie breaker over us, meaning we would [b]have[/b] to beat them to get in, assuming we dont pull ahead of the Colts of course.

The margin of error right now is zero, at this point we cant afford to lose.
[/quote]

While true, we'd have to beat balitmore the next week too, which would still only make us 3-3 in the division, while the steelers, assuming they beat Cleveland 2x would make them 3-3 also, and they would most likely have a better conference record, since our's sucks big time.

It's simple at this point, 9-7 wont make the playoffs, no fucking way the Colts or Steelers go 2-5 here on out, we HAVE to have a better record then 1 of them, so we have to finish 10-6 or better IMO, and hope one of them only go 3-4.

Sorry folks, but unless some really screwy shit happens anything worse then 5-1 and we're done.

Anyways, let's all pray that somehow Cleveland beats the hobbled Steelers Sunday and the Bills get their shit together and handle the Colts, they'll have had 10 days to prepare, no excuses. This will make things a lot brighter for us.

Really don't want another what could have been if we beat the Dolphins and Browns like we were supposed to talk. Fuck you 2006 and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1353421778' post='1182717']
While true, we'd have to beat balitmore the next week too, which would still only make us 3-3 in the division, while the steelers, assuming they beat Cleveland 2x would make them 3-3 also, and they would most likely have a better conference record, since our's sucks big time.

It's simple at this point, 9-7 wont make the playoffs, no fucking way the Colts or Steelers go 2-5 here on out, we HAVE to have a better record then 1 of them, so we have to finish 10-6 or better IMO, and hope one of them only go 3-4.

Sorry folks, but unless some really screwy shit happens anything worse then 5-1 and we're done.

Anyways, let's all pray that somehow Cleveland beats the hobbled Steelers Sunday and the Bills get their shit together and handle the Colts, they'll have had 10 days to prepare, no excuses. This will make things a lot brighter for us.

Really don't want another what could have been if we beat the Dolphins and Browns like we were supposed to talk. Fuck you 2006 and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
[/quote]

Yeah I looked a bit closer and realized that too.

At this point it feels more and more like 06.

Hopefully that changes soon, I hate not being in control of our own destiny.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1353421778' post='1182717']

[/quote]

A Cleveland upset over the Charlie batch led stealers would be huge this week, if we can beat Oakland. I don't know if its likely that the browns win, but I think they have a shot. Pittsburghs offense isn't gonna score much. Need trich and weeded to have good games.

If that were to happen I could see them finishing 2-3 in their last 5 and finishing at 8 wins.

Looking at the schedule, the ravens losing to SD this week would be huge also.

Make them 8-3, and then we start to hope denver can win out, since they play baltimore.

Hope balitmore loses to Denver, this would mean that balitmore is pretty much the 3rd seed or 4th seed, and their chances of trying vs us would drop tremendously, knowing they might have to play us week 1 of the playoffs.

Here's baltimore losing, beating Pitt and then losing to denver.

It's pretty cool, all 4 top seeds so far will play each other this season, that doesn't happen often.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1353426408' post='1182733']
[b]Looking at the schedule, the ravens losing to SD this week would be huge also.[/b]

Make them 8-3, and then we start to hope denver can win out, since they play baltimore.

Hope balitmore loses to Denver, this would mean that balitmore is pretty much the 3rd seed or 4th seed, and their chances of trying vs us would drop tremendously, knowing they might have to play us week 1 of the playoffs.

It's pretty cool, all 4 top seeds so far will play each other this season, that doesn't happen often.
[/quote]

nah we want the Ravens to beat the Chargers this week.

Bengals are really in unchartered waters. It is very rare for them to rally the troops and qualify for playoffs.

It seemed most wrote the season off after the loss to the Steelers and then Bronco. Now all of sudden two impressive wins have stoked the flame of hope.

I guess 1990 season is one that is comparable. All others seem to have bengals riding out to a fast start.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1353423583' post='1182727']
[b]A Cleveland upset over the Charlie batch led stealers would be huge this week[/b], if we can beat Oakland. I don't know if its likely that the browns win, but I think they have a shot. Pittsburghs offense isn't gonna score much. Need trich and weeded to have good games.

If that were to happen I could see them finishing 2-3 in their last 5 and finishing at 8 wins.
[/quote]

I could see it happening...
Cleveland has been playing better and it's in clevaland..
the stealers just aren't the same without the rapist...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1353426800' post='1182736']
nah we want the Ravens to beat the Chargers this week.
[/quote]

Definitely. We still play the Chargers H2H and we're counting on Indy and Pitt to drop some games so we can move up. It'd be in our best interests for Balt to have a bye locked up so that they're resting players in Week 17.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1353427585' post='1182741']
Bengals are really in unchartered waters. It is very rare for them to rally the troops and qualify for playoffs.

It seemed most wrote the season off after the loss to the Steelers and then Bronco. Now all of sudden two impressive wins have stoked the flame of hope.

I guess 1990 season is one that is comparable. All others seem to have bengals riding out to a fast start.
[/quote]

I think it would be beneficial for the Bengals to be in a must win situation the last couple weeks of the season. Go in on a roll.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1353426408' post='1182733']
Looking at the schedule, the ravens losing to SD this week would be huge also.

[/quote]

I think we are better off hopin the ravens run the table till our game and have already clinched a bye.

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1353432967' post='1182778']
Absolutely. Why would we want another team to enter the already crammed wild card race? makes no sense.
[/quote]

I get the point he was trying to make (having the Ravens to have nothing to play for week 17), but I think there are other ways for that to happen. Also, I'm not really concerned about the Ravens. Despite what the scoreboard said week one, I honestly don't think the Ravens are that much better than the Bengals.

Archived