Star Wars 7

MichaelWeston

Episode VII is definitely going to happen some time after VI. It would have to be 30-40 years in SW time. Probably new main characters, Ford would likely just appear for a cameo or maybe as a supporting character. With him in, it's probably a given that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will be a part of it too.

Now, for the Han Solo solo (lol) movie, it will definitely be a new actor, since it's supposed to be about his backstory.

So are they just going to skip past admiral thrawn, the emperor's clone, mara jade and all of that stuff? That would suck.

Mark Hamill Talks Star Wars: Episode VII

The rumor that Harrison Ford had signed on to return as Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII started last week,
but Mark Hamill now says that he and the other original stars have not
officially signed on for the film. They are talking to Lucasfilm about
it, however.

"They're talking to us," he said in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. "George
[Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if
we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts –
they would write us out. … I can tell you right away that we haven't
signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and
meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who
is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were
postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am."

Hamill says in the interview that he doesn't know what he film will be
about officially, but based on his tone, it would appear he knows more
than he is letting on.

"I'm assuming, because I haven't talked to the writers, that
these movies would be about our offspring -- like my character would be
sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character. … When I
found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good
news/bad news joke – the good news is there's a real attractive, hot
girl in the universe; the bad news is she's your sister – I thought,
'Well, I'm going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I'm going to be a
lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple
of robots.'"

Also with the rumors of Ford returning in full swing, Hamill mentioned
that he thinks everyone should come back for the film rather than just
one actor, adding fuel to the fire that he knows more than he's saying.

"Another thing I'd want to make sure of is are we going to
have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee and Tony
Daniels, everybody that's around from the original [returning]? I want
to make sure that everybody's on board here, rather than just one."

Hamill also mentioned the direction he thought the film should go in
terms of tone and its special effects use, and it makes sense to us.

"I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it
was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and
humorous – in my opinion, anyway....hope they find the right balance of
CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures,
matte paintings -- I'm sort of old school. I think if you go too far in
the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game,
and that's unfortunate. … If they listen to me at all, it'll be,
'Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks.'"

• 2 weeks later...

wow, J.J. Abrams has signed on to direct Episode 7.

That means he's now helming both the Star Wars and Star Trek movie franchises. Plus producer on the Mission Impossible franchise.

A long history of sci-fi credentials including Star Trek, Lost, Fringe, Alias, Revolution, Super 8 and Cloverfield.

Man, add one more to the pile. Marvel asked JJ for his help on the final act of Iron Man 3. It's JJ's world, we're all just living in it.

Also, Carrie Fisher has confirmed that she has signed on.

"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation," Lucas said. "So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what's going on.'" He pauses. "Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them." Then he adds: "I won't say whether the negotiations were successful or not." - George Lucas

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57575314-93/harrison-ford-i-think-star-wars-reunion-will-happen/

Harrison Ford: I think 'Star Wars' reunion will happen

The famous actor expects to reunite with his co-stars for more adventures in a galaxy far, far away.

Will "Star Wars" fans see Luke, Leia, and Han pop up in the next film? Harrison Ford certainly thinks so.

Rumors have soared lately over whether the trio would reprise their classic roles in "Star Wars: Episode VII," which is expected to be released in 2015. George Lucas and Carrie Fisher have churned up those rumors with their own off-the-cuff comments. Now the man who brought Han Solo to the screen has chimed in with some tidbits of his own.

Ford is on tour to promote "42," a film about Jackie Robinson in which he plays Dodgers general manager Branch Rickey. But one reporter from WGN had more than baseball on his mind.

When Ford was asked whether he believes the old gang will get back together for the next "Star Wars" film, he offered this reply:

I think it's almost true. I'm looking forward to it. It's not in the bag yet, but I think it'll happen, and I'm delighted.

Ford's comments add to the chorus of recent reports eyeing a reunion for the old gang.

Last month, Latino Review called Ford's signing for "Star Wars: Episode VII" a done deal.

Earlier this month, Carrie Fisher seemingly revealed to Palm Beach Illustrated that she would reprise the role of Princess Leia. However, a rep for the actress later claimed that she was just joking.

The strongest hints have come from George Lucas himself.

In an interview with Bloomberg, the man behind "Star Wars" essentially confirmed that a reunion of the original cast was in store by saying that "we had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison -- or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation."

Lucas quickly stopped himself after realizing that perhaps he shouldn't revealed that bit of news.

So, it sounds like Ford and possibly other major players are on board. But whether or not they've actually signed on the dotted line seems to be up in the air. Lucas appears to be chomping at the bit to spill the beans. But Lucasfilm owner Disney obviously wants to make the official announcement if and when it's truly a done deal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got to go on Star Tours at Hollywood Studios last week.  I know there's 50 different  mission videos that randomly play, but I found it underwhelming as a ride.  It was only like 2-3 minutes long and we didn't get a great mission.

Were you ever on it before the renovation? Much better now, I'm a big fan.

Rumor has it they're going to turn a considerable portion of that park into Star Wars land. They'll also be making a cars land much like the one in California. Star wars land should be pretty awesome when completed (estimated to coincide with the release of the movie I think) if its as detailed and intricate as the cars land in California

Were you ever on it before the renovation? Much better now, I'm a big fan.

Rumor has it they're going to turn a considerable portion of that park into Star Wars land. They'll also be making a cars land much like the one in California. Star wars land should be pretty awesome when completed (estimated to coincide with the release of the movie I think) if its as detailed and intricate as the cars land in California

There was a rumor about it, but I've read its mostly false (which of course itself could be false - there's been no official announcement).  Now it sounds like it will be much more muted.  They are moving the Jedi Academy indoors, and they are making a ride for kids who aren't tall enough for Star Tours.  That seems it.  There was a rumor about a Cantina themed restaurant that would be cool.

Moving the academy indoors would be smart.  It's super hot out at that stage.  Plus, if they move it indoors they could probably offer more of them.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.hypable.com/2013/07/27/john-williams-star-wars-episode-vii-ix/

Legendary composer John Williams will pen Star Wars: Episodes VII – IX.

In a video released on the franchise’s official YouTube page, William talks about returning to the world.

“I’ve loved doing the Star Wars films with all the fanfare and flourish. The Galaxy Far Far Away – I feel like I’m still in it, like I’ve never left it,” he said in the surprise announcement.

“I haven’t seen the script – the story is still unknown to me – but I can’t imagine there will not be some references to the existing stories we know.”

“Since I don’t know the [Episode VII] story, I have to confess to you that I would always prefer not to read scripts and not to hear stories and wait for the moment of discovery with the audience of the film itself so I’m as surprised as they are so I know when to put the surprise button.”

Williams also seems confident in Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams heading the future of the franchise. “They’re both young, both extremely gifted, they have tremendous energy and even in the case of J.J. he’s also very experienced – he’s had some great experience with large scale projects.”

http://www.punchdrunkcritics.com/2013/07/chloe-moretz-really-wants-to-be-in-next.html?spref=tw

Those rumors quieted once J.J. Abrams came aboard, but a look at the casting sheet does suggest the door is still open for a pair of female leads...

Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, physically fit

A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and physically fit

Moretz could fit either of those pretty well, and it sounds as if she's extremely interested in playing one of them. While talking to MTV, Moretz said of was asked about Star Wars and made it clear she's looking for a role...

Moretz: "I mean, obviously there's interest. It's 'Star Wars.' I'd kill to be a part of that franchise, but I don't know. J.J., I'll give you my phone number. You can text me."

http://www.punchdrunkcritics.com/2013/07/chloe-moretz-really-wants-to-be-in-next.html?spref=tw

Those rumors quieted once J.J. Abrams came aboard, but a look at the casting sheet does suggest the door is still open for a pair of female leads...

Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, physically fit

A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and physically fit

Moretz could fit either of those pretty well, and it sounds as if she's extremely interested in playing one of them. While talking to MTV, Moretz said of was asked about Star Wars and made it clear she's looking for a role...

Moretz: "I mean, obviously there's interest. It's 'Star Wars.' I'd kill to be a part of that franchise, but I don't know. J.J., I'll give you my phone number. You can text me."

I love it and don't know about it at the same time.  A perfect fit, but at the same time is she so established among Kick-Ass fans that it may hurt?  Granted Star Wars will have 10 times the viewership of either Kick Ass movie.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/11/07/star-wars-episode-vii-release-date?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000011&ts=1383860463

Finally, after months and months of speculation, "Star Wars: Episode VII" has an official release date: December 18, 2015.

"We're very excited to share the official 2015 release date for 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture," said Disney chairman Alan Horn.

The movie, directed by J.J. Abrams and co-written by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, has been making headlines recently (you may have noticed) about producers' scrambling to make a projected summer 2015 deadline. It looks like Disney heard their pleas and will give them an extra few months to finish the hotly-anticipated project.

"Episode VII" is already in pre-production, and shooting is expected to start in spring 2014 in London. May the Force be with us until then.

• 2 months later...

http://io9.com/disney-appoints-a-group-to-determine-a-new-official-st-1497893812

Disney appoints a group to determine a new, official Star Wars canon.

The Expanded Universe as we knew it will soon be no more. Disney has created a special committee whose job it will be to figure out what is and isn't part of a complete Star Wars canon — meaning all the EU material created over the years will be judged, and either become official or deemed invalid.

Furthermore, this means at some point all new Star Wars spin-offs will matter, because they will all be official. I don't know how I feel about that.

The Story Group, as its called, includes Leland Chee, who has been Lucasfilm's "Keeper of the Holocron," the in-house database of everything Star Wars. According to The Hollywood 

Archived