The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

We should get Ludwick back today.  I wonder how long it will take him to get things going?

Hopefully not too long. Curious what he will do with the lineup. Prob start with luddy at 6 Todd at 2, but i wonder with BP slumping if he'll go back to his opening day lineup of Phillips at 2 luddy at 4 if luddy heats up.

Hopefully his presence alone will get the team motivated and back on a roll.

It's a shame Wood couldn't keep it together when we had him. Big fan of his.

I think it was more of a numbers game than him not being able to put it together.

Just goes to show how good our pitching has been in our system lately. Leake cueto bailey wood cingrani all home grown. Hopefully Stephenson can follow that path.

I think it was more of a numbers game than him not being able to put it together.

Just goes to show how good our pitching has been in our system lately. Leake cueto bailey wood cingrani all home grown. Hopefully Stephenson can follow that path.

We got Cueto in the Josh Hamilton trade, didn't we?

Anyone else on here feel that Latos should at least be in the discussion for the Cy Young?

I know he won't win, it will go to Kershaw, Harvey, or Wainwright, but still... the man is 12-3 with a 3 ERA pitching half his games at GABP.

He should at least be in the discussion IMO

Anyone else on here feel that Latos should at least be in the discussion for the Cy Young?

I know he won't win, it will go to Kershaw, Harvey, or Wainwright, but still... the man is 12-3 with a 3 ERA pitching half his games at GABP.

He should at least be in the discussion IMO

he gets zero run support too, We're lucky to have won today. We can't have Phillips providing the only offense in games against shit-tastic teams like the Cubs. Glad for the win, still wondering about this offense's inability to produce runs and back up the great pitching. I'm used to the reverse being the case in years gone by.

he gets zero run support too, We're lucky to have won today. We can't have Phillips providing the only offense in games against shit-tastic teams like the Cubs. Glad for the win, still wondering about this offense's inability to produce runs and back up the great pitching. I'm used to the reverse being the case in years gone by.

Precisely. Plus the bullpen has given up a few games he should have got the W for. I could easily see him being 15-3 at this point.

Looks like we got the better end of that Padres deal if we can sign Mat long term. Padres got pretty much nothing except for Alonso and he was never going to play here with Joey being here.

Also, look at the parks those other guys pitch in, not exactly small parks.

Speaking of Cueto...when is he due back? And once he does come back what does that mean for the rotation? If I were Dusty, I would bounce Arroyo into the bullpen. The other starters have earned their spots (Bailey is the only one on the fringe, IMO). A rotation of Cueto, Latos, Leake, Cingraini and Bailey looks pretty strong to me. Stronger than if Arroyo was included in it.

Thoughts? I mean, Arroyo makes a ton of money and there's no way he's back next year and everyone else likely will be. Do you put the guy that's been eating innings for you for seven years into the pen? I would. 

Speaking of Cueto...when is he due back? And once he does come back what does that mean for the rotation? If I were Dusty, I would bounce Arroyo into the bullpen. The other starters have earned their spots (Bailey is the only one on the fringe, IMO). A rotation of Cueto, Latos, Leake, Cingraini and Bailey looks pretty strong to me. Stronger than if Arroyo was included in it.

Thoughts? I mean, Arroyo makes a ton of money and there's no way he's back next year and everyone else likely will be. Do you put the guy that's been eating innings for you for seven years into the pen? I would. 

Last I heard he is not even throwing right now.

1. Cueto isn't close to returning. Price says he is optimistic about cueto returning this year, but we are running out of time. I'd be surprised at this point.

2. If he does come back I'd bet cingrani would go to the pen. He prob has some sort of innings limit he is getting close to and also doesn't have playoff experience. He also has pitched successfully out of the pen before and could be a reliable lefty out of the pen if needed. Even if cueto doesn't come back of be surprised if cingrani got a start in the playoffs.

3. Even if arroyo is the worst of our starting 5, there is no way dusty is takin him out of the rotation. He will very likely be getting a playoff start if we make it the the NLDS. And he pitched great last year in it so hopefully he could again.

1. Cueto isn't close to returning. Price says he is optimistic about cueto returning this year, but we are running out of time. I'd be surprised at this point.

2. If he does come back I'd bet cingrani would go to the pen. He prob has some sort of innings limit he is getting close to and also doesn't have playoff experience. He also has pitched successfully out of the pen before and could be a reliable lefty out of the pen if needed. Even if cueto doesn't come back of be surprised if cingrani got a start in the playoffs.

3. Even if arroyo is the worst of our starting 5, there is no way dusty is takin him out of the rotation. He will very likely be getting a playoff start if we make it the the NLDS. And he pitched great last year in it so hopefully he could again.

Agreed all around.

I doubt we see anything from Cueto this year. If he hasn't started throwing yet he's got to be weeks from returning. Could you really trust him in the playoffs fresh off the DL?

Gained a half game.  Hopefully the cards beat up on the Pirates this next series, send them spiraling, and then we take care of the Cards.

I think we would prefer they spit the series and we sweep the cubs, gaining ground on both.

I've mostly given up on the division, so I'd prefer a Cardinal sweep. If we're going to be a wild card, I'd like the Pirates in the 1 game playoff and then go to Atlanta.

Only 4.5 out, way to early to give up. Especially with both the cards and Pirates struggling lately.

My ideal scenario is we win the next 3, cards take 2 of 3 from Pitt. Pitt would be up 2.5 on us with the cards being half game up on us heading into the weekend.

Then again if we find a way to win games the next 3 days well make ground on one or both teams either way. Good position to be in. Just win.

Archived