The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

Well so much for this season. There is always next year. I just don't see how they can recover with only 161 games left.

Lol. Ludwick hurt isnt good though, but Im not a big heisey fan. Need someone to get that run production. My guess is heisey or someone goes to the 2 hole, BP to the four hole.

That was an awful call on that bruce K btw...

Those strike zone calls were crazy for both teams. 

I agree.  At the start it looked like it was fairly wide and then all of the sudden it was a shoe box.  Oh well.  Can't win them all.  It would have been nice to see someone other than Choo show up though.

That loss gets pinned on every field player not named Choo or Votto.

I was also not a fan of the intentional walk in 13 to get to the pitchers spot.  I get why it was done, but I'm not a big fan of walking a runner into scoring position in extra innings (unless you are "pitching around" Pujols or Hamilton in that lineup).  They guy they walked wasn't that hard of an out.

I hate how they play 1 game and then have a day off. 
You played 1 game, why do you need a day off?!!!

they've been doing it for years.  They built in a buffer day in case the Opening Day game and parade got rained out.

If they had been rained out yesterday, both would have been today.

It goes back to the days when the Reds were the only opening day game.  They played on Monday and everyone else played on Tuesday.

Plus, as 1181 said, it gives them a weather day since early April is real hit or miss in Cincinnati.

May be a good sign its just the 15 day DL and not the 60. Hopefully he can be back some time in May.

The speculation is he could be out until the All Star break.

Saw a site that said 3 months.

Does Choo move to left field and Heisey/Paul in CF?  I'm not sure how hard it is to play LF in GABP, but he can't be too much worse than Lud.

Saw a site that said 3 months.

Does Choo move to left field and Heisey/Paul in CF?  I'm not sure how hard it is to play LF in GABP, but he can't be too much worse than Lud.

No, I think Choo stays in CF.

Regardless of the injury. I still do not understand why Choo must play CF. Given his history, put him in a corner and move a corner OF to CF.

Because he hits lead-off... duh!

:P

BACK IN '84 I KNEW A GUY WHO GOT HIT IN THE SHIN PLAYING CENTER FIELD

THAT TEAM WENT TO THE WORLD SERIES

GOIN WITH MY GUT

Regardless of the injury. I still do not understand why Choo must play CF. Given his history, put him in a corner and move a corner OF to CF.

I don't either.  Maybe to get him seasoned for when Ludwick comes back?  Heisey has seen more action in CF as has Paul than Choo.

I know Ludwick is on a multi-year deal, but it may not be a bad idea to see if Choo can play LF and try to re-sign him to play there next year with Billy in CF.  

Billy and Choo batting 1 and 2 would be pretty incredible.  Especially if Billy becomes a switch hitter.

Bat Votto 4th.

Won't happen but should.

IMO.

I disagree, I dont really see the advantages of batting Votto 4th. Choo is going to have a high OBP, you want him pretty close to votto. If choo is 3 batters ahead of votto there is a lot more of a chance those two guys will create outs and votto wont be up with choo on base.

I disagree, I dont really see the advantages of batting Votto 4th. Choo is going to have a high OBP, you want him pretty close to votto. If choo is 3 batters ahead of votto there is a lot more of a chance those two guys will create outs and votto wont be up with choo on base.

Taken from my "You are Named Reds Manager" thread:

Choo was brought in because he could get on base.  If he does, and or Paul/Heisey/BP also gets on, Votto still bats in the first inning with runners on.  

If no one gets on ahead of Votto, if he hits third, he comes up with no one on and 2 out.  Even if he gets a hit, whoever is batting 4th has 2 outs.

If Votto bats 4th and no one gets on, Votto leads off an inning, and that's more chances to get him in.

they've been doing it for years.  They built in a buffer day in case the Opening Day game and parade got rained out.

If they had been rained out yesterday, both would have been today.

Or an umpire dies.

Archived