!!!THE GO TEXANS, GO BRONCOS, GO CHIEFS AND GO COWBOYS THREAD!!!

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1355689116' post='1194448']
Of course they won't. They'll make excuses about how many injuries the poor Ratbirds have had.
[/quote]

or that its going to take some time for them to get fully adjusted on offense with Jim Caldwell.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1355691118' post='1194463']
Bengals wouldnt have the tiebreaker over either team...both Baltimore and Pittsburgh would get in (assuming the jets lose a game) and we would be out.

Only way we could get in while still losing to pittsburgh would be if pittsburgh lost to dallas and cleveland and we beat Baltimore.
[/quote]

Yep. Pretty much. That is the most likely scenario as well. I believe they will all be sitting at 9-7 at the end of the year with Cincinnati narrowly missing out. They would have no one to blame but themselves. They have truly lost the vast majority of their games by getting in their own way. They are young, hopefully they will learn from it, and we will be sitting here next year talking about home field throughout. I hope my gut feeling is wrong about next week as i truly believe they are a better team than both the Steelers and the Ravens, but I just strongly feel they will shrivel up like a cold ball sack in the moment. I was wrong when i felt that way when they played the Giants, hopefully that holds true this time as well.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1355691718' post='1194470']
Can someone explain to me a scenario in which Baltimore wouldnt get into the playoffs?

Everything I can tell is even if they lose out, they still have at least a wildcard birth??

Nvm I think I figured it out...the only way baltimore misses out is is the bengals and stealers tie lol.
[/quote]

if the Bengals go 10-6 and the Steelers and Ravens are tied at 9-7, steelers would have the tiebreaker over the ravens.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355695207' post='1194493']
if the Bengals go 10-6 and the Steelers and Ravens are tied at 9-7, steelers would have the tiebreaker over the ravens.
[/quote]\

No they dont. Baltimore has a tiebreaker over us and pittsburgh. They have the best division record and will end the season with the best division record even if they lose out.

Baltimore clinches a playoff spot no matter what next week UNLESS the bengals and stealers TIE.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1355695715' post='1194494']
\

No they dont. Baltimore has a tiebreaker over us and pittsburgh. They have the best division record and will end the season with the best division record even if they lose out.

Baltimore clinches a playoff spot no matter what next week UNLESS the bengals and stealers TIE.
[/quote]

Absolutely correct.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1355695715' post='1194494']
\

[b]No they dont. Baltimore has a tiebreaker over us and pittsburgh.[/b] They have the best division record and will end the season with the best division record even if they lose out.

[/quote]

I'm staring at the playoff machine that has a 9-7 steelers team winning the division over a 9-7 Baltimore team due to tiebreakers.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355696252' post='1194500']
I'm staring at the playoff machine that has a 9-7 steelers team winning the division over a 9-7 Baltimore team due to tiebreakers.
[/quote]

Ok, let me correct myself. The only way the stealers can have a tiebreaker over baltimore is if they beat us. If they lose to us they will have 3 AFCN losses while batlimore will have 2 max.

Either way my point stands, the only way Baltimore doesnt clinch next week is if we tie.

Archived