Yesterday, I was never prouder of my President, nor more ashamed of my Government

oldschooler

There is no medical diagnosis of mental health issues called "Christian" don't be ridiculous

http://pb.rcpsych.org/content/32/6/201.full

...92% believed that religion and mental illness were connected and that religious issues should be addressed in treatment, and while 42% believed religiousness could lead to mental illness, 61% said that it could protect against mental illness.

The American College of Graduate Medical Education mandates in its Special Requirements for Residency Training for Psychiatry (Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education, 1994) that all programmes must provide training on religious or spiritual factors that can influence mental health. Ignoring the religious beliefs will cause the psychiatrist to miss an important psychological and social factor that may be either a powerful resource for healing or major cause of pathology.

While there is not a condition called Christian there is a belief within the Psychiatry community that religion plays a factor in mental illness, can lead to mental illness, and / or protect against mental illness.

I'm asking that our resident psychiatrist Michael Weston chime in regarding this matter.  Here's your nickel;  96.jpg

gallery_1479_52_298.jpg

While there is not a condition called Christian there is a belief within the Psychiatry community that religion plays a factor in mental illness, can lead to mental illness, and / or protect against mental illness.

I'm asking that our resident psychiatrist Michael Weston chime in regarding this matter.  Here's your nickel;  96.jpg

gallery_1479_52_298.jpg

thank-you great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can disagree with fact... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller D.C. vs Heller held that the prefatory clause ("well regulated militia") does not constrain the operative clause ("keep and bear arms") no matter how you interpret the prefatory (there are many interpretations). It furthermore defines the "militia" as all American males physically capable of self defense, regardless of any organization. So, using the prefatory clause to argue that the Second Amendment self-limits the right to keep and bear arms is a non sequitur.

As to "regulation," we consent by social contract to have all of our rights regulated. The very basis of American government is that we are endowed with certain inalienable rights - the government does not grant them, but we consent to reasonable regulation for the sake of organized society. The Second Amendment entails one of those rights, that to self defense.

We have laws that keep certain people from owning guns. Certain weapons are banned from being owned.
We tried to get our lawmakers to strengthen those laws and add to those bans. They buckled to the weight
of the Gun Lobby. 

why do you use the F word when you post? it is a proven statistic that when people use the F word all the time they have a lower education..So I am more educated then..As far as people being for something I could work any poll in my favor..does not take much to do that...Next...

I use the F word for a few reasons.

1. Because I can. This board allows it. And I am Free and an Adult.

2. To emphasize what I am saying.

3. To relieve pain.

Please provide proof that people that swear less are more educated. Because if that is true, you Sir are an exception.

But really, there was a study that said swearing helps relieve pain. And considering reading your tripe is painful.
Well, I'll let you connect the fucking dots.

Please work a poll in your favor, that says 90 percent of Americans are against what you stand for.
Show off that education. I'll be waiting.

thank-you great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I would thank me for that.  It supports both opinions in this matter.  Read the above link closely and know that both sides have semi-valid arguments.

One of the posters here might appreciate that the funding for this article was from  the "Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA."

We have laws that keep certain people from owning guns. Certain weapons are banned from being owned.
We tried to get our lawmakers to strengthen those laws and add to those bans. They buckled to the weight
of the Gun Lobby. 

3. To relieve pain.

Please provide proof that people that swear less are more educated. Because if that is true, you Sir are an exception.

But really, there was a study that said swearing helps relieve pain. And considering reading your tripe is painful.

Please work a poll that says 90 percent of Americans are against what you stand for.
Show off that education. I'll be waiting.

Bayer for the pain maybe? That is what highly educated people take for pain..lol!

Bayer for the pain maybe? That is what highly educated people take for pain..lol!

Some people are allergic to aspirin. And it upsets their stomach.

So it is easier just to swear. So I did. 

So now you are highly educated?

This is stupid and a waste of time.

The only reason you pointed out that I used the word FUCK, ONE FUCKING TIME
IS BECAUSE YOU FUCKING HAD NOTHING ELSE TO FUCKING SAY TO WHAT WAS

FUCKING ADDRESSED TO YOU. SO PLEASE FUCK OFF NOW.

Thanks.

of the Gun Lobby. 

3. To relieve pain.

Please work a poll that says 90 percent of Americans are against what you stand for.
Show of that education. I'll be waiting.

The poll that is being quoted in the initial post (and by the government) is of only 1772 voters in THREE states.  Three states and 1772 voters do not define what ALL of America is thinking.  Although, I will concede that there were additional surveys conducted by Quinnipiac in a couple more states that had similar results.

Go to http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes--centers/polling-institute/ and click on the link below the picture of Obama;  http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes--centers/polling-institute/new-jersey/release-detail?ReleaseID=1842

Polls of voters in Virginia, New Jersey and Pennsylvania in January by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University show:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/07/us-usa-guns-poll-idUSBRE9160LW20130207

The poll surveyed 1,772 registered voters from January 30 to February 4 and had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.3 percentage points, Quinnipiac said.

The poll that is being quoted in the initial post (and by the government) is of only 1772 voters in THREE states.  Three states and 1772 voters do not define what ALL of America is thinking.  Although, I will concede that there were additional surveys conducted by Quinnipiac in a couple more states that had similar results.

Go to http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes--centers/polling-institute/ and click on the link below the picture of Obama;  http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes--centers/polling-institute/new-jersey/release-detail?ReleaseID=1842

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/07/us-usa-guns-poll-idUSBRE9160LW20130207

Almost every Poll ever taken on the subject comes back with basically the same numbers.

A strong majority of gun owners and non gun owners support stronger restrictions on firearms, according to a national survey conducted by Johns Hopkins University.

A sizable 89 percent of all respondents, and 75 percent of those identified as NRA members, support universal background checks for gun sales. Similar surveys by Pew Research Center and Gallup have also found background checks to be by far the most popular gun control proposal in the aftermath the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

not a troll...just every poll is different....fox news and cnn news always have different polls...there are a lot of people who share my views on gun rights..

A minority percentage of a large population is still a very large group of people, so undoubtably you know many people who share the same views as you.

That does not change the fact that an even larger group of people disagree.

why do you use the F word when you post? it is a proven statistic that when people use the F word all the time they have a lower education..So I am more educated then..As far as people being for something I could work any poll in my favor..does not take much to do that...Next...

I am fucking way more fucking educated than you fucking are. Fucking firstly, I'm not fucking stupid like you. Secondly, I can fucking spell. Thirdly, I fucking use proper fucking grammar. Lastly, I am not a complete fucking moron, completely fucking incapable of fucking grasping simple concepts, like closing fucking existing fucking gun control loopholes that would fucking help save fucking lives, and not fucking take away your or my fucking guns. And I am a fucking goddamn gun owner. Fucker.

My point is the only way to inforce stricter gun laws is too have martial law..That is the only way!

This is absolutely, most assuredly, really, really, really not true. It is so far from the truth as to be laughable.

I am fucking way more fucking educated than you fucking are. Fucking firstly, I'm not fucking stupid like you. Secondly, I can fucking spell. Thirdly, I fucking use proper fucking grammar. Lastly, I am not a complete fucking moron, completely fucking incapable of fucking grasping simple concepts, like closing fucking existing fucking gun control loopholes that would fucking help save fucking lives, and not fucking take away your or my fucking guns. And I am a fucking goddamn gun owner. Fucker.

This is absolutely, most assuredly, really, really, really not true. It is so far from the truth as to be laughable.

Damn, bro, tell him what you really think!

Fuck off, Kenneth, you fucking fuck...

:ninja:

Well, Elfucko, I was fucking planning on fucking off, but can I ask you a fucking question. Is fucking "fucking off" really fucking off if you fucking plan the fucking "fuck off"? To be fucking truthful, I fucking don't have a fucking clue!:)

Well, Elfucko, I was fucking planning on fucking off, but can I ask you a fucking question. Is fucking "fucking off" really fucking off if you fucking plan the fucking "fuck off"? To be fucking truthful, I fucking don't have a fucking clue! :)

All the uneducated fucks in this thread are making my fucking head fucking hurt.

I have one word for the both of you:

Cunt

That is all... 

gallery_1479_52_298.jpg

I don't have an extensive history here but I have never heard even a peep about anything like this. I'm not a psychiatrist but I am licensed in the field. There are therapists who tie their entire practice into spirituality or religion.

Edit: I read it to fast. So every therapist should ask about spirituality at some point because it is a great coping tool for some people. As far as it leading to mental illness. That's probably an incorrect phrase. What it can do is cause people to be fatalistic and not take charge of things for themselves and do their own work.

Being a Christian has as much to do with mental health diagnosis as being black blonde haired or canadian would.

I don't have an extensive history here but I have never heard even a peep about anything like this. I'm not a psychiatrist but I am licensed in the field. There are therapists who tie their entire practice into spirituality or religion.

Edit: I read it to fast. So every therapist should ask about spirituality at some point because it is a great coping tool for some people. As far as it leading to mental illness. That's probably an incorrect phrase. What it can do is cause people to be fatalistic and not take charge of things for themselves and do their own work.

Being a Christian has as much to do with mental health diagnosis as being black blonde haired or canadian would.

So, you're saying IF I am a Christian Canadian Black with Blonde hair then I must be FUCKED ?

Well...Canadian qualifies. What I meant upthread is that many people that are atheists would consider very religious people to have a mental defect.

What about BengalSIS ?

Well...Canadian qualifies. What I meant upthread is that many people that are atheists would consider very religious people to have a mental defect.

Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money!

~George Carlin

:whistle:

Archived