Yesterday, I was never prouder of my President, nor more ashamed of my Government

oldschooler

Da Fuq?

http://rt.com/usa/boy-fatally-shoots-sister-686/

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister with gift riffle

shot and killed his 2-year-old sister

mother claims she had been gone for “no more than three minutes” when the incident transpired

kept in a corner of the house, and no one realized a shell had been left inside.

"Just one of those crazy accidents," he continued.

“playing” with the rifle

It remains unclear if any charges will be filed, Kentucky State Police spokesman Trooper Billy Gregory said.

The rifle is marketed by the company as a tool “to instill gun safety in the minds of youth shooters.”

Last month, 6-year-old Brandon Holt was shot in the head and killed

killed his 5-year-old sister

She declined to comment on whether the shooting was intentional or accidental, only saying the child was playing with a rifle he had previously used to go hunting

I started shooting at a very early age.  My father had a gun safe that all the guns went inside after cleaning them and ensuring no loaded rounds were inside.  Parents of these children have to answer some questions.  Like with the Crikett Rifle, some of them come with Internal Safety Lock.  If someone receives their first gun it should be safety first.  Parental supervision is a must not an optional idea.

Since this particular post does not deal with background checks I'm assuming you want the parents brought up on charges and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law ?  Probably will not happen even though there were probably laws broken, numerous violations, and unsafe practices.  Only a gun law that prevents guns falling into the hands of people who should not reproduce would solve the issue.  Could these events have been prevented ?  Absolutely.  Would the current law or the one shot down have prevented this from happening ?  No. 

How would you propose to keep irresponsible parents from allowing their kids to own, carry, or otherwise shoot a gun ?

Since this particular post does not deal with background checks I'm assuming you want the parents brought up on charges and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law ?

I absolutely want these parents prosecuted. IDGAF how much pain they are feeling and suffering. This is criminally negligent homicide, negligent endangerment of a child, whatever. They were reckless and negligent, and as a direct result a child, their child, is dead. Who buys a pre-k child a firearm anyways? Especially, when you don't have or use a safe.

I absolutely want these parents prosecuted. IDGAF how much pain they are feeling and suffering. This is criminally negligent homicide, negligent endangerment of a child, whatever. They were reckless and negligent, and as a direct result a child, their child, is dead. Who buys a pre-k child a firearm anyways? Especially, when you don't have or use a safe.

X2

we put age limits on cars and alcohol...

Is that how you would propose to keep irresponsible parents from allowing their kids to own, carry, or otherwise shoot a gun ?

I'll propose it a different way.  IF you had unlimited authority to push anything through the legal hoops and implement, what would you do ?

it just boils down to better parenting..I know a 10 year old that shoots with his dad..the family is very responsible, but I just think you will always have careless parents no matter what laws pass..I mean I guess you would have to put a law on kitchen knives..

Is that how you would propose to keep irresponsible parents from allowing their kids to own, carry, or otherwise shoot a gun ?

I'll propose it a different way.  IF you had unlimited authority to push anything through the legal hoops and implement, what would you do ?

Yes, I would restrict to 16 and allow for prosecution of both the kid if above 10 and parent in every case.

it just boils down to better parenting..I know a 10 year old that shoots with his dad..the family is very responsible, but I just think you will always have careless parents no matter what laws pass..I mean I guess you would have to put a law on kitchen knives..

Yes because kitchen knives are designed for the purpose of killing.

See that is exactly why we need laws.  Too many people have demonstrated an inability to be good parents.  Too many people don't have what many consider even common sense.  In the mean time that poor little 2 year-old girl is dead and all you can say is she needed "better parenting".

See that is exactly why we need laws.  Too many people have demonstrated an inability to be good parents.  Too many people don't have what many consider even common sense.  In the mean time that poor little 2 year-old girl is dead and all you can say is she needed "better parenting".

what about a toddler that drowns in a pool unattended, it boils down to parents..

Yes, we need laws AND we need them to be enforced.  Enforcing better parenting is an impossible task but as Jamie pointed out in his post, prosecuting the parents and the kid might cause other parents to pause and think before arming their children with a lethal item.

In the cases Jamie pointed out above there were numerous violations on the part of the parents already.  Laws are already in place.  Enforce the current laws and what is not effective or outdated, make new ones.  But...  first things first, the laws already in place need to be enforced not ignored or wrote over for the sake of appeasing those that want new laws to appear as if there is action being taken to prevent incidents from occurring.

Yes, I would restrict to 16 and allow for prosecution of both the kid if above 10 and parent in every case.

Yes because kitchen knives are designed for the purpose of killing.

I like it but we have to be able to enforce this.  Would you propose to hold law enforcement accountable for enforcing these laws or would you develop a separate group for handling gun related crimes along the lines of BATF which is held accountable to a higher power if failed to be enforced ?

what about a toddler that drowns in a pool unattended, it boils down to parents..

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/kentucky-news/Toddler-drowns-in-family-s-swimming-pool/-/9718420/12211094/-/650yhuz/-/index.html

A 2-year-old boy drowned in his family's swimming pool Sunday night.
The victim has been identified as Leonardo Irizarry. He died at Kosair Sunday at 9:15 p.m. The cause of death is ruled to be consistent with drowning.

Authorities with Louisville Metro Police Department said officers were called to the 3300 block of Wellingmoor Drive about 8:30 p.m.

Investigators said the boy was unresponsive after being found in the pool by a family member.

What happened to the people who were watching over him ?  ...

Most areas have laws about Pools having to have fences and stuff. 

And the next time someone takes a swimming pool to a public place and kills 

a shit load of people, it will be the first time. 

There are obviously a bunch of dumbasses that shouldn't even be able to have kids. 

Much less raise them. So just saying "bad parenting" and acting like it is all on them to

fix shit is as ridiculous as saying we should be arming everyone that can hold a gun.

I absolutely agree with Nati Ice (and drink his beer). This is criminal negligence of the highest order and the height of stupidity. Those so-called parents should be tossed in the clink forever and chemically neutered. Seriously...who in the fuck thinks its a good idea to buy a FOUR year old (he got the weapon a year ago and is now five) a fucking FIREARM? And not only that, but allows access unsupervised to said firearm?

I agree that somewhere around the age of nine or ten, depending on the circumstances (rural farmer area, etc) is okay to introduce a child that age to a firearm...under strict adult supervision...and that the child has ZERO access to the weapon without strict, responsible adult supervision!

I am of two minds on this: on the one hand, I simply cannot believe the stupidity of some people and that their negligent stupidity gets little kids killed (or makes them "killers"), which is incredibly sad.

On the other hand, I can't help but feel that this is Darwin in action. These people are too stupid to breed. Seriously. It's sad that they aren't just killing themselves as adults and their children are bearing this heavy burden, but at the end of the day, I want these irresponsible jackasses weeded out of the gene pool ASAP.

On the other hand, I can't help but feel that this is Darwin in action. These people are too stupid to breed. Seriously. It's sad that they aren't just killing themselves as adults and their children are bearing this heavy burden, but at the end of the day, I want these irresponsible jackasses weeded out of the gene pool ASAP.

Idiots are breeding and it's only going to get worse.  Idiocracy was not just a movie but a documentary of our future...

pc_2d133fd1167cb8402f332d8492d26244.jpg

New NRA president calls the Civil War the "War of Northern Aggression."

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NRA_CONVENTION_NEW_PRESIDENT?SITE=OHCOD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-05-04-02-05-44

:facepalm:

Seems like the NRA double down on the crazy with this new president, he has made some pretty crazy comments in the past and I think the best is yet to come.

I think he ultimately hurt their cause with his habit for making ridiculous comments as the moderate members will not want to be associated with this nutjob.

New NRA president calls the Civil War the "War of Northern Aggression."

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NRA_CONVENTION_NEW_PRESIDENT?SITE=OHCOD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-05-04-02-05-44

:facepalm:

In some circles, namely South Carolina, they never stopped calling it that.

I think he ultimately hurt their cause with his habit for making ridiculous comments as the moderate members will not want to be associated with this nutjob.

The NRA still has moderate members?

Look at the celebrity guests at their convention this weekend; Ted Nugent, Glenn Beck..

The modern NRA is a lobbyist organization for gun manufacturers that panders to wingnut militia types in order to create a facade of grassroots support. I used to have some respect for them but at this point when I see an NRA sticker it's as much an indicator of "ignorant angry dickhead whiteguy" as a Gadsden or CSA flag.

The NRA still has moderate members?

Look at the celebrity guests at their convention this weekend; Ted Nugent, Glenn Beck..

The modern NRA is a lobbyist organization for gun manufacturers that panders to wingnut militia types in order to create a facade of grassroots support. I used to have some respect for them but at this point when I see an NRA sticker it's as much an indicator of "ignorant angry dickhead whiteguy" as a Gadsden or CSA flag.

Good point, if that is case how long until they become labeled a terrorist organization as the new president has already made imflamatory statements about the president and AG. They clearly have a disdain for the government and play by their own set of rules.

Jesus Christ with the fucking NRA. They could be such a positive force for responsible gun ownership and appeal to a broad base if they just weren't so fucking insane at the top levels of "leadership".

Idiots are breeding and it's only going to get worse.  Idiocracy was not just a movie but a documentary of our future...

pc_2d133fd1167cb8402f332d8492d26244.jpg

that is what started idiocracy believing in evolution!

Archived