Star Wars 7

MichaelWeston

http://boingboing.net/2014/08/19/original-star-wars-trilogy-may.html

Star Wars before they ruined it, available again? So says Comicbook.com.

According to our sources, Disney has plans to release the original cut of the Star Wars trilogy on Blu-ray. Our sources indicate that the project has been under way for quite some time, but it’s been challenging because of some damage to the original negatives they are utilizing. The goal is to release A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of Jedi in their complete, unaltered, original form without the redone special edition SFX.

At first, I loved all the gratuitous Falcon shots, but they went too far. I've been planning to host a viewing of Star Wars in Machete Order for a while. We are planning to use Harmy's Star Wars despecialized edition, but real, remastered originals would be a dream.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/07/a-star-wars-trilogy-of-obi-wan-kenobi-movies-is-rumored-to-be-in/

A Star Wars Trilogy Of Obi-Wan Kenobi Movies Is Rumored To Be In Development 

A trilogy of Obi-Wan Kenobi films is reportedly in development.

According to movie website Cinelinx, which stressed to treat all information as rumor at this time, Disney and Lucasfilm are very interested in making three Obi-Wan movies set betweenRevenge of the Sith and A New Hope. While the three films would have some connective tissue, they would exist independently of one another. Think of it as a James Bond approach to the Star Wars universe.

Cinelinx's unnamed sources also mention that Lucasfilm already has the general premise for each film mapped out. According to the source, one film would take place entirely on the planet Tatooine, while the other two would have Obi-Wan trekking across the galaxy. While the Jedi Master would likely encounter many familiar faces from the Clone Wars, the source specifically mentioned appearances by Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Since everything is still speculatory at this point fans will just have to trust their feelings. Seeing as how Lucasfilm has barely scratched the surface on their next trilogy of primary Star Wars films, concrete information on potential shoots is likely--well--a galaxy far, far away.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

read a supposed leak of the teaser trailer a week or so ago.  If true, its nothing to get worked up over.  Mostly text and music with a flying shot of the Millenium Falcon.

Hopefully there's much more considering they're done shooting.

I would be surprised John Williams only recently started to score the music, I believe he only has finished enough for the trailer which wouldnt surprise me if it has alot of the original theme music in it.

Teaser trailers typically dont give away much. I would not be surprised if the normal (read non-teaser) trailer gets attached to Avendgers since they are both owned by Disney.

Archived