The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

GD.  This team is hard to watch.  Bruce gets onto second.  Ludwick hits to the right side of the infield and can't get him over.  Mes goes up 3-0 and watches three straight fastballs for a K.  WTF? 

We can not beat St. Louis. Period.

And if we can't beat them, we won't advance in the playoffs either. It's too bad because up until recently, this team has had sparkling pitching from both the starters and the bullpen. But with no run support, and with us wearing out in the pen and having injuries there....I just don't see us being more than one and done in the playoffs. I would love to be wrong but this team just doesn't seem to have that moxie to gut out wins when it really, really matters. 

And if we can't beat them, we won't advance in the playoffs either. It's too bad because up until recently, this team has had sparkling pitching from both the starters and the bullpen. But with no run support, and with us wearing out in the pen and having injuries there....I just don't see us being more than one and done in the playoffs. I would love to be wrong but this team just doesn't seem to have that moxie to gut out wins when it really, really matters. 

Honestly think the best we can hope for at this point is for St. Louis to win the division and us come in 2nd so we can host the pirates here.

Anything could happen if we actually advance beyond the WC game, but my money would be on getting swept since we would have used Latos in the WC game.

Just being honest.

Honestly think the best we can hope for at this point is for St. Louis to win the division and us come in 2nd so we can host the pirates here.

Anything could happen if we actually advance beyond the WC game, but my money would be on getting swept since we would have used Latos in the WC game.

Just being honest.

Actually in your scenario I like our chances against the Pirates as we've played really well against them this year. It's the goddamn Cardinals we can't seem to solve. I thought once LaRussa was gone and with Jocketty here we would have solved that puzzle but it seems we still have a mental block with that team. By losing today, the Reds have now lost TWENTY FIVE of the last TWENTY NINE series we've played against them. Think about how much ownage that is.The Cards collapsing on their own last season was one of the major reasons we even made the playoffs last year. Doesn't look to happen this season.

Actually in your scenario I like our chances against the Pirates as we've played really well against them this year. It's the goddamn Cardinals we can't seem to solve. I thought once LaRussa was gone and with Jocketty here we would have solved that puzzle but it seems we still have a mental block with that team. By losing today, the Reds have now lost TWENTY FIVE of the last TWENTY NINE series we've played against them. Think about how much ownage that is.The Cards collapsing on their own last season was one of the major reasons we even made the playoffs last year. Doesn't look to happen this season.

While I agree with the majority of this, the last line was a little nuts. Winning 97 games is why we made the playoffs last year, not the cards collapsing.

With regards to this season...not looking great. Then again I have seen crazier things, so at this point im just rooting for us to get in and who knows what could happen from there. With that being said I plan on taking tomorrow off and the off day thursday to give me a fresh break for the stretch run. Watching these last two games has been miserable.

While I agree with the majority of this, the last line was a little nuts. Winning 97 games is why we made the playoffs last year, not the cards collapsing.

With regards to this season...not looking great. Then again I have seen crazier things, so at this point im just rooting for us to get in and who knows what could happen from there. With that being said I plan on taking tomorrow off and the off day thursday to give me a fresh break for the stretch run. Watching these last two games has been miserable.

It's not crazy. The Cards failed to keep pace by losing to shitty teams in our division while we feasted on the same shitty teams. And therein lies the problem to me...we have struggled with teams we should put away (like the miserable Brewers, whom always seem to be a thorn in our side dating back to 1999), but now we were in a position to make a statement against the one team that has repeatedly made us their bitch over and over again...and now we're their bitch again. I wish Cueto were here to kick Molina in the head.

Seriously.

OK, not really.

It's not crazy. The Cards failed to keep pace by losing to shitty teams in our division while we feasted on the same shitty teams. And therein lies the problem to me...we have struggled with teams we should put away (like the miserable Brewers, whom always seem to be a thorn in our side dating back to 1999), but now we were in a position to make a statement against the one team that has repeatedly made us their bitch over and over again...and now we're their bitch again. I wish Cueto were here to kick Molina in the head.

Seriously.

OK, not really.

It doesn't change the fact that 97 win teams make the playoffs like 95 percent of the time and with a 5 team playoff that started last year I bet that number gets pretty damn close to 100 percent.

Not saying you are wrong about our play against the cards though. I'm gonna try hard not to watch tonight cause if we get swept ill be really pissed.

It doesn't change the fact that 97 win teams make the playoffs like 95 percent of the time and with a 5 team playoff that started last year I bet that number gets pretty damn close to 100 percent.

Not saying you are wrong about our play against the cards though. I'm gonna try hard not to watch tonight cause if we get swept ill be really pissed.

Bailey's been so bad against the Cards, I'd just go ahead an save your disappointment and watch Hard Knocks again..

BP batting 2nd tonight. 

I guess this tweet from Rosencrans is what set BP off ....

Reds go from a hitter with a .320 OBP in the 2 hole to one with a .310 OBP

In his first AB in the 2 hole, @DatDudeBP comes through with a single. 4 pitches, 2 hits for #Reds

BP looks bad there. 

Yeah he does.  REALLY bad.  Maybe these guys are pissed off.  At least this team isn't laying on their back and taking it.  Looks like STL smacking them in the mouth MAY have sparked something.  

Yeah he does.  REALLY bad.  Maybe these guys are pissed off.  At least this team isn't laying on their back and taking it.  Looks like STL smacking them in the mouth MAY have sparked something.  

Yeah he made a mistake, hopefully he will apologize. Dont blame him for being pissed, I was pretty pissed as well and dont even play for the team.

Havent watched a single pitch tonight, hope they keep it up. Put these fuckers away tonight.

Archived